Premeditation Solutions

You said 'poll' in your message - I had no idea you were talking about this thread.

Oh shite i did too, whoops sorry, but you didn't open it though, because i actually wrote *thread* in the message.

@cricket_online I am in the same boat as you with premeditation as my reflex aren't there specially for Fast and Fast medium but I can pick up the line for spin and medium with no issues (behind the batsman cam). Turning off the HUD helped me a bit but may not help everyone. That is after playing almost 3yrs (including the 1st academy net beta)

I dont want to debate as that's how the @BigAntStudios team have designed the game. Any suttle changes may have broken the mechanics and flow of the game. Otherwise they would have patched it in DBC 14 itself. Its the future and we have to adopt. I just blame it to me getting old.

On the bright side the game is always challenging to people like us with bad reflexes

Last edited:
@cricket_online I am in the same boat as you with premeditation as my reflex aren't there specially for Fast and Fast medium but I can pick up the line for spin and medium with no issues (behind the batsman cam). Turning off the HUD helped me a bit but may not help everyone. That is after playing almost 3yrs (including the 1st academy net beta)

I dont want to debate as that's how the @BigAntStudios team have designed the game. Any suttle changes may have broken the mechanics and flow of the game. Otherwise they would have patched it in DBC 14 itself. Its the future and we have to adopt. I just blame it to me getting old.

On the bright side the game is always challenging to people like us with bad reflexes

Ross has mentioned batting in DBC 17 will have a bit of difference from DBC 14 and may not require the same amount of pre-meditation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trust Big Ant to take the batting part in the game to a new level.

Ross has mentioned batting in DBC 17 will have a bit of difference from DBC 14 and may not require the same amount of pre-meditation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trust Big Ant to take the batting part in the game to a new level.
Hope you get the satisfaction of batting with the changes made to the mechanism..Enjoying the game and getting that great feel is what we all want..:D

Good luck to Big Ant in trying to process anything in this thread.

'We want the realism of facing a genuine 150km delivery in real time, but please provide an arcadey pitch marker otherwise it will be too difficult'

Hardly a consistent, cohesive approach to game design.

What makes you say that the pitch marker is arcadey while the current colored marker is not? you surely must be seeing it live on real cricket broadcast right? its about what is working and whats not , In my opinion the current colored marker is not doing its job properly considering that you have to dumb down the bowling speed to accompany it (even then its not working for many hence this thread) and I have just described an alternative which is perfectly in line with the current game mechanics. Now counting on Ross to dazzle us like he always does :) No harm in having choices to either use colored marker or pitch marker definitely gonna cater both hardcore and casual fans.

if you bat in broadcast literally anything you have to say about the batting experience is irrelevant since you insist on batting in a camera which is entirely unsuitable to the whole batting system as designed.
then why is it even present in the game for batting
this setting should have been removed by BA if it is so difficult to play on broadcast cam

If they remove the broadcast option, they will be bombarded with whining complaints.

that just can't be the only reason
thats too bad
now i really want to know why did they put broadcast cam for batting when BA themselves knew that its not suitable for batting with the batting system they provided in the game

Common....i played the game for 570 hours and still going on...the camera which i used all the way is Broadcast and fielding 1...and i defeated top players online...i can observe the ball and play with spinners and medium...i guess on fast and fast medium...still enjoying...i would say on any camera one need some practice to become perfect.

My two penn'orth regarding facing fast/fast medium bowling... this is over 2 years of playing on PS3 and then PS4

1) I can't bat "properly" (i.e. playing each ball on it's merits) with the current (DBC14) setup; particularly with respect to length

2) I can comfortably score a bucket load of runs (on Legend) by just propping onto the font foot and leg glancing or late cutting depending on line

3) This is not a fun or rewarding approach

I'd therefore like to add my voice to the chorus hoping that the re-balancing being done by BA for DBC17 helps us pick up the length more quickly.

I'd in fact like to go a step further and suggest that there should be a greater penalty for playing off the wrong foot. I've always considered that picking up length is more important than picking line but this is not the case when batting in DBC14.

It's probably far too late but I'd love to see something along the lines of:

1) "Fend" type animations when going forward to a shorter ball which can result in the batsman gloving/edging the ball to the cordon or a close in fielder (actually bringing short leg into play)
2) "Poke" type animations when playing back to a fuller delivery essentially representing the rooted to the crease push which can result on missing the ball or an edge back onto the stumps or to the cordon

Of course the above should only happen if the ability to pick up length is greatly improved otherwise batting would become completely impossible for the likes of me!

Users who are viewing this thread