Post your questions about the game here!

Don't think AC13 team/505 Games will make any official announcement other than to confirm the actual release date. All the bad news or game development progress will be provided by Mike Fegan in his weekly podcasts.

----------

I think you may want to check up on the region type and game code for your PS3 game. The PS3 games are region free but DLCs and patches are not. You will be in trouble if you try to apply patches and DLCs to the games if you got them from a different region.

Here are the PS3 game Regions (mentioned on front or side of the game cover)...

Region 1- USA, Canada
Region 2- UK and European Countries, Jap falls under here apparently
Region 3- Asian countries- I would say HK mostly cos asian region games are distributed from
Region 4- AUS, NZ..

And here are the PS3 game codes (e.g., BLES XXXXX which is mentioned on the fron or side of the game cover)...

First letter: indicates the storage format. Can be either "B" for Blu-Ray or "S" for DVD.
Second letter: indicates if it is a first party game (Sony) or third party game (exclusive or not). Letter "C" for first party and letter "L" for third party.
Third letter: indicates the region. "A" = Asia, "J" = Japan, "U" = United States and "E" = Europe.
Fourth letter: indicates the type of content. "D" = Demo, "S" = Game.

I think the problem happens if the game codes are different for UK and Australian ones. The code for UK PS3 game would most likely be "BLES XXXX" and as long as the game code remains the same for Australian games, you should be fine. But if the game code is different for Australia, say "BLAS YYYY", the DLCs and patches won't work. Reason for the same is that internally the game is installed in a folder/directory with the game code ("BLES XXXX") and if you are in a different region the patch will automatically be downloaded and installed in a different location ("BLAS YYYY"). One way to avoid the issue would be to download the DLC & patch from the same region where the game is from.

In nutshell, check the game codes for UK and Australian games and if they are the same, you are good else tread with caution and buy the game in your region.

P.S. - Not all Europe and Australian games have the same game codes and you may run into the DLC & patch issue...
PS3 Game Cover Spine Codes (BLES, BLAS etc) - PlayStation Forum

S= Game?! Yeah, that seems right.

Pretty sure I saw a heap of the English version of the game in second hand video game stores in Aus. Many people were excited, ordered it online since it came out much later in Australia, then traded it in for peanuts.

Can't recall if there were PS3 versions specifically but probably. It had that pretty boy Stuart Broad on the cover.

Yeah I think Ponting was on the cover for the Australian version, I could be wrong, and Broad was on the cover in the UK, I just hope that with this game being released in Australia first, that it will then be released in the UK or playable in the UK.

When will Mike be discussing the bowling controls? Is that today and tomorrow or just tomorrow?

Can't wait for this game!!!!!!!!!!

Ross give us something!!! Anything!!! :D

From what I've read it's very rare for Australian/UK releases to get different numbers and have incompatible DLC. But if there was theoretically no UK release, you wouldn't get the DLC on the UK store anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Still, when you're the cricket game that's not relying on DLC for basic features, it shouldn't matter.

For folks in Aus, Eng and possibly sub-continent it shouldn't matter that much, unless there are different game versions/codes, but for folks in North America, it's something that can't be ignored or avoided :(

I have already created a UK psn account along with a new psn id for playing BAC14 and AC13 as there will be DLCs & patches and I will need access to UK psn store.

For folks in Aus, Eng and possibly sub-continent it shouldn't matter that much, unless there are different game versions/codes, but for folks in North America, it's something that can't be ignored or avoided :(

That's good to know, I rarely use the online features on any game anyway, so I don't think I'd have many problems. Looking forward to it though.

The NTSC (US/SCEA) / PAL (UK/SCEE) divide is the biggest issue.

We will work our best to unify things with regard to patches / DLC and players across continents. I will let you know how it goes, it's not a technical issue, it's territorial platform agreements.

The NTSC (US/SCEA) / PAL (UK/SCEE) divide is the biggest issue.

We will work our best to unify things with regard to patches / DLC and players across continents. I will let you know how it goes, it's not a technical issue, it's territorial platform agreements.

The most pragmatic option is for folks to have a UK based psn account and import the game over from UK.

Safest option, agreed.

I'm guessing the release date will be later for the UK? Can we still order it from Australia when it's released over there?

I'm guessing the release date will be later for the UK? Can we still order it from Australia when it's released over there?

I would be very surprised if the game is not released in Aus & UK at the same time. UK is the biggest cricket video game market and should have the game released at the same time as Aus.

a question for ross Hi Zaheer, there will not be a 6 distance meter. for ashes cricket 2013 twitter do you have this in your game.

Just incase someone found that qs confusing (I did when I read it the first few times :P), he is asking if Cricket 14 will show the distance for a 'Six'.

ross release something man, we are waiting for years to play an "atleast 50%" good cricket game

ross release something man, we are waiting for years to play an "atleast 50%" good cricket game

Specially with an awesome Ashes series going on!! Pleeeeaseeeeeeeee Ross!!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I am willing to join your qa department in India also!

Users who are viewing this thread