Premier League 2008/09

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Once more, let me just lol at Mark Hughes for being inbred and abandoning all the good work he did at Blackburn to join a smaller club.
:eek: But City are MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at the Wenger comment, Joe:p.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Looks as if Man Utd are set to sign Karim Benzema

PhilD123

International Coach
Lol, yeah I saw that comment, won't please Spurs fans. They'll have a decent team this season though, must be in contention for 5th place, with Modric as well.

Going off FM experience, Vela ftw.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Velas a prick. I was QPR and needed every point to stay up so in the last minute they take a corner, hit it straight to him about 30 yards out and he volleys it in.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Ahaha. Carlos Vela's the new Gareth Barry. Have that Spurs you bunch of anal dwellers.

PhilD123

International Coach
Fixtures come out tomorrow.

I wonder what day "Grand slam, super-dooper, king of games, amazing Sunday" will be this year, not that I'm looking suspiciously at the fixture "computer".

Apart from that though, I always look forward to this day, a while after the season finished, so I've got withdrawal symptoms:p.

PhilD123

International Coach
First day fixtures:

Arsenal v West Brom
Aston Villa v Man City
Bolton v Stoke
Chelsea v Portsmouth
Everton v Blackburn
Hull v Fulham
Man Utd v Newcastle
Middlesbrough v Tottenham
Sunderland v Liverpool
West Ham v Wigan

Our last game is away to Hull, our last two home games are City and Arsenal. We've got Liverpool and Chelski away in September, and City and Arsenal away before christmas.

Arsenal have got a pretty shocking end to the season:

Liverpool (A)
Boro (H)
Pompey (A)
Chelski (H)
United (A)
Stoke (H)

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Stoke have a better chance than Liverpool, Boro or Portsmouth. Why do we have Liverpool and Chelsea so close together, I hate it when teams have runs of big games.

PhilD123

International Coach
I know, but surely the big one is on 18th October, the match everyone's been waiting for, since the last classic, Aston Villa vs Portsmouth, then the nighttime reverse on 27th January. I'm moist in excitement.

I'm pretty annoyed about this to be honest:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTable/0,,12306,00.html

Ferie out!:mad: City are ahead of us, Arsenal are running away with it, even Liverpool are ahead of us.

Although it is very refreshing to see all our games at 3pm, don't usually see that in this day and age.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Pompey are going to be a tough fixture on the first day for Chelsea under new manager Mr. Scolari. It is a home game though, so a defeat at the fortress Stamford Bridge would be the worst start ever for Scolari.

I think people are expecting too much from Modric, and he might not start firing straight away, and then everyone is going to say he is crap.

Carlos Vela is on the way to becoming a legend.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know, but surely the big one is on 18th October, the match everyone's been waiting for, since the last classic, Aston Villa vs Portsmouth, then the nighttime reverse on 27th January. I'm moist in excitement.

I'm pretty annoyed about this to be honest:
http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTable/0,,12306,00.html

Ferie out!:mad: City are ahead of us, Arsenal are running away with it, even Liverpool are ahead of us.

Although it is very refreshing to see all our games at 3pm, don't usually see that in this day and age.
All of your games won't be at 3:00pm, BSkyB and Setanta Sports still have to pick which games they are going to move around for TV, and as double winners, Man Utd are going to be all over the place once again this season.

Users who are viewing this thread