Post your questions about the game here!

Iam a new member please dont attack me because Iam scared of you seniors..

Welcome.....nice of you to come....I was just oiling my chainsaw..........

So what do you think of Big Ants game?

Mmmmm.....must of scared him off.....

Last edited by a moderator:
not to start the comet talk again but I had seen the video 3 times and didn't notice it until I saw people moaning about it on here...

guess I better prepare for some long days in the field if it's a batting aid.:facepalm

not to start the comet talk again but I had seen the video 3 times and didn't notice it until I saw people moaning about it on here...

guess I better prepare for some long days in the field if it's a batting aid.:facepalm

But with fielding being totally under our control as well it cold be lots of fun and skill involved; I am sure they have relay throws, sliding on the boundary, scrambling stops etcetera..........will be great to able to hone in on those skills. For the first time ever someone who is good at fielding might be a force to be reckoned with in online games.......

i'm really looking forward to it actually. I rarely did manual fielding in other games but this one looks like it's worth it.

looking forward to late October (my speculated date!) to get my hands on this.

i'm really looking forward to it actually. I rarely did manual fielding in other games but this one looks like it's worth it.

looking forward to late October (my speculated date!) to get my hands on this.

Yeah manual fielding in previous games has generally just been about running in the right direction. I never found this really do-able in previous games. I am sure they have gone into great detail with this one. Not letting fielding just be a sideshow or a stepchild to batting and bowling but an active, integral part of the game.

^^ speaking of which, i hated running towards the ball in the previous games. Due to camera angle, i never wasnt sure whether i am running towards the ball or running in the right direction to intercept it.

Would be interesting to see whether they made that automatic or not. But i know for sure the filerders can also jog, run and sprint towards the ball. Remmeber ross saying so.

Not sure if this has been asked, but versus the computer will certain bowlers taunt/sledge more than others if at all? Like Steyn, Nel type bowlers

For fielding, judging based on what they have discussed for bowling and batting, I reckon they'll likely have a camera positioned behind the fielder. That would make it easier to run towards the ball.

Semi-automatic fielding probably is manual + auto running to the ball.

Would be awesome if we could sledge in this game, especially in multiplayer online. Taunt opponents and all. :D

You can taunt, a subtle non-verbal gesticulations, this worked well in other sports games we've made and is used more for online/multiplayer between friends than anything else. It is risk reward, if you taunt you have to "walk the talk".

You can taunt, a subtle non-verbal gesticulations, this worked well in other sports games we've made and is used more for online/multiplayer between friends than anything else. It is risk reward, if you taunt you have to "walk the talk".

I'll prefer to play like I do in real life, where I talk ---- constantly (quite effectively, I might add) but am not a very good player.

I'll prefer to play like I do in real life, where I talk ---- constantly (quite effectively, I might add) but am not a very good player.

Ross once mentioned in the forum that in the game - should you decide to do that (sledge when you aren't going to level that with your performance) - the opponent will consider you a joke and will treat you the same way :p

Ross once mentioned in the forum that in the game - should you decide to do that (sledge when you aren't going to level that with your performance) - the opponent will consider you a joke and will treat you the same way :p

That's normally what happens in real life so I look forward to the realism!

That's normally what happens in real life so I look forward to the realism!

True! When I read that, I let go a faint smile in appreciation of what BA did for this cricket game and gamers. Magnificent should be the word for them to be this attentive to such minor details! :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread