Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, I hate you :spy. Your frequent updates are forcing me to check forum every few minutes. I'm having end-term exams Damn it! :p

Ross, I hate you :spy. Your frequent updates are forcing me to check forum every few minutes. I'm having end-term exams Damn it! :p

I know what you mean!! :mad I am currently writing a CV to apply for a job and every time I get stuck why not see if there is anything new Ross has told us?

God dam it :facepalm

I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not, it probably has, but, will it be released in the UK? If not, how will people in the UK be able to purchase the game? Also, any more news regarding a release date? I know online it says October 2013.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked or not, it probably has, but, will it be released in the UK? If not, how will people in the UK be able to purchase the game? Also, any more news regarding a release date? I know online it says October 2013.

As the UK is one of the biggest markets for cricketing games(I'm pretty sure it is anyway) I'm 134% sure it will be sold there. No updates regarding release date, and I think Ross just said before October so could be anytime between now and then but no official release date so maybe later but I do recall Ross saying nothings changed. :D

Hope this helps

He's also said a month long campaign for the game before release, so we will know by the end of August at the latest, but I think it's more likely we will hear something before the end of the month.

I'm sure Ross would enjoy announcing his release date on the day that Ashes announce they will miss July.

As the UK is one of the biggest markets for cricketing games(I'm pretty sure it is anyway) I'm 134% sure it will be sold there. No updates regarding release date, and I think Ross just said before October so could be anytime between now and then but no official release date so maybe later but I do recall Ross saying nothings changed. :D

Hope this helps

Yeah thanks, it helps a lot, I think I read this morning that it'll be released in Australia, but people in the UK can play it due to the lack of regional locking or something like that, so I was wondering what will actually happen. I'm guessing the game will be released on Xbox and PS3? October isn't too far away, so I'm not that bothered about no official release date. Thanks anyway.

He's also said a month long campaign for the game before release, so we will know by the end of August at the latest, but I think it's more likely we will hear something before the end of the month.

I'm sure Ross would enjoy announcing his release date on the day that Ashes announce they will miss July.

I think AC13 team has already done so. They have already mentioned they have yet to submit the game to all the platform holders and on their "official" AC13 forum this what they mentioned yesterday regarding a query about release date...

Ashes Cricket 2013 said:
We haven't got an exact date of release just yet, we'll update you on this as soon as we can.

Link...
When's the game due to come out - Questions and Answers - The Official Ashes Cricket 2013 Forum

It's pretty clear they will be lucky to release the game in August and it's looking more than likely the game will actually come out around the Australian leg of the Ashes series.

Yeah thanks, it helps a lot, I think I read this morning that it'll be released in Australia, but people in the UK can play it due to the lack of regional locking or something like that, so I was wondering what will actually happen. I'm guessing the game will be released on Xbox and PS3? October isn't too far away, so I'm not that bothered about no official release date. Thanks anyway.
Australia is the same region as the UK anyway, so regardless it will work on all consoles - but there's no way you won't get a UK release. Perhaps the date might be slightly different, but I'd say the only reason it isn't 'confirmed' is trying to avoid retailers taking pre-orders for the game.

I think AC13 team has already done so.
They are still officially 'July' on their press information.

Australia is the same region as the UK anyway, so regardless it will work on all consoles - but there's no way you won't get a UK release. Perhaps the date might be slightly different, but I'd say the only reason it isn't 'confirmed' is trying to avoid retailers taking pre-orders for the game.

Oh right, I had no idea that Australia and UK were the same region, I'm really looking forward to this game when I heard about it this morning, been waiting since EA Cricket 07 for a good, quality cricket game, especially seeing as Codemasters seem to have no idea what a career mode is.

Don't think AC13 team/505 Games will make any official announcement other than to confirm the actual release date. All the bad news or game development progress will be provided by Mike Fegan in his weekly podcasts.

----------

Oh right, I had no idea that Australia and UK were the same region, I'm really looking forward to this game when I heard about it this morning, been waiting since EA Cricket 07 for a good, quality cricket game, especially seeing as Codemasters seem to have no idea what a career mode is.

I think you may want to check up on the region type and game code for your PS3 game. The PS3 games are region free but DLCs and patches are not. You will be in trouble if you try to apply patches and DLCs to the games if you got them from a different region.

Here are the PS3 game Regions (mentioned on front or side of the game cover)...

Region 1- USA, Canada
Region 2- UK and European Countries, Jap falls under here apparently
Region 3- Asian countries- I would say HK mostly cos asian region games are distributed from
Region 4- AUS, NZ..

And here are the PS3 game codes (e.g., BLES XXXXX which is mentioned on the fron or side of the game cover)...

First letter: indicates the storage format. Can be either "B" for Blu-Ray or "S" for DVD.
Second letter: indicates if it is a first party game (Sony) or third party game (exclusive or not). Letter "C" for first party and letter "L" for third party.
Third letter: indicates the region. "A" = Asia, "J" = Japan, "U" = United States and "E" = Europe.
Fourth letter: indicates the type of content. "D" = Demo, "S" = Game.

I think the problem happens if the game codes are different for UK and Australian ones. The code for UK PS3 game would most likely be "BLES XXXX" and as long as the game code remains the same for Australian games, you should be fine. But if the game code is different for Australia, say "BLAS YYYY", the DLCs and patches won't work. Reason for the same is that internally the game is installed in a folder/directory with the game code ("BLES XXXX") and if you are in a different region the patch will automatically be downloaded and installed in a different location ("BLAS YYYY"). One way to avoid the issue would be to download the DLC & patch from the same region where the game is from.

In nutshell, check the game codes for UK and Australian games and if they are the same, you are good else tread with caution and buy the game in your region.

P.S. - Not all Europe and Australian games have the same game codes and you may run into the DLC & patch issue...
http://community.eu.playstation.com...Cover-Spine-Codes-BLES-BLAS-etc/td-p/12196925

Last edited:
From what I've read it's very rare for Australian/UK releases to get different numbers and have incompatible DLC. But if there was theoretically no UK release, you wouldn't get the DLC on the UK store anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Still, when you're the cricket game that's not relying on DLC for basic features, it shouldn't matter.

Don't think AC13 team/505 Games will make any official announcement other than to confirm the actual release date. All the bad news or game development progress will be provided by Mike Fegan in his weekly podcasts.

----------

P.S. - Not all Europe and Australian games have the same game codes and you may run into the DLC & patch issue...
PS3 Game Cover Spine Codes (BLES, BLAS etc) - PlayStation Forum

I've just checked one of my PS3 games, International Cricket 2010, the code on the disc is BLES-00921. Are Australian games the same?

I've just checked one of my PS3 games, International Cricket 2010, the code on the disc is BLES-00921. Are Australian games the same?

Pretty sure I saw a heap of the English version of the game in second hand video game stores in Aus. Many people were excited, ordered it online since it came out much later in Australia, then traded it in for peanuts.

Can't recall if there were PS3 versions specifically but probably. It had that pretty boy Stuart Broad on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread