Post your questions about the game here!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone. its been a long time (more than 2 years) since i visited this forum/website. Getting all nostalgic. Damn! time sure does fly.

Since i've been totally out of gaming for a while now, can anyone tell me if it is worth buying? how realistic are the physics and the AI?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
As for flighted deliveries and slow Bouncers from Medium Bowlers, in almost all the Organized Online Leagues/Tournaments, we have banned bowling below 6 meters with Spinners and Medium Bowlers..Fast & Fast Medium can bowl anything they like. Though few of us dont find anything wrong with these flighted or slow short balls, but we play with 6 meters rule fr the enjoyment of majority of the participants.
How do you play those flighted deliveries?? I am able to get those for singles and sometimes for 2 but getting 4 and 6's are damn difficult almost impossible as the players usually set a field where the shots go to...

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Surely making bowling as rewarding an experience as batting is the solution, I like Richowebbo have always preferred bowling and in this department I honestly don't think DBC is any better than previous titles apart from the move away from the bowling circle and the controls( which is fantastic). These two things do not improve the gameplay though which is fairly average, unrealistic and for the most part unrewarding!

As for Tabletop Cricket, who do BigAnt think their target market is for TTC? I don't know a single person who would purchase an watered down arcadey version of cricket and do you think that somebody who isn't a fan of cricket is suddenly going to buy it? So that leaves kids with an interest in cricket (small market) and those on the subcontinent who'll lap up anything cricket related. It's retail price will have to be far lower than DBC to appeal and even then I just don't see it being popular.

I agree with you on the TTC. Even if I didn't have the time to invest, I wouldn't be bothered with an Arcadey version. I'd just wack on Ashes 09 or ICC 10 and smash the ball around!

I love the controls of bowling and it is a real improvement from the circle plopping of old, but as you correctly state, the bolwing is unrewarding and unrealistic. I recently had a Tour I was playing, and Scott Bothwick got most of my wickets on a green pitch, cloudy conditions. I bowled Joe Root at the other end because my seamers were pointless.

If you're not very good at batting, or just don't enjoy batting, this game is not the game for you, yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1422716912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello everyone. its been a long time (more than 2 years) since i visited this forum/website. Getting all nostalgic. Damn! time sure does fly.

Since i've been totally out of gaming for a while now, can anyone tell me if it is worth buying? how realistic are the physics and the AI?

Batting is good. Bowling average. Its a nice change and worth buying compared to other cricket titles. I don't actually like the game, but many people do.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Everyone will have their preferences and handicaps; I have found that by sitting slightly to the left or right of my batsman in close batsman cam and thus being more in line of the trajectory of the ball I am able to judge the ball much better. You will also need to take into account that the red ball is much less forgiving than the white one in the game: straight bat and a narrow v are your best friends in first class games.....

I'm very defensive minded so tend to bat with a very straight bat. My problem comes when I try and play shots! I find it very tricky trying to judge line/length/speed. Maybe I need to try close batsmen cam.

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do you play those flighted deliveries?? I am able to get those for singles and sometimes for 2 but getting 4 and 6's are damn difficult almost impossible as the players usually set a field where the shots go to...

Didn't you just complained that its too easy to hit Yorkers for SIX on Deep Third Man :noway:noway......So may be these flighted balls are a way for BAS to compensate that :yes:yes...Now dont tell me you want to hit these (Flighted) balls for Six too..:D:D

But seriously speaking, you can hit them for Six by stepping out at the right time, or you can wait till very very late and punch them for Four towards Deep Extra Cover (for ball on Offline) or towards Square Leg (for Ball on Middle or Leg Stump)...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Didn't you just complained that its too easy to hit Yorkers for SIX on Deep Third Man :noway:noway......So may be these flighted balls are a way for BAS to compensate that :yes:yes...Now dont tell me you want to hit these (Flighted) balls for Six too..:D:D

But seriously speaking, you can hit them for Six by stepping out at the right time, or you can wait till very very late and punch them for Four towards Deep Extra Cover (for ball on Offline) or towards Square Leg (for Ball on Middle or Leg Stump)...
Those were done by the one on the opposite side..

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Those were done by the one on the opposite side..

yes, when you are playing with Experienced player, I would recommend you to keep Deep Third Man to prevent that shot, or else its really easy (Which should not be the case) to hit anything (Except for ball landing on Leg Stump) for Four & Six though that region, but just in case he miss it, you have the opportunity of bowled him too..

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors

Hey man, as Richo said, much better battingwise. You'll enjoy bowling for a bit but after a while the flaws become too much to bear. If batting's your thing though you'll get hours out of it, especially playing the career mode. Physics are generally good, lack of any noticeable difference between types of wickets or weather a disappointment, AIwise they bowl well but to awful fields that constantly change. If you like cricket you'll enjoy it.

andrew36

School Cricketer
The bowling is good but make yorkers harder to hit and pitches on uneven should stay low or bounce more
When bowl hits cracks It should do more
AI should have be harder to play against and have better fields

Hooksz

School Cricketer
Hi, apologies if this has already been asked! Just wondering if it is possible to create custom online tournaments? Me and 3 mates want to create a t20 tournament with custom rules etc but couldn't find a way to play the custom tournament we set up in an online setting.
Thanks in advance.

honsweeter39

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi there..can I mod DBC'14 by buying the game from this site..
It is an LE Version..and I am having some doubts too..
waiting for the reply[/QUOTE]

Yeah i also bought Don Bradman Cricket 14 Limited Edition pc from flipkart but i can't access all features of steam. Game is running fine but its steam issue. For example i can't send friend request, and broadcast my game. I have activated Don Bradman cricket 14 still can't access steam features.
Capture.JPG
Capturenn.JPG

Last edited:

goldengrouch

School Cricketer
hey everyone,
I am having this problem when i am bowling, my player has a fuzzy texture,for some reason it doesn't really show you have to zoom in once its open
PGvQNUu

does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks

fiction

County Cricketer
hey everyone,
I am having this problem when i am bowling, my player has a fuzzy texture,for some reason it doesn't really show you have to zoom in once its open
PGvQNUu

does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks
The image is broken for me.

Users who are viewing this thread