Post your questions about the game here!

Is there any good reason (for the AI) why it *shouldn't* be pre-determined? (Apart from the batsman moving in the crease, which may change the bowler's mind near the end of the run up)?

No, I agree, I think being able to see the line and length indicator earlier when playing the AI would be perfect.

Online and head to head matches this wouldnt be possible though

There are a few issues with this game that are related to the issue some of us are discussing.

1. Batting is much harder than bowling
2. The jump from amateur to pro is too extreme
3. Career mode is locked for the many people who find pro too hard.

I dont see how any rational human being can argue with any of that, its simply facts.

haven't seen anyone argue with that at all... fully agree with each of those points.

also your solutions:

1. The AI needs to be improved to make it more capable of dealing with human bowling. Less stupid shots/suicidal runs for a start. Also super human fielding needs to be toned down. The bowler is unbeatable, the silly mid positions are walls and the outfielders can cover ground faster than usain bolt with a cape.

2. They need to rework the levels. I cant believe there is anyone who actually plays on novice level. Amateur is so easy that it has to be low enough for the starter level surely. Assuming they can fix the things in point 1 then make the difficulties.

Amateur -- same as it is, but its now the lowest level

Journeyman -- Bowling pretty much the same as pro is now, perhaps slightly larger green zones. --Batting has Lateral movement assist and slightly larger ideal timing zone than pro now. Also add the late/early/ideal timing feedback in game.

Pro and beyond the same as currently but benefiting from the fixes.

3. Make all levels available in career. Why is this not already a thing? What is the problem, is it the leaderboard issue? Never looked at that and never will. But for those that want to have their ego stroked then specify the level next to the score, or dont include stats from anything below pro

are also very good. personally i would also add that as well as levels, there should be a separation of leaderboards based on role. you will always skill up quicker on bowling, even if they improve the AI batting.

there is a world of difference between your proposals, and Sam's view of "it's too hard, make it all easier"... i was attacking both that view, and his inability to distinguish the difference between making additional levels available in career, and just making the existing career levels easier, and the ridiculous view that because he can't play legend a month after getting the game, the level shouldn't exist.

No, I agree, I think being able to see the line and length indicator earlier when playing the AI would be perfect.

Online and head to head matches this wouldnt be possible though

I suspect the VAST percentage of matches are human vs AI. It would go a long way to helping people who are struggling (or just feel like the fun is being taken out because they're having to guess/premeditate). And for those who aren't/aren't, they could turn it off.

I love the idea of a "tell" for each player, so some combination of bowler vs batsman stats determines how much tell there is on each ball. Whole other dimension which really makes you think about each one-ball battle in a completely fresh way.

I suspect the VAST percentage of matches are human vs AI. It would go a long way to helping people who are struggling (or just feel like the fun is being taken out because they're having to guess/premeditate). And for those who aren't/aren't, they could turn it off.

I love the idea of a "tell" for each player, so some combination of bowler vs batsman stats determines how much tell there is on each ball. Whole other dimension which really makes you think about each one-ball battle in a completely fresh way.

Even in a human vs human situation the fractionally earlier length indication around the hand could still work. People choose either one of three lengths and this should be locked off by the initial down movement of the right stick.

At that point the colour of length could be displayed around the hand. This would tell the second player quite late in the run in (but earlier than now) what foot to go onto.

As an option which could go on or off, it'd go a long way to getting people away from premeditation quite quickly.

Even in a human vs human situation the fractionally earlier length indication around the hand could still work. People choose either one of three lengths and this should be locked off by the initial down movement of the right stick.

At that point the colour of length could be displayed around the hand. This would tell the second player quite late in the run in (but earlier than now) what foot to go onto.

As an option which could go on or off, it'd go a long way to getting people away from premeditation quite quickly.

Yeah. It's a shame: for me the mechanic should be the other way round (grip on run up, line and length on release) and then it would work like real life: you might pick the movement early (watching the grip) and only have to worry about the line and length during the delivery itself. And I think that would work for human vs human as well.

Does anyone know when playing a test match after a days play when then next day starts does your bowlers fatigue go down ir does it stay the same as it was the previous day thanks :)

Anyone noticing any visual changes to pitch conditions in 4/5 day games (Career mode mainly)

In the few I have played the pitch looks the same on day 4/5 as it did on day 1

I need to test more , but would like to see more pitch degradation and ball behaving accordingly to the pitch condition

or maybe I need to open my eyes more - I don't know :p

Any idea on the limit of custom teams you can have? I got to a point that I couldn't download anymore.

Yup the best way to implement the tell would be to do it according to the player stats and their form.
That way individuality will be best represented, just re-quoting incase @Ross missed this.

The TELL should be visible depending on the skills n Attributes, so that a good player gets the TELL and is able to judge length early(before ball is released as Full, Good or SHORT) than
other.Also this need not be 100% accurate and can vary at times.

This will also add to the realism of the game and not disturb it, as you will feel what it is to judge the ball as lara or srt or as zaheer khan, instead of myself picking the length for all the eleven players, hope im making sense.

A gamer has only one set of eyes so he will pick the ball same for SRT as well as mitchell johnson, if this Length tell is implemented it will add individuality to the players, also help a lot for batting in career mode and strive people to work for the skills even more to attain this tell.This will add as the feature of being able to tell the ball of the hand instead of OFF the pitch.

This will give people a feel of playing as ponting or kallis instead of Kallis or Ponting playing like them. @Ross @BigAntStudios would like to hear your thoughts on this......

----------

Last edited:
Im confused please help.

Ok before i bowl the left analogue stick is not responding when i press it or move it to select the angle/or type of ball when spinners are being used.
Is this an issue with the xbox controller or the game,or am i doing something wrong?:mad

Practice mode tutorial available in matches would allow this. I've used that to improve my batting by actually playing the correct shot to the ball.

I mention again has anyone actually tried the batting tutorial in Match Practice? The ball slows down just before you hit it.

One thin that would help would be a timing meter of some sort which are optional in the matches, or at the very least made available in 'Match Practice'. I want to get some sort of feedback when I'm facing the bowling in real-time, and without the slowed down delivery.

Anyone noticing any visual changes to pitch conditions in 4/5 day games (Career mode mainly)

In the few I have played the pitch looks the same on day 4/5 as it did on day 1

I need to test more , but would like to see more pitch degradation and ball behaving accordingly to the pitch condition

or maybe I need to open my eyes more - I don't know :p

Have you turned on the option for pitch wear when you set up the match (accessible by pressing Square for match options)? I can definitely see the pitch deteriorate visually but haven't seen any gameplay related impact. I don't see more spin/turn or variable bounce and the pitch plays more or less the same throughout.

----------

Ok before i bowl the left analogue stick is not responding when i press it or move it to select the angle/or type of ball when spinners are being used.
Is this an issue with the xbox controller or the game,or am i doing something wrong?:mad

You can't select angle for the spinners. They can't go wide or close to the crease but you should be able to choose the type of delivery (leg spinner, googly, slider etc.)

One thin that would help would be a timing meter of some sort which are optional in the matches, or at the very least made available in 'Match Practice'. I want to get some sort of feedback when I'm facing the bowling in real-time, and without the slowed down delivery.

Problem with that is you can still time it perfect but wrong foot placement still nick it :) so many variables goes into batting it would b hard to implement an aid i would of thought

Users who are viewing this thread