Premeditation Solutions

on which camera setting did u play
i only play on broadcast cam and have tried this thing of removing the ball trail and the circle around the ball
after doing this i was able to see the ball clearly but not able to judge the length of the ball
so mostly played all the balls on frontfoot

if you bat in broadcast literally anything you have to say about the batting experience is irrelevant since you insist on batting in a camera which is entirely unsuitable to the whole batting system as designed.

Good luck to Big Ant in trying to process anything in this thread.

'We want the realism of facing a genuine 150km delivery in real time, but please provide an arcadey pitch marker otherwise it will be too difficult'

Hardly a consistent, cohesive approach to game design.

Is that the only thing you got from this thread?

Is that the only thing you got from this thread?

In a very broad sense, yes. Majority of suggestions are either impractical, or go against the Big Ant design direction. Or they're coming from people playing in broadcast camera, which is for all intents and purposes, a completely different game.

I might be biased because I can actually use the existing indicators, but can we at least wait for the follow up game to be fully released before already making suggestions about what needs to be done?

Good luck to Big Ant in trying to process anything in this thread.

'We want the realism of facing a genuine 150km delivery in real time, but please provide an arcadey pitch marker otherwise it will be too difficult'

Hardly a consistent, cohesive approach to game design.

Unfortunately i cant find the ignore button for you, and quite frankly im bored of your 2 bit responses,and cynicism by now. It you actually took the time to read what cricketonline said, you would see that his post were very insightful and honest, and he has invested a lot of time trying to find ways not to premeditate, as have myself and others(side note- Follow ons comment was actually perfect). There hasn't been anyone I've seen demanding stuff be added immediately, we just want to discuss the topic, well i do anyhow. Hence why the thread was created. Fair enough if people dont want to discuss the topic, dont post if your not interested. In short if i was good enough not to premeditate then i wouldn't even open the thread period, i dont go round looking for reasons to bash people on other threads, but i will defend things im interested in discussing, just like this topic...

I dont think with the way the current game is designed you need premeditation at all. This is a mental block that even the professional cricketers face of getting ahead of the game and thinking about a particular type of delivery too much. To really stop premeditating, which bdw i found was bothering me too for the initial weeks after i had DBC 14 is to have a approach for essentially 2 types of deliveries offside and onside and this approach has worked fine for me. Initially i was late at timing the fast deliveries but then i do it reasonably well and the exact satisfaction of reading a full toss or short delivery on either leg stump, on the middle stump or outside off and just reacting to the ball perfectly even without the timing has to be the best part about DBC 14. In terms of balance between this part and accessibility for a larger visually challenged audience has been achieved IMO perfectly.

Unfortunately i cant find the ignore button for you, and quite frankly im bored of your 2 bit responses,and cynicism by now. It you actually took the time to read what cricketonline said, you would see that his post were very insightful and honest, and he has invested a lot of time trying to find ways not to premeditate, as have myself and others(side note- Follow ons comment was actually perfect). There hasn't been anyone I've seen demanding stuff be added immediately, we just want to discuss the topic, well i do anyhow. Hence why the thread was created. Fair enough if people dont want to discuss the topic, dont post if your not interested. In short if i was good enough not to premeditate then i wouldn't even open the thread period, i dont go round looking for reasons to bash people on other threads, but i will defend things im interested in discussing, just like this topic...

I am interested. That's why I said 'Majority of suggestions are either impractical, or go against the Big Ant design direction. Or they're coming from people playing in broadcast camera, which is for all intents and purposes, a completely different game'

If you don't want contradictory opinions, don't open a thread in a public forum.

Or they're coming from people playing in broadcast camera, which is for all intents and purposes, a completely different game.

Im curious... how is broadcast cam any different then from the behind the batsman cam?

#Is there more reaction time?

[HASHTAG]#Are[/HASHTAG] the controls more responsive?

[HASHTAG]#How[/HASHTAG] is it a completely different game?

Ive played with both, i just prefer broadcast cam because it looks like cricket i see on telly, i play cricket in real life so i suppose i dont really get that excited by the behind the batsman perspective... i guess, not sure, maybe ive missed something

Im curious... how is broadcast cam any different then from the behind the batsman cam?

#Is there more reaction time?

[HASHTAG]#Are[/HASHTAG] the controls more responsive?

[HASHTAG]#How[/HASHTAG] is it a completely different game?

Ive played with both, i just prefer broadcast cam because it looks like cricket i see on telly, i play cricket in real life so i suppose i dont really get that excited by the behind the batsman perspective... i guess, not sure, maybe ive missed something

Big Ant themselves have said the gameplay mechanics were designed to use a behind the batsmen camera. It is a perspective that is conducive to more easily picking up line and length (independent of HUD elements).

It's the same reasoning behind why a behind the hitter camera in baseball games is the default setting. Any other camera angle is counter intuitive to the way the gameplay mechanic is designed and intended to be used.

Ok fair enough

If you don't want contradictory opinions, don't open a thread in a public forum.

Funny story that actually, i accidentally posted this in dbc17 instead of dbc14, and i did ask matt if he could move it for me, guess not?

Big Ant themselves have said the gameplay mechanics were designed to use a behind the batsmen camera. It is a perspective that is conducive to more easily picking up line and length (independent of HUD elements).

It's the same reasoning behind why a behind the hitter camera in baseball games is the default setting. Any other camera angle is counter intuitive to the way the gameplay mechanic is designed and intended to be used.

That's quite interesting, because I do bat in Broadcast (A terrible habit from all the older games that I can't seem to shake), BUT I also have no problem with premeditation. Or at least, no problem beyond the normal amount of it. I admit that Fast bowlers are incredibly hard for me to score runs off, but Fast-Mediums/Mediums and Spinners I am able to see the line/length early enough to choose my footwork and shot.

I will admit I've never played on Legendary, but on Veteran at least, as long as I concentrate, it's most definitely doable.

I'm gonna have to go and do some practice, viewing from behind the batsman now, just to see if it is in fact easier to pick up the line/length earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread