Post your questions about the game here!

so now you are saying that the batting as whole should be made less difficult, and water down the most hardcore option there is ?.. its definitely there for the longevity of the game, you will be playing that level after mastering other difficulties surely.

i just said one person as example im sure there are many who would be playing now or later once they have mastered , are you saying this game cant be mastered at all?

I'm saying that if people who've had it about a month are finding pro a challenge at the moment and have played 4+ seasons in career I can't see them personally improving much past this point (their player may). Maybe enough to move up one difficulty level sure, but two I see unlikely.

I'm not saying each difficulty level should be dropped by one necessarily in terms of difficulty, just a small amount.

This is my point and you've just more or less confirmed what I'm trying to say. There's no point trying to play legend at the moment and therefore what's the point in it being there. By making all batting easier in general to balance the bowling you have legend available for those who are seriously good of the game/have put a lot of effort into practicing it.

in a nutshell, you have summed up why it is literally a waste of time having a discussion with you... if you can't play the hardest level it shouldn't be there??? oh, do fish off. fish right off.

the hardest level is to aspire to, or for people who are very good at the game. just because you want to act the big man and play legend and score 100 after 100 and can't, wah wah wah...

you're not very good... play an easier level and improve. don't try and remove the level or have it all made easier just so you can talk the talk when you far from walking the walk you're barely crawling.

the game has been out a month - if i was already proficient on legend i'd consider that a huge minus.

----------

so now you are saying that the batting as whole should be made less difficult, and water down the most hardcore option there is ?.. its definitely there for the longevity of the game, you will be playing that level after mastering other difficulties surely.

i just said one person as example im sure there are many who would be playing now or later once they have mastered , are you saying this game cant be mastered at all?

what he's saying is "can you call it legend but make it rookie, then i'll look well hard".

With what I'm saying :

Pro : For those who want to sit down occasionally and play the game without having to wait quite a while in their career before becoming a decent player.

Veteran : The Majority of us on this forum, those who enjoy playing fairly regularly and want a decent challenge to play.

Legend : Those who excel at the game, generally after a fair time of playing it.

With what you say :

Amateur : For those who want to sit down occasionally and play the game without having to wait quite a while in their career before becoming a decent player.

Pro : The Majority of us on this forum, those who enjoy playing fairly regularly and want a decent challenge to play.

Veteran : Those who excel at the game, generally after a fair time of playing it.

Legend : The abnormal people/Basically no one.

We're more or less arguing the same point here Dave... Don't attempt to make out I have a big ego because again, this is all simply a different opinion from your view. I'm happy playing on pro personally at the moment.

i'll take the option that gives me more levels to grow into, thanks very much.

i don't cry that i have two more levels to improve to... i call that a plus.

I give up, if you don't have the maturity to recognise others may have a different opinion or view point than yours even if you're adamant your view point is correct but still decide to attempt to insult them I think we should end this conversation here. I'm sure you'll agree with some smart ass comment.

i'll agree that it's well past due this conversation ended, and that it's entirely in keeping with the levels of reading comprehension you've shown throughout that you threw your toys out the pram after the one post where i didn't attempt to insult you.

after the one post where i didn't attempt to insult you.

Is that suggesting you insulted me in every other post? Fair enough, if that's your opinion of someone throwing their toys out the pram you obviously have limited experiences of it.

Last edited:
Ok this discussion has no further useful value. Let's move on now

Just to prove a point, I've played on Legend difficulty for about 90% of my time playing DBC'14. If it was removed or changed in any way shape or form, I'd be bitterly upset (maybe make bowling a touch harder, or at least the AI less likely to throw their wicket away to a bad shot to a close fielder).

I personally think the skill levels are spot on, maybe in future versions, the ability to start a career on amateur could be implemented, if you start in the county 2nds for instance. I am playing my first career as a leg spinner, No 10 bat, and although the bowling may be a tad easy, I think the batting is spot on, I've made a 50, after 3-4 games with a very low skill set, and I'm sure as my skills go up, so will my average.

No one should EVER complain that a cricket game is too hard.

Complaining that one discipline is significantly easier than another, however, is legitimate.

What would be good would be the ability to choose separate difficulties for batting and bowling.

How do you bowl bouncers in this game? For ps3, I use circle to choose the delivery length to be short, then I release the RAS very late but still keeping it in the green zone but still no bouncer. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone tell me how to bowl bouncers please? Thanks. :thumbs

How do you bowl bouncers in this game? For ps3, I use circle to choose the delivery length to be short, then I release the RAS very late but still keeping it in the green zone but still no bouncer. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone tell me how to bowl bouncers please? Thanks. :thumbs

Pitch hardness (soft or hard) and bowler fatigue has big effects on this ability. A fresh Mitch Johnson on a hard pitch will have balls breaking heads all over the place (even though that batsman don't feel anything)

Pitch hardness (soft or hard)

This! Go casual match, grab Australia Current, set the pitch up to be nice and hard and give a short ball a shot. Don't go for late release with a short pitched delivery, just go ideal timing.. that'll give you as much pace as possible and still have enough bounce to get it in the head/neck region.

Then follow up with a quick yorker and almost be guaranteed a wicket (happened for me!).

Users who are viewing this thread