Post your questions about the game here!

Only 1gb for over 4000 players??? Really

I would think much less: it's just a series of numbers which call assets that are already stored on your disk/hard drive. You're not actually downloading "the player" themselves, just a set of instructions on what hair to use, what nose, etc etc.
Which means downloads should actually be pretty small.

Only 1gb for over 4000 players??? Really

You don't need to store the whole information to render a player model graphically... you only need to send the relevant info to the consoles so the players can be rendered.

Edit: Chief got there first... and Matt.

I would assume, but it would be nice to confirm, that the Cricket Academy wouldn't need an Xbox Live Gold account - just an internet connection.

It's usually just online mutliplayer that needs a Gold account, though I suppose there aren't really any games I can think of off the top of my head with anything similar to take an educated guess on.

Does anyone know if you need an account for FIFA/NBA/UFC? They all have similar features... Not sure if you can use them without going into the "online" section (which without a gold account is usually unavailable)...

You don't need Xbox live to download players just an Internet connection??? Does that mean I can just connect Xbox to wi-fi and bingo job done? Obviously I gave to wait for games release cos CA isn't downloadable onto Xbox, but if that's the case I'm proper shocked!!! Technically I'm as useful as a chocolate fire guard, but that makes things easier!! Thanks mattw.

Does anyone know if you need an account for FIFA/NBA/UFC? They all have similar features... Not sure if you can use them without going into the "online" section (which without a gold account is usually unavailable)...
Wouldn't all of those though fall into the zone of the stupid EA account divide on the Xbox? A non-EA game with similar sharing features would be the only real way of getting an idea outside an answer from Ross on that.

You don't need Xbox live to download players just an Internet connection??? Does that mean I can just connect Xbox to wi-fi and bingo job done? Obviously I gave to wait for games release cos CA isn't downloadable onto Xbox, but if that's the case I'm proper shocked!!! Technically I'm as useful as a chocolate fire guard, but that makes things easier!! Thanks mattw.
It isn't confirmed one way or another. It would certainly suck if Gold was required, but I'd suggest that would be out of Big Ant's hands, especially as the same server/content would be free to access on PS3 and PC.

You will need Xbox Live membership to download players or to connect to internet. Here's what I was able to find on the net about Xbox...

In order to download an add on for any game for your Xbox 360, you will have to have a way to get onto the internet. You will need an active Xbox Live subscription in order to do so.

Edit: But you should be able to download DLCs via Xbox Live free account. But if you want to play online you will need the Xbox Live Gold membership.

This should list the differences between Xbox Live Free and Gold subscriptions...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live

Last edited:
thanks.

and that's one more reason to stick to playstation in future...

Looks like DLCs are supported by Xbox Live free subscription but for playing online you will need the Gold subscription.

By the way PS4 will need a paid service for playing online. The main difference between XBox One and PS4 will be that you could use streaming/video services and apps via PS4 without the paid subscription but for XBox One you will need paid service for using video services & apps.

Edit: But you should be able to download DLCs via Xbox Live free account. But if you want to play online you will need the Xbox Live Gold membership.
That's the important distinction, you need an account to access online features, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need a Gold account which is the paid one.

It will depend on whether the Cricket Academy falls under addon content or an 'online' feature.

That's the important distinction, you need an account to access online features, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need a Gold account which is the paid one.

It will depend on whether the Cricket Academy falls under addon content or an 'online' feature.

Looks like it should be available as part of free subscription. I don't see Cricket Academy falling in any other category than "Downloadable content" or patches, which is supported by free subscription.

Edit: Checked out a couple of forums and looks like roster updates for sports games are available via Xbox Live silver/free subscription. As long as you don't play online you should be fine.

Last edited:
@blockerdave,
If you haven't purchased a console yet, or are planning to get one in the near future, go for PS3. You will find more opponents online plus we can get some good games online :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread