Post your questions about the game here!

See the "Why are the players in whites during a limited overs match/coloured clothes in a Test?" answer under the FAQ.

That doesn't explain why your created career team only can play in whites and not the colours in odis in career mode

Last edited:
OK, now does anyone know why my boy will suddenly decide to leap all around the crease?

In particular, if I'm trying to play square off the front foot he likes to leap out and kick the ball. I'm wondering if he likes the look of the cover fielder, and wants to get close to him?

It's coz the footwork control (left stick) is quite sensitive. Let's say your intention was to play square on the front foot and you would have pressed 'up' on left stick. But unfortunately the line between 'up' and 'up & right', or 'up' and 'up & left' is so small on the left stick, that you may very well have pressed 'up & right' on left stick making your batsman veer to the left. That's the reason you will see you batsman play way down on the off side and the ball hits the stumps behind batsman's legs.

I have noticed even a small jerky movement or a slight push to the right leads to such dismissals. The way PS3 controller is built, my natural and instinctive move to push up on the left stick ends up 'up & right', i.e. not absolutely straight. Even this small deviation from up in the direction of left or right is interpreted as 'up & right' or 'up & left' leading to your batsman reacting differently to what you would expect. At least this has been my experience so far. I have to make a conscious effort to push the left stick dead straight else I end up losing my wkt and at higher difficulty levels, this is the main reason of being dismissed.

It's coz the footwork control (left stick) is quite sensitive. Let's say your intention was to play square on the front foot and you would have pressed 'up' on left stick. But unfortunately the line between 'up' and 'up & right', or 'up' and 'up & left' is so small on the left stick, that you may very well have pressed 'up & right' on left stick making your batsman veer to the left. That's the reason you will see you batsman play way down on the off side and the ball hits the stumps behind batsman's legs.

I have noticed even a small jerky movement or a slight push to the right leads to such dismissals. The way PS3 controller is built, my natural and instinctive move to push up on the left stick ends up 'up & right', i.e. not absolutely straight. Even this small deviation from up in the direction of left or right is interpreted as 'up & right' or 'up & left' leading to your batsman reacting differently to what you would expect. At least this has been my experience so far. I have to make a conscious effort to push the left stick dead straight else I end up losing my wkt and at higher difficulty levels, this is the main reason of being dismissed.

Yeap , this is exactly the case . Would be out of this world if we could set the sensitivity of the LA , so that it takes a much more concious effort to get it to register a up+right/left versus just a straight up input.

That doesn't explain why your created career team only can play in whites and not the colours in odis in career mode
Yes it does.

You need to have set the correct default uniforms for the different formats prior to commencing the career using that method to get the correct uniforms in the correct formats during career mode.

OK, thanks. I thought the point of Pro was that it was way less sensitive as far as this stuff went, though?

Perhaps that's one of the tweaks for patch 2.

*waits patiently for patch 2*

Regarding the sensitivity of the sticks, I'd really like if there was a larger (as in, any at all) dead spot in the centre - sometimes I'm sure the issues I'm having are down to me not moving the stick exactly straight, and the first movement is what registers.

*edit: noticed something* I'm not entirely sure that the sensitivity of the stick is all that's at issue, here. I think sometimes the timing (when bad) comes out as bad footwork - because my boy just jumped halfway across the pitch again, but I'm relatively sure I didn't get the movement back that wrong.

Note that on pro, it often "corrects" footwork that isn't quite right when the timing is spot on ...

I also think confidence has something to do with it. That is, I think the result of a delivery has much more than just "how was my footwork, how was my timing" involved, and that the animations we end up with are reflecting a bunch of calculations.

*edit more*

and I'm sick and damn tired of shots other than the ones I'm selecting being played.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I thought the point of Pro was that it was way less sensitive as far as this stuff went, though?

Perhaps that's one of the tweaks for patch 2.

*waits patiently for patch 2*

Regarding the sensitivity of the sticks, I'd really like if there was a larger (as in, any at all) dead spot in the centre - sometimes I'm sure the issues I'm having are down to me not moving the stick exactly straight, and the first movement is what registers.

*edit: noticed something* I'm not entirely sure that the sensitivity of the stick is all that's at issue, here. I think sometimes the timing (when bad) comes out as bad footwork - because my boy just jumped halfway across the pitch again, but I'm relatively sure I didn't get the movement back that wrong.

Note that on pro, it often "corrects" footwork that isn't quite right when the timing is spot on ...

I also think confidence has something to do with it. That is, I think the result of a delivery has much more than just "how was my footwork, how was my timing" involved, and that the animations we end up with are reflecting a bunch of calculations.

*edit more*

and I'm sick and damn tired of shots other than the ones I'm selecting being played.

It IS less sensitive on PRO. Try playing a match on Legend difficulty level and every other shot would have messed up footwork unless you made an effort to get the input on LS just right.

Adding an optional feedback mechanism for timing and footwork while batting in the game would go a long way in addressing the issue and easing the learning curve.

Off topic slightly but while playin tiger woods golf (which has stick feedback) I noticed just how far off straight I am! I'm now planning to use the feedback off TW to help my cricket!

Off topic slightly but while playin tiger woods golf (which has stick feedback) I noticed just how far off straight I am! I'm now planning to use the feedback off TW to help my cricket!

That's why next iteration of DBC, or a future patch, should add feedback mechanism for footwork & timing.

will don bradman cricket will be avaliable in usa[detroit]

A lot has already been discussed about availability, but here it is again. You most likely won't find it in a brick and mortar store in USA but can buy it online from Amazon.com. The two console version are given below. Alternatively, you can digitally download them from respective stores on your console. PC version will release sometime this month I think, and should be available for digital download hopefully on Steam and Amazon.com within next month.

http://www.amazon.com/DON-BRADMAN-C...079933&sr=8-1&keywords=don+bradman+cricket+14

Amazon.com: DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14: Video Games

Last edited:
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has been given out, caught off the gloves?
It's never happened to me. The opposition doesn't even appeal for caught off the gloves as far as I can see.

don bradman cricket 14 ps4/xbox one

Will ps4/xbox one get don bradman cricket 14???

it installs automatically if you are signed into the PSN network

hence, if you PS# is attached to the net and you are logged into the PSN on game start up it will prompt you to update the game

I only updated my game once when I first played it. I can't update it, it says I have the latest updates. How do I update the game?

I only updated my game once when I first played it. I can't update it, it says I have the latest updates. How do I update the game?

You have to post the same question in every thread without bothering to read the titles.

You are almost there Dont stop now.

Users who are viewing this thread