Post your questions about the game here!

thevicky

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
it's just batting. but bowling is MUCH easier to skill-up in game

Is that still true post Patch 2?

Haven't really played career with the new patch, been having too much fun playing tours and competitions.

Edit: I refer to the part about bowling being much easier to skill up

faizangmc

Club Captain
it's just batting. but bowling is MUCH easier to skill-up in game

ok thankyou dave. I have one more question. After playing some games. I have improved my bowling skills. But the meters in bowling does not get easier. So skill increase does not affect the bowling meters? The timings? Ideally, i think it should get easier as our stats increase. like inswing etc.

Does it ever get easier or its constant? Someone said that international selection makes it wider?

ram_kalam

School Cricketer
Hi all, just recently bought the game and am in love with it; loving the Career mode so far.

Thing is; I do tend to be quite decent at games, so I started off my career in Pro mode. Its challenging yes, but I'm averaging in the high 40s so I am not too worried; but I'm wondering as stated over here if the difficulty ramps up too much by the time I make international?

Should I restart a career as Amateur or something to make sure I don't hit a brick wall at some point?

D

Deleted member 9102

LzbKG2m.png
That's true and all, but I think some changes should be allowed during the mode. Obviously not things like height, ethnicity, name, nationality etc. but just having the ability to change things like the hairstyle or batting/fielding gear would be good to have.

Perhaps at some point down the line on PC we may be able to edit such things, but that's still probably unlikely.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Indeed, things should be editable - but when the game does tell you that you can't make changes, it's frustrating how many people seem shocked by the inability to make changes.

Read what the game is telling you!

rahul911

Club Cricketer
While batting in career mode
there should be an option like

I will be able to set the other side batsman on offensive, defensive mode and on the last ball of the over I ll have option to tell him to take single.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While batting in career mode
there should be an option like

I will be able to set the other side batsman on offensive, defensive mode and on the last ball of the over I ll have option to tell him to take single.

I would be more than happy if my batting partners get out of "4 or 0" mode. It absolutely sucks to get a 1 or a 3 early in the over and watch your batting partner slog or block rest of the over. Maybe in the next iteration of the game AI batsmen will do a much better job of rotating the strike by taking singles. Of course the fields AI sets for AI batsmen doesn't help either.

bibmi

Club Captain
Quick career question.

I started a career on rookie as a 21 year old. Started my first on amateur but just couldn't get used to playing veteran after the two difficulty jumps. My career is now in its second year, and I have a rank two helmet (with over 300000 career points). However my games at the domestic level are still rookie and at the international level they are amateur. Shouldn't they be at amateur and pro respectively?

Am I missing something or is this career somehow 'broken'?

rahul911

Club Cricketer
There should be an option to set the position of the keeper
Sometimes when i feel like bowling below normal pace I want my keeper to stay little ahead of his default pos. Edges r more often land short.

graghu13

School Cricketer
New Player

Hi All,
Yesterday I have purchased the don Bradman CD for my xbox 360. I have gone through the several forums and learnt that I need to download the patch 2 for squad updates etc. Which option I need to select in game. I was also not able to play online I was getting an error saying your Xbox live account does not have suffcient privilages. What I need to do to slove these things. Please guide.

Thanks
Raghu

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi All,
Yesterday I have purchased the don Bradman CD for my xbox 360. I have gone through the several forums and learnt that I need to download the patch 2 for squad updates etc. Which option I need to select in game. I was also not able to play online I was getting an error saying your Xbox live account does not have suffcient privilages. What I need to do to slove these things. Please guide.

Thanks
Raghu

To play online, you need an xbox live gold account.

To download patch 2 you only need an xbox live account, it doesn't have to be gold. If you play the game and your xbox is connected to the net you should have got prompted to install patch 2. Its possible you installed it and clicked ok without noticing.would suggest playing a casual four day game against the AI - if they start your batting innings with slips in the field youre on patch two, if not youre in patch one.

If youre on patch 1,Restart the game and you should be prompted to update. If you don't get the prompt check your xbox is connected to the internet.

graghu13

School Cricketer
To play online, you need an xbox live gold account.

To download patch 2 you only need an xbox live account, it doesn't have to be gold. If you play the game and your xbox is connected to the net you should have got prompted to install patch 2. Its possible you installed it and clicked ok without noticing.would suggest playing a casual four day game against the AI - if they start your batting innings with slips in the field youre on patch two, if not youre in patch one.

If youre on patch 1,Restart the game and you should be prompted to update. If you don't get the prompt check your xbox is connected to the internet.

sure will try and update.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Online gameplay is so poor nowadays. Please give me solution. My cousin is able to play onlien with others. But i fail to play. My internet is freaking good. Turned off firewall also. Yet error in connection everytime.

Last edited:

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey folks,

So, I wanted to know,

Does the height of a player make a difference in the game with regards to batting??

Obviously for bowling it will, but I started a new career with a player at the max height allowed.....needless to say, bouncers barely bother me.....but I feel that sometimes it's like he is too tall to play certain shots

On the other hand, the shortest oke should probably have massive issues with proper bouncers then?

Anyone have some insight into this?

Users who are viewing this thread