Post your questions about the game here!

Will I be able to transfer players I have created and downloaded from my PC cricket academy to my console ie. am I better off waiting to get the game on my console before worrying about creating and downloading players, tournaments etc.

Yes, you can create a player on Cricket Academy beta and then use him on PS3/XBOX, it is a shared system

Hello Ross why there is no animation for the crowds in the BARS gameplay video??

Ashes'09,umpire tosses the coin but its not in real cricket.A media stuff does that.It will be frustrating to see an umpire doing it in DBC'14
"The captains shall toss for the choice of innings, on the field of play and in the presence of one or both of the umpires", the law no. 12.4 on innings says clearly.
Who gives a toss?

Perhaps some captains are 'media stuff' but otherwise, both what AC09 did and what you think is right are wrong.

sounding like a dummy here- how would that work.... Sorry -Cricket tragic, computers not so much

"Woah Ducks"

Ah, those were the days..

Since I'm posting I may as well come up with a question.. um..

I'm really looking forward to manual fielding, assuming it's implemented well. Shane Warne cricket had a manual fielding option, but it was really hard to use. The main problem is that with automatic fielding, the instant someone hits the ball, the fielder starts off in the perfect direction to cut off the ball. With manual fielding, it took a second or two to figure out which fielder you're controlling, then another second or two to figure out which way to run.. half the time it was too late by then (for hard-hit shots).

I'm interested in what kind of approach you could use to get around that.

Run out 3rd umpire replays shouldnt be allowed to skip (we could easily skip to the descision in AC09 - which i didn't like}.... It takes away all the tension :p

Will everything be realistic?
e.g. Kits, player faces, bats , stadiums..etc etc

By realistic do you mean licensed? The game is unlicensed - no real players, kits or stadia. However, the community has been creating incredible players on the Cricket Academy for months now, so when the game is released you can replace the 'fake' players with the 'real' players.

It appears as though kits and bats will remain unlicensed but time will tell

^^

Yup even sometime a flying bird will be shot down by a shotgun but only sometimes in the ground sometimes out of the ground !

In the spirit of stupid ideas that won't be implemented how about mini-games of football and rugby for the warm-up so your best bowler can injure himself?

In the spirit of stupid ideas that won't be implemented how about mini-games of football and rugby for the warm-up so your best bowler can injure himself?

Is there a Glenn McGrath rolling his ankle on a cricket ball simulation?

Perhaps you can have a bunch of them randomly place on the ground and you have to run through them, dodging them.

Users who are viewing this thread