Post your questions about the game here!

Problem with that is you can still time it perfect but wrong foot placement still nick it :) so many variables goes into batting it would b hard to implement an aid i would of thought

But in that case you would know it was not the timing which was the issue. There are so many things that can go wrong that we need some sort of feedback mechanism to help with the timing at least. To this day I'm not sure when I hit the ball down fine leg's throat whether I played the shot early or too late.

Have anyone noticed that the Umpires Call (LBW) decisions are always going in favour of AI batsmen and always going against the career player.

1. I was given LBW and when I reviewed, the ball was pitched outside off and the impact was made outside off the ball was just clipping the bails, It was given as umpires call and the decision was not taken back

2. I was given LBW and in review showed that the ball was pitched outside leg stump impact was made in line and the ball touching the outer past of off stump and was given out as umpires call

3. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed. When I reviewed, the ball was pitched in line and the impact was made in line and the ball was hitting outer part of the leg stump (given as umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

4. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed, when I reviewed the ball was pitched in line and the impact was mde in line and the ball was clipping the bails (as happened in situation #1 and it was umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

These instances did not happened once or twice. These happened several times and makes me feel like the review system is kept in the game just for name sake and there is no use of it. As per my knowledge the LBW deceision will be given only if the ball was pitched in line and the imapct was made in line and the ball hitting any part of the stump. The situation #1 & #2 is confusing me as to what is th actual rule for LBW

Have you turned on the option for pitch wear when you set up the match (accessible by pressing Square for match options)? I can definitely see the pitch deteriorate visually but haven't seen any gameplay related impact. I don't see more spin/turn or variable bounce and the pitch plays more or less the same throughout.

----------

I was referring to career mode where quick wear isn't an option. I don't think I have seen visible wear and not aware of any gameplay related impact as the days progress?

I actually found that unhelpful, because it didn't teach you to cope as you would in a match. (Awkward bugger that I am)

I wasn't suggesting using it to improve your batting; I was talking about it as a batting aid that could be used in match on the lower difficulty levels in terms of "slowing the ball down" and "seeing it earlier".

You cannot legitimately do that right now, it is not yet available on PSN.

I can definitely see the pitch deteriorate visually but haven't seen any gameplay related impact. I don't see more spin/turn or variable bounce and the pitch plays more or less the same throughout.

I've used the quick pitch wear feature for shorter matches and probably would for anything short of a 40 over. I don't necessarily see a huge effect, although I'm not sure I'd want it to be too dramatic. Right now, the effect may be noticeable in such a way as the batsmen having a harder job staying in as the match progresses, the timing window very fractionally narrowing or nicking the ball a bit more? Not exactly sure how it's effecting things for now though.

Perhaps if some form of change was made to it, to make it more noticeable, it'd only have to be more cut from pace bowlers or more spin from spinners?

I was referring to career mode where quick wear isn't an option. I don't think I have seen visible wear and not aware of any gameplay related impact as the days progress?

I haven't played a lot in career mode (two seasons) but I've played a hell of a lot of custom comps, including test matches and one day matches with "Quick Pitch Wear" togged ON (I make sure of this every time), and I am yet to see any pitch wear over the course of a match. Even a 5 day match. I'm actually quite disappointed with this.

What does "Quick Pitch Wear" even mean? Does that mean for reduced game formats (eg: T10) it is meant to be simulated as if it was a full length match? There is nothing in the manual on this.

In the end I just 'simulate' my own pitch wear, but changing it for each day of a test or 4 day game - day 1 and 2 I'll have the pitch on "pristine", then 3 it will be "uneven", day four "wearing" and day 5 "worn". Pretty lame I know.

What Id really like to know from BA is what effect each pitch type and pitch condition has exactly. Like an actual defined list. To be honest, I don't notice any difference in the behaviour of the ball on each pitch type and in different amounts of cloud cover or humidity. Can Ross possibly provide this info? :)

Also, I haven't noticed any visible cloud cover in the game. The game might say "overcast" or "cloudy", but I don't ever see any actual clouds in the sky! It even rains in bright sunshine...anyone seen overcast conditions?

Weather condition and pitch conditions are so hugely influential in the game of cricket - it would be good to see that these are taken into account in the game. At least some clarity from the developer as to exactly what effects pitch and weather conditions have on things in the game is something I think everyone would appreciate, no offence intended. :)

----------

Does anyone know when playing a test match after a days play when then next day starts does your bowlers fatigue go down ir does it stay the same as it was the previous day thanks :)

Hmm, having some interesting observations post patch regarding fatigue. I can only comment on customised match types, but I've noticed that bowler fatigue is replenishing not over the course of an innings, but in between innings. I play test matches with forced innings closures at 40 overs - between the first and second innings bowler fatigue seems to replenish.

Last edited:
Also, I haven't noticed any visible cloud cover in the game. The game might say "overcast" or "cloudy", but I don't ever see any actual clouds in the sky! It even rains in bright sunshine...anyone seen overcast conditions?

Weather condition and pitch conditions are so hugely influential in the game of cricket - it would be good to see that these are taken into account in the game. At least some clarity from the developer as to exactly what effects pitch and weather conditions have on things in the game is something I think everyone would appreciate, no offence intended. .
Same here re cloud cover, never seen any real overcast conditions even though forecast states there should be

Would also like to hear from BA re pitch conditions, here's hoping :thumbs

I had a game where we went off due to rain twice in a session, and when we came back on after the second time it was very dark, objectively overcast, it looked like midnight at 2pm.

Don't want to sound like a Grinch but Shane Warne 99 and Cricket 97 had overcast conditions, and different pitch conditions that greatly affected gameplay - surely it would be a reasonable expectation that they would have had something similar in this game?

Must be in the minority, seen plenty of overcast days and had a fair bit of rain affected matches too, especially in T20's in Sydney, for some reason. Think it's down to the locales selected a lot of the time in Career Mode?

Even in a human vs human situation the fractionally earlier length indication around the hand could still work. People choose either one of three lengths and this should be locked off by the initial down movement of the right stick.

At that point the colour of length could be displayed around the hand. This would tell the second player quite late in the run in (but earlier than now) what foot to go onto.

As an option which could go on or off, it'd go a long way to getting people away from premeditation quite quickly.

@BigAntStudios

I would love some feedback on the above suggestion from you , as I see this as a do-able thing to try and eliminate alot of the guess work. Because like he mentioned it , as soon as the jump animation is initiated , the intended length is locked in and "known" by the game and can be displayed a fraction of a second before ball release . :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Front foot/back foot

Struggling with the batting but getting there slowly, love it, at last a cricket game thats tough but rewarding.

If you have the view on broadcast then it seems to me the front foot/back foot selection (PS3) is the opposite of what you would expect i.e. press back for front foot? (and the opposite to previous cricket games). What does invert actually do, is it just changing the right stick i.e. shot direction? or does it also change the back foot / front foot selection with the left stick as well?

Only played it a couple of times so bear with me.

Users who are viewing this thread