Post your questions about the game here!

But you can't get used to the new way if you use the old way.

It's not like Bradman 14 will be unplayable (even to school kids). There are I think 5 difficulty levels (I remember reading that somewhere).

Plus x amount of people have rigorously tested and played the game for many many hours.....and what do you know.....they CAN play it AND enjoy it!

Darn......where are my socks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus a marker would be stupid because you aim the ball as you release it. The. When you take things like swing and drift into account the marker would only show up as its hitting the pitch. Completely different to previous games

it is not wrong to have an option in game setting for marker(where you turn off it if u can play without it).yes i agree this is a revolutionary cricket game but again i doubt that what if we can not score than 100?

Ask the same question after three weeks of playing the game hour after hour then make a judgement call on it. Beforehand is pointless. We all just have to get used to the idea that this game is totally different from what we have seen before. We will need to really work hard to get anywhere.....great.

I am ready to hear anyone that has genuine alternatives other than a disc on the ground or a long yellow line.

20090418155508_jet%20trail.jpg

Ross...is the colour of the comet trail red only, or does it change based on the colour of the ball?

Also, if you do plan to provide an on/off button for the comet trail, if possible, could you provide a bit of flexibility there as well, I.e. option to turn on/off the comet trail for batting, bowling and fielding 'individually' during the match?

Plus a marker would be stupid because you aim the ball as you release it. The. When you take things like swing and drift into account the marker would only show up as its hitting the pitch. Completely different to previous games

regarding this one thing i can say one thing suppose you know the ball where it pitches but not aware of swing/spin(it may take edge when you are expecting a straight ball) then? .i want to see that(marker) as an option in game settings (i don't want it to be mandatory ).just think by removing marker(as an option) from the game will not make it real. After u used to play it without marker for some days u will not be satisfied(it will become easy).In next version(may be cricket 2015) we need to play with smaller ball for making it more real and difficult.

Last edited:
Okay my suggestion about comet :

Ross if it's not playable without comet then how about a yellowish / orange / white outer glow on the ball ? which is indeed optional :yes but turned on by default

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up this comet thing again, but my question is:

If we are batting as a less skilled player (eg: tailender/Chris Martin) will the comet be less prominent to represent an inferior ability to read line/length/swing etc, therefore making it harder to score runs with these players?

Thanks

----------

Umm, that's a jet stream

Ross,
Is the game devolopment is compltely finished from ur end(ready to ship)?.I am asking as u r telling that you will make comet as optional in patch rather in game that will be shipped.

Ross...is the colour of the comet trail red only, or does it change based on the colour of the ball?

Also, if you do plan to provide an on/off button for the comet trail, if possible, could you provide a bit of flexibility there as well, I.e. option to turn on/off the comet trail for batting, bowling and fielding 'individually' during the match?

I think that the colour of trail is always red and you can't turn it off.

regarding this one thing i can say one thing suppose you know the ball where it pitches but not aware of swing/spin(it may take edge when you are expecting a straight ball) then? .i want to see that(marker) as an option in game settings (i don't want it to be mandatory ).just think by removing marker(as an option) from the game will not make it real. After u used to play it without marker for some days u will not be satisfied(it will become easy).In next version(may be cricket 2015) we need to play with smaller ball for making it more real and difficult.

Whoa! Mate, you put it in the exact reverse way. 'Markers' are what ruin the gameplay in a Cricket game. BA have made a change, a change for good. And, I don't see them falling back on the pathetic marker based bowling ever in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread