Post your questions about the game here!

Of course...but an alternative mode like the one suggested would take the focus away from improving skills/getting selected for the national side...and just allow you to use any player for any match/series/tour.

It could also be a real time saving mode for some people. Don't want to play the entire career - try this other mode. Or, don't want to play an exhibition match and use all 11 batsmen/5 bowlers - try this other mode.

Would definitely be cool to see on top of the already existing career mode.

Not a bad idea. Sort of a "Individual Player Mode" where you can try and re-enact famous tour performances, i.e. play as Bradman in the Bodyline series, or be Mike Gatting and try not to get a part of your nose embedded in a cricket ball while touring WI :yes

Need to pester Ross to add this mode as a DLC or a patch if it's not in there already :)

I did mean not in career mode. So has it been confirmed that you cannot?

But it does seem like Ross understood the question

No reason why you couldn't just select the matchup you want, play as the player you want and force the times you don't want to control the other players of the team by simulating.

Of course...but an alternative mode like the one suggested would take the focus away from improving skills/getting selected for the national side...and just allow you to use any player for any match/series/tour.

It could also be a real time saving mode for some people. Don't want to play the entire career - try this other mode. Or, don't want to play an exhibition match and use all 11 batsmen/5 bowlers - try this other mode.

Would definitely be cool to see on top of the already existing career mode.

Personally dont think it would be used much in this game. I mean, its a nice to have feature, but something that would not be used much. Why would I get into a match and use only one player, specially when there are no rewards (XP, skills etc) involved?? Just my own preference though.

Ross can you answer this question , please.
If I dont fulfill your standards of PR , then no problem :)

Same bowling actions for fast bowlers and same for spin.

Remembering Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005 and the Murali and Malinga actions...

Also remembering they used bowling markers in those games. I'd much rather them focus on innovating the core mechanics of the gameplay, but thats just me

Wasn't it told we'd have different bowling actions???

They're different in the sense that changes to the bowling input result in slight variations, as happens in real life, but in essence there is only one base bowling action for each type.

It's a good one though, so I wouldn't worry.

Wasn't it told we'd have different bowling actions???

Also, offspinner and leg spinner have a different action, so its not the same action for all spinners!

I think we can round it off to 3 basic actions...one for pace bowlers, one for leg spinner and one for off spinner (based on what we have seen). Then there are minor variations to these actions based on user input.

Cricket games in the past traditionally have had a different action for the medium paced bowler.

Cricket games in the past traditionally have had a different action for the medium paced bowler.

Yeah...and I thought we might have one in this game as well, but the videos we have seen suggest its the same for all pace bowlers (we haven really seen a slow medium bowler though....so it still might be there).

In the game what kinda ratio do we have for modes of dismissal? It would be really great if it simulated real life, wherein a decent amount of wickets in first class matches are nicks whereas in limited overs games they are more caught etc. My main worry is that it will be hard to get edges, and not too many wickets will be caught behind.

In the game what kinda ratio do we have for modes of dismissal? It would be really great if it simulated real life, wherein a decent amount of wickets in first class matches are nicks whereas in limited overs games they are more caught etc. My main worry is that it will be hard to get edges, and not too many wickets will be caught behind.

From what I've read, the swing and seam movement can be very very subtle, meaning you can get even the faintest of edges, hence the emphases on including BARS and the vibration function I suppose. You can get nicks faint enough that even you're not quite sure if you got it or not, and might have to watch multiple replays to try and figure it out. Seems well thought out to me. Here's the relevant quote.

39) There is a full physics system for the bat/ball, it will change it's line but that might be really slight for small edges. You will always get noise from an edge, very small and slight but with noise from the crowd, foot movement, etc.. it could just be in your head too, just like the real thing where you swear it was an edge

40) The control vibrates if there is a nick (if you are playing as the batsman). The idea is that the batsman knows if he snicked it or not - we don't want the fielding side to absolutely know. Afterwards the replays will clearly show what happened. not all edges are in the window when you get a vibration and can decide to walk rather than wait for the appeal

I completely forgot about that explanation. Still gotta wonder about the modes of dismissals, and how often nicks occur...

Users who are viewing this thread