Post your questions about the game here!

The whole point is as has been mentioned is that the comet has been put in as an aid to batting and fielding otherwise the game is too difficult because you cant pick the ball up. It aint there as a cosmetic or as a gimmick but as an aid so you can have the time to control things intuitively.

Will be interesting to note what people think about the comet AFTER they have played the game.....

Some people always have to resort to personal insults as they find ways to uphold their argument. Shame really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfff, that's your way of looking at things, not mine... With a good sense of perception and past experiences, one can easily judge certain flaws...

Did anyone ever tell you that you're too damn annoying?

Except this is a new experience...have you played a cricket game that was designed without a bowling marker before?

The whole point is as has been mentioned is that the comet has been put in as an aid to batting and fielding otherwise the game is to difficult because you cant pick the ball up. It aint there as an cosmetic or as a gimmick but as an aid so you can have the time to control things intuitively.

Will be interesting to note what people think about the comet AFTER they have played the game.....

That's a cliche, everyone knows that... It's perfectly fine to have this as a fielding aid but one should not be forced to play with it all the time and should have an option for turning it off during batting, like Ross first said that it was going to be present only during the bowling but that's not the case, is it?

Never said I don't need it, I thought it would be a good idea to have an option for turning it off so that those who find it annoying can just play without it. I wasn't voracious about what I said, I can always manage with certain annoying things. I was mainly speaking from the experience of trail in Cricket Revolution, damn it was extremely annoying...

I took this as strong:

There should be an option for turning it off. I am sure most people doesn't like it, including me.

Chances are we will patch in an option to turn it off as that is easy enough to do. We hadn't even thought to do it as you really don't see it as obtrusive while playing, indeed HBK who just joined us last week at BA thinks its a big innovation and loves it (as he posted).

Did anyone ever tell you that you're too damn annoying?

He might be annoying but hes right(probly why you think hes annoying)

This is one aspect you cant judge before you play it, cos theres been nothing even close to this before

Haven't you played Cricket Revolution?

pepcricketrev3.jpg

Apparently you haven't

That's a cliche, everyone knows that... It's perfectly fine to have this as a fielding aid but one should not be forced to play with it all the time and should have an option for turning it off during batting, like Ross first said that it was going to be present only during the bowling but that's not the case, is it?

Yes, I made the mistake that I thought I remember it not being there for batting. I made that mistake because the camera angle that I bat at minimises the trail as the ball is coming at me. This reinforces how small the issue is, I couldn't even remember the trail being there, I obviously use it without "seeing" it.

I am all for increasing difficulty but not where it is just making the stroke to be played guesswork. As posted the other day, there is a huge difference between a game designed with minimal HUD and a game designed with HUD but with the HUD turned off.

Hopefully we can move on because the only people that have played the game extensively are in the BA office and they are the only ones that can judge at this point.

Anyway, you're stuffed because Ashes 201X has everything we've go plus more so I expect they have got TWO comets!

I took this as strong:

Chances are we will patch in an option to turn it off as that is easy enough to do.

Thanks!, that'd be great. I'd love to experience the game with and without the trail... one can always play challenge matches with friends without trail, high difficulty level for both parties.

Haven't you played Cricket Revolution?
Cricket Revolution added it as a special effect on big shots - with a comically long tail through the sky - while the bowling still functioned with the placement of the circle. Most of the time you didn't get the trail.

Developers have a fine line between just giving an option of switching anything and everything off and having people pre-judge how they want to play, and forcing on new gameplay ideas and not giving an off button so people stick with it past the shock.

Big Ant are coming along and telling us all that we're doing it wrong - I think a lot of people will hate the game simply for being different to what they expect - a bowling marker and just pressing the stick in the direction you want to hit.

It takes a lot of conviction you've got it right to not just chuck that in as an option.

Thanks!, that'd be great. I'd love to experience the game with and without the trail... one can always play challenge matches with friends without trail, high difficulty level for both parties.

So if that had been your starting question you might have gotten your answer without having to insult people. But hey what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread