Post your questions about the game here!

Why are people so afraid of change all the time? How is something going to evolve to something better without change? I for one is glad game developers dont always listen to the fans. If they did barely anything will change and then those same fans will cry about the game being the same as last year

Regarding comet ross has already told that if majority of fans dislike it after playing the game then they will include the option of turning it off in a patch or dlc, and regarding ball marker i think its a game killer as you already know what shot you gonna play. Don't worry table top cricket will feature ball marker.

I think the comet trail is sufficiently thin and short and isn't at all like those in some of the arcade games....The option (if any at all) should be to change the brightness and length just enough to assist..

Hell I even watched a good movie with a black bar throughout the film and didn't even notice it till a friend pointed me out....Compared to that a comet trail in a brilliant game is nothing that you can't get used to..:cheers

----------

Haven't you played Cricket Revolution?

I haven't....The comet is hardly noticeable in the video released this friday..
It doesn't look like a meteor going to hit the earth....

Don't you have a sense that if Ross says it is important aspect of the game then he must have reviewed it's usefulness thoroughly before making it an integral part of the game..:facepalm

There is a game coming out for likes of Sureshy. It has got markers and much more.

see i said that as an option like in game settings->do u want comet?,do u want marker?.I really like the game with comet but some one who wants to play the game with marker would like it.it is not you or me who will play the game.also you can remove marker in case you don't need it.also at this point of time we cannot say which one(gameplay) is really better,we need to play it in order to judge.BigAnt comes first in terms of features but gameplay we can not say anything unless we play both the games.I am not supporting Ashes but i don't want to insult that game as they are putting lot of effort(as a software developer i know it). you can call me suresh.

Last edited:
I think that comet/marker discussion is totally invalid and futile at the moment. We can only 'speculate' about the gameplay effects and all, which will be totally stupid right now. We should not forget that BA team is the only one that has played this game over and over again. They have been reviewing things at different stages and were implementing all the necessary functions along the way.

More importantly, this is a team/studio/boss that actually knows about cricket, so we can trust them at the moment. So let's keep trusting them and refrain ourselves from making any judgement unless we play the game for at least the same amount of time as the BA team has played it. Only after that, we'll be able to comment on a feature and how it is affecting the gameplay.

I feel that comet before the batman plays the ball is meaning less as it is coming as tail.please put comet after that.I don't think it assists the batman that much.

Last edited:
I am ready to hear anyone that has genuine alternatives other than a disc on the ground or a long yellow line.

I trust you Ross. I was thinking if there was even the slightest of chances of picking up the ball like in real life you can include a Legendary mode with no assists whatsoever.

Also, does batting input take only one input or can we go front foot and then switch to backfoot or even the half step for spinners? Also can we start a shot and find the ball swinging and decide to leave the ball? Including pulling out of a hook and ducking at the last minute?

Last edited:
Why are people so afraid of change all the time? How is something going to evolve to something better without change? I for one is glad game developers dont always listen to the fans. If they did barely anything will change and then those same fans will cry about the game being the same as last year

A question for the ages. I remember there being an fb group whining about Sky Sports moving the score from the top corner to the bar at the bottom and demanding they put it back. Wtf? :facepalm

As regards to the 'comet', whilst I'm certainly not going to draw any conclusions without playing the game I am curious to know whether any aspect of it is indicative of where the ball is heading or how it will behave or if it is a literal tail in that is just shows where the ball has been. If the latter I'm not sure I understand how that would be an aid to batting.

I trust you Ross. I was thinking if there was even the slightest of chances of picking up the ball like in real life you can include a Legendary mode with no assists whatsoever.

Also, does batting input take only one input or can we go front foot and then switch to backfoot or even the half step for spinners? Also can we start a shot and find the ball swinging and decide to leave the ball? Including pulling out of a hook and ducking at the last minute?

This is something that I would like to know as well. For a game like DB and the complications and difficulties it has for the batsmen - unlike any other cricketing game - I think it is a damn essential!

Ross, please shed some light on this.

P.S: Don't worry. I don't think 'the other game' will be able to copy it :D

A question for the ages. I remember there being an fb group whining about Sky Sports moving the score from the top corner to the bar at the bottom and demanding they put it back. Wtf? :facepalm

As regards to the 'comet', whilst I'm certainly not going to draw any conclusions without playing the game I am curious to know whether any aspect of it is indicative of where the ball is heading or how it will behave or if it is a literal tail in that is just shows where the ball has been. If the latter I'm not sure I understand how that would be an aid to batting.

Not just that, it is a bit of having some common sense too. Why would any developer in their right mind add something like the comet that takes away the visual realism UNLESS they think this comet enhances the gameplay a lot??!!

We need something new to talk about. This is getting annoying now. Every 2 days some one new would come and brings up the same issue over and over again and we take the bait and keep repeating ourselves too.

Not just that, it is a bit of having some common sense too. Why would any developer in their right mind add something like the comet that takes away the visual realism UNLESS they think this comet enhances the gameplay a lot??!!

We need something new to talk about. This is getting annoying now. Every 2 days some one new would come and brings up the same issue over and over again and we take the bait and keep repeating ourselves too.

Excellent post. Excellent.

One thing I don't understand is why BigAntStudio wants to keep the release date a secret ? We all know it's this month or next month or in October at the most ... My guess on the release date is 20th of Sep.

Users who are viewing this thread