Post your questions about the game here!

I think this would be a great thing if

Suppose the batsman is new at the crease for him the game speed will go at current speed. As the batsman gradually getting set in the crease he will see the ball come a bit slower and have extra 0.25-30 secs to react than a new batsman.

This way a set batsman have extra advantage of playing proper shots compare to new batsman. And the confidence meter will come into play.

...first decent suggestion I've heard regarding this. Kudos.

The top and middle order of my team would like to disagree there. It's a visual treat to see the swinging ball @ 150+ kmph, but certainly discomforting facing them.

Same! especially my left handers... haha Doing the 2005 ashes atm with Dale tests only last a day! haha only dale has batted through a session. It's all good fun online more nicks, love my nicks :D

Suppose the batsman is new at the crease for him the game speed will go at current speed. As the batsman gradually getting set in the crease he will see the ball come a bit slower and have extra 0.25-30 secs to react than a new batsman.

This way a set batsman have extra advantage of playing proper shots compare to new batsman. And the confidence meter will come into play.

That's a friggin great idea. Something should happen to simulate the effect of getting "in" and confidence doesn't really do it.

Saved Career Problem

Hey Guys!

Saved my career and logged back in 2 hours later and too my shock the career had disappeared! The game was still on my hard drive as I checked my console settings.
Plz help!:mad

I'm sorry but I don't agree. This happens naturally as you get used to the bowling. Why create it artificially?

Last edited:
I know I am being a bit of a gluepot by even asking this but being new to the PC version of this game, why is the Academy saying that I cannot access it at this current time?

You may not have the latest version of the game? They haven't said they've pushed anything different lately though? That's usually the reason for it on PC.

----------

That's a friggin great idea. Something should happen to simulate the effect of getting "in" and confidence doesn't really do it.

Totally agree, I haven't seen much influence of "confidence" in the game, other than in career mode it takes you a few overs to start hitting boundaries, it looks like it hampers the execution and timing of your shots.

Be great if it actually made it easier to "see the ball" as it occurs in real life as your timing and/or ability to clear the boundary doesn't change all that much game to game it's more the time it takes for you to pick a spinner or read the pace of any specific delivery that is more an indicator of ones confidence in a given match situation.

It's a great idea, in theory... Might be hard to accomplish.

I'd like to see "confidence" carry over ones whol "year" in career mode as a reflection of "form" rather than game by game ability.

Is it possible to get a fielding marker added for when you are bowling? Not being a captain means I have no quick way to see what field I should be bowling to.

With regards to batting, does anybody else find it hard to choose a defensive shot if they had premeditated something different? My reactions aren't good enough to get the trigger down, so I end up playing a straight drive (which has cost me on a few occasions).

Also, is it possible to make players automatically ground their bat at all times? I've been run out/run my teammates out when declining a run because the player just casually wanders back without a care in the world...it's a little frustrating.

Also, are there any plans to tweak the fielding positions the AI chooses in various situations across all formats? In nearly every game I've played in career I've faced a silly mid-on and/or silly mid off, or 3 slips in T20 or 4 men around the bat in the first few overs in a Pro40 match...

It creates 2 issues - 1/ it looks silly and 2/ it leaves massive gaps in the field which makes scoring boundaries a lot easier (especially on the leg side.)

No idea, not near my PC. Go to credits and that'll tell you, when you boot steam it should auto update anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread