Premier League 2008/09

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
You're a better team that the last time you were in the Premiership, you have a good keeper, a fairly solid defense, a creative midfield (Teixeira, Koren, Greening, Brunt) and the strikers Bednar, Miller and Beattie are capable of scoring a few goals. You have Pele too :p.

Also, the style of football you played last season suits the Premiership better than the style you had last time you were in the Premiership and last season you outplayed Portsmouth and almost beat them (they got a lucky goal, you missed good chances). I think you will stay up :).
Cheers for the confidence mate, we really need that this year. There is only 1 problem I have noticed though and that is we only have two centre-backs in Barnett, too young really and Clement, too old. We really need to buy someone soon, I wonder if Vidic is avaliable:p.

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cheers for the confidence mate, we really need that this year. There is only 1 problem I have noticed though and that is we only have two centre-backs in Barnett, too young really and Clement, too old. We really need to buy someone soon, I wonder if Vidic is avaliable:p.

and now they got carson .......

PhilD123

International Coach
Didn't know where to post this, pitch-invasion at United ressies against Altrincham in a friendly today:D:p. Lads with LUHG stickers:D and police nowhere to be seen.:p

Also, United were on TV earlier, 1-1 against Kaizer Chiefs, a "pelanty" for them (according to Chris Waddle) and Eagles, although god knows why he's still at the club.

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
West Brom did their usual in a pre-season friendly and lost to FC Koln 4-1 with Craig Beattie, should be gone, getting the goal. Next up is Hereford, don't we play the exciting fixtures:p.

PhilD123

International Coach
As with my previous post, I wasn't sure where I should post this.

Very sad news indeed. Wes Brown's sister died on Saturday night, 3 months pregnant and leaving a husband, and three children behind, she was only 36, and had only known Brown for 5 years. Its the second family tragedy in five months, as his Dad died in February.

You may have heard this earlier, but I doubt it, seeing as how, a death in the family of a football player only happens to be remembered if it is a player from a fashionable club from the capital (not that I'm mentioning any names).

Anyway, most important thing, RIP to his sister and the baby.

Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Voronin tearing up europe pre-season :laugh, two goals in two games not a bad return, class goal against Lucerne. Hopefully Benitez is trying to flog him by giving him games, and he won't fall for the excellent pre-season again. I'd rather have Fowler back :rolleyes:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Assuming this is the right thread, anyone watching the United vs Pirates game? Hope a SA team can strike it lucky again and win the cup ;)

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah I watched it earlier, not a great game, 1-0 to United with a Lee Martin goal. Orlando Pirates played pretty well in the second half.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I think pretty much every football fan in England who has access to the internet is doing it. ;)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Goalkeepers

Green
Friedel

Defenders

Campbell
Clichy
Dunne
Ferdinand
Woodgate

Midfielders

Essien
Fabregas (c)
Hargreaves
Mascherano
Pienaar

Forwards

Keane
Kitson
Santa Cruz

Subs in bold

Tell me that's not a good team!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I see Sir Alex has started his mind games. I think in his head he knows very well Chelsea post the biggest threat, and although I agree that Chelsea are an ageing side they are definitely young enough and good enough to do well currently. And I am sure like Makelele was released, the older and slower players will be replaced by young guns.

If Lampard does leave it will be a blessing.

Users who are viewing this thread