Post your questions about the game here!

What kind of timescales are we looking at to hear about what the release date?

I am not sure we are getting the release date tomorrow but the release date will not be pushed back due to delay in announcement of the same. We are still looking at a september release.

Ross, when are you planning to reveal Online MP related features?? There are a lot of questions I wanna ask regarding that:

a) Is there multiplayer co-op. If yes, How many Players can play a match together?
b) If there is co-op, is someone appointed as a captain to take all the decisions.
c) Can we choose to be the wicketkeeper
d) What level of difficulty will online be fixed at
e) Are our conversation on the mic audible to the opponent players as well or only our team <qs valid if co-op available>?
f) Is there a team/club system for online matches (like clubs in Fifa....or Clans in shooter games)? <again...qs valid if Co-op available>
f) Can a human player join or leave in the middle of the match? Will the match continue if someone gets disconnected? Also, in this case, does the AI take over for the player disconnected? <again...qs valid if Co-op available>

Normally I start my Friday with a crack of a beer to start the weekend! Now it's Ross's BA Updates that starts my Friday of with the best start!!

Come on!!! How bout a release date with that new video :cheers

Hi Ross,

A small question. What is the thing that YOU are most proud of in DB Cricket 14? (Apart from the title name, Don Bradman and Cricket Academy, of course). E.g., the trailer, the batting controls, the bowling controls, fielding, commentary, edges, etc. (Feel free to explain it in a bit detail) ;)

We have given you so many feedbacks about what we liked, I guess it is time to ask what did you like the most? :)

No diplomatic answer plz :p

I know you've asked this of Ross, but I hope you don't mind me answering this.

The Control system is certainly up there - Batting and Bowling just feel "right", if you know what i mean.

However, it's Edges and the Appeal System that probably stand out, getting what you feel is a faint edge as a bowler and screaming HOWZAT, only to see the umpire turn you down is great, and then only surpassed when you Challenge it and you're shown that there was indeed a nick on the outside edge. Very satisfying to see the umpire cross his arms on his chest and then raise his finger :yes

To see that all flow together is certainly something i'm proud of.

getting what you feel is a faint edge as a bowler and screaming HOWZAT, only to see the umpire turn you down is great, and then only surpassed when you Challenge it and you're shown that there was indeed a nick on the outside edge. Very satisfying to see the umpire cross his arms on his chest and then raise his finger :yes

I bet nothing can beat that feeling :) Seriously cannot wait to use the BARS!

I know you've asked this of Ross, but I hope you don't mind me answering this.

The Control system is certainly up there - Batting and Bowling just feel "right", if you know what i mean.

However, it's Edges and the Appeal System that probably stand out, getting what you feel is a faint edge as a bowler and screaming HOWZAT, only to see the umpire turn you down is great, and then only surpassed when you Challenge it and you're shown that there was indeed a nick on the outside edge. Very satisfying to see the umpire cross his arms on his chest and then raise his finger :yes

To see that all flow together is certainly something i'm proud of.

Do AI refer decisions made against them? Would love to see an umpire give it out, the AI reviews and is overturned!

Some cool ideas

Hey Ross, I was wondering/thinking that it'd be really cool if you had some stats like a batsmen's favourite shot and a bowlers favourite type of dismissal? Will these types of stats be incorporated? thanks :thumbs

Also how easy will the game be to mod? In cricket 2005 we were able to mod the in-game overlay to some extent but not complete control how will editing stuff like stumps, pitchads, turf, scorecards etc be? ty again!

Can you fool BARS into not giving you out by the careful application of tape to the side of your bat? Not that anyone would do that... :spy

Can you fool BARS into not giving you out by the careful application of tape to the side of your bat? Not that anyone would do that... :spy

Some of the Aussies tried it after hearing tape might work but the give away was the BASF casettes tied to the bat......

......Shane Watson declined to do it as he is easily able to show he cant hit the ball without cheating......

Do AI refer decisions made against them? Would love to see an umpire give it out, the AI reviews and is overturned!

Yep, i've had a few good ones when I've been England against Australia - they are almost as bad at picking the right time to challenge as the real team :-)

But i've lost out as well.

Can you fool BARS into not giving you out by the careful application of tape to the side of your bat? Not that anyone would do that...
Well obviously this game doesn't have hotspot.

The other Mike said, "We went with Hawkeye as this seems to be the most reliable technology around these days" (because obviously if they programmed Hotspot it would be unreliable) - so because we know they are equal on features, Big Ant must not have Hotspot despite the screenshots.

Users who are viewing this thread