Post your questions about the game here!

Bowling assistance

Is it just me or is bowling to AI a lot harder in Patch 2. I had a few tricks against the AI before the 2nd patch.

Anyone have any luck? any tricks to trigger a collapse? I know how it sounds but as I would explain below, bowling to a plan or bowling maidens is futile.

For ex: Test match, I bowled 11 consecutive maidens with a leggie and pacer to Prior and KP, there was absolutely no signs of them dropping their guard, I hurt them with bouncers, beat them in spin, some balls bouncing right before the fielders but never enough to trigger a dive. Its hard to keep faith in the games bowling mechanics after bowling 11 maidens in a row. Whereas batting has become a breeze!

It used to be so, bowling a jaffa at yorker length pitching right in at the middle stump 155 kmph would be missed occasionally giving me a lbw or a bowled. Now the AI is offering a late cut. This is just depressing! Ive even tried the oppossitte fielded bodyline by bowling wide bouncers repeatedly where the batsman keeps cutting, reactively setting fielders there but again, to no wickets.

Lastly, anyone see any close-in catches by silly point etc? they are a little pointless.

I am forced to repost because it went answered.

Can anyone tell me why there is lag and anomalies in online matches ? Even though my latency is around 40 and my friend's is around 80 and avg speed of internet is 4Mbps. Whenever the ball goes to the slip or keeper it seems like everyone's missed it when start running the ball comes out of nowhere and hits the stump. Same problem with playing shots. I play shot on front on the offside i saw ball going there and suddenly stumps popped. And my friend told me you are bowled i was like what i did hit the ball on the offside. Whats going on and how to fix these issues ?

Is there anyway at all to remove the forced difficulty option?

How do you mean forced difficulty?

----------

I am forced to repost because it went answered.

Can anyone tell me why there is lag and anomalies in online matches ? Even though my latency is around 40 and my friend's is around 80 and avg speed of internet is 4Mbps. Whenever the ball goes to the slip or keeper it seems like everyone's missed it when start running the ball comes out of nowhere and hits the stump. Same problem with playing shots. I play shot on front on the offside i saw ball going there and suddenly stumps popped. And my friend told me you are bowled i was like what i did hit the ball on the offside. Whats going on and how to fix these issues ?

I am really not sure.....I have played with guys from Australia from out of Europe and had no problems at all......one thing I did with Ashes 09 was to reduce the graphics on my own machine when playing online and this stopped it lagging on my side....dont know if that is worth trying......

Don Bradman 14 - Profile got Corrupt

I researched about this online and found out that there's no solution for this to fix.
so heads up everyone, I went through this so will you too? ofc better start saving the file once a week or you will lose all the data that you built too.
I lost my 3 teams that I created after spending weeks on them & no, it did not come back after downloading the freakin uploaded ones.
The location of save profiles being saved is at ->
User -> My Games -> Don Bradman 14
My file corrupted was "PMD000.SAV" It contains your teams, Characters, Experience, Levels etc. (excluding Career Mode). But for safty precausion, Save the whole folder & when it ever maybe happen to you keep eye on date & time of any .SAV file then replace it with the one you backed up.
This is just a little help the all of Steamers out there. I am brand new User to Steam so I didn't know It would happen. so yeah, Save the game once a week then delete 2 weeks older one If you don't like so many saves.

Also one more thought came to my mind that maybe some of you might think that maybe It happened because my computer was full of viruses or i didn't close game properly. But no luckily I got 2 anti viruses on my computer 1st Avast & 2nd Male-ware. so no virus can fly through my computer. 2nd thing, I closed game by selecting "Exit Game" on Main Menu not Alt-F4 & I still went through this so don't know what went wrong.

Please help me & try to fix this kind of problem not to happen with other people. Because I found out many other Steam Games had this kind of problem & in the end they had no choice but to start with new profile.

Is there anyway at all to remove the forced difficulty option?

Did it get solved? What is your steam id then perhaps we can help you.....you see if I understand correctly then if you have patched the game via steam then you can choose whichever difficulty you want to be on....if you cant connect to steam for some reason to download the patch, and there is only one reason for that, then well.........................I can understand some members finding me a bit of a see you next tuesday when it comes to this but I see no other way than to be aggressive in calling people out...If I am wrong I will apologise, if not then it is a job well done......

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with the game, oddly my ps3 version decided to record England as victors over South Africa, is this a bug?. Onto more serious matters, how does one generate power with the scoop shot? for some reason every time I try and time the ball to hit it, it just bounces rather pitifully off the bat into the loving, almost out of his luck can't believe it wicket-keeper. I'm guessing it's just a timing issue?.

how to edit career team lineup

can any tell me how to edit team lineups in career mode.

Batting Question (about left vs right on LS)

I have a question regarding selecting a stump to play off of, not front foot vs back foot. My problem is I I thought that the game gives you the colored ball so that you push your analog stick both front for a green pitch and left if its colored left with a gap on the right. However since I have been doing this I dont score more than 30-40 runs in a T10 game.

Should I mainly just push up and down on the stick, and only left and right if the ball is going to be wide of the stump?

Also is there a way to tell what your players ratings are besides going to edit them in the academy? I feel like I dont know certain players strengths/weaknesses and its hurting me.

You carry on with this banter that's meant to be witty - really you're all as funny as cancer.

My wife died of cancer and I am sure it's touched many here. You're a funny bloke.

I find it amazing that someone who 'joined in July 2014' can make such a quick summation of particular forum members

I played an online match a few days ago and when I was bowling it was going into slow motion once I'd released the ball. Like in the tutorial for shot timing during practice mode. It didn't do this for my opponent, just for me. I can't remember if it happened for every delivery though. Was this a bug?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread