Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Apologies if this has been asked before

I have two Xbox controllers and both are having trouble when spinning the ball (rotating the left stick).

As I rotate the stick, the spin increases slowly, but then it stutters and returns to zero spin. I am turning it slowly and it has worked before.

This means I can't get any decent spin as it keeps stuttering.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any other way I can spin the ball?

Hey dude

Don't know if u doing it wrong but I avg over 1200rpm up to 2000rpm with a spinner in the game. That's on Xbox of course. I also think u need to look @ all these factors:

1. Bowling with ur career player u won't get much if any spin because you'll be level 1 on ur helmet and ur stats will be pretty weak & poorly build up to turn a ball.

2. Pitches will play a part on turn in the game.

3. Try pick a 5 star helmet player in a casual match and you are sure to get lots of turn.

4. Practice Practice Practice pal

Lol hope this helps a bit dude, if not and you are still struggling let me know and I'll take video of me rotating the sh@t out of the ball on a xbox controller and upload it for u. :thumbs

Hey dude

Don't know if u doing it wrong but I avg over 1200rpm up to 2000rpm with a spinner in the game. That's on Xbox of course. I also think u need to look @ all these factors:

1. Bowling with ur career player u won't get much if any spin because you'll be level 1 on ur helmet and ur stats will be pretty weak & poorly build up to turn a ball.

2. Pitches will play a part on turn in the game.

3. Try pick a 5 star helmet player in a casual match and you are sure to get lots of turn.

4. Practice Practice Practice pal

Lol hope this helps a bit dude, if not and you are still struggling let me know and I'll take video of me rotating the sh@t out of the ball on a xbox controller and upload it for u. :thumbs

Go to disagree with that - if you get the end of the third rotation and the release for the length of ball you're bowling spot on then you can achieve a good RPM (up to 1500) with a 1 helmet spinner.

Go to disagree with that - if you get the end of the third rotation and the release for the length of ball you're bowling spot on then you can achieve a good RPM (up to 1500) with a 1 helmet spinner.

Cool man didn't know that because I've never bowled a spinner in career as I am a medium pace all rounder in my career. That was just from what I knew as I found spinning the ball easy with a good rated player in casual play. It's definitely not the xbox controllers.

Well give the guy some tips then as I take it ur a spinner in ur career.

Yeah I am doing everything by the book.. And it worked fine until now. Get into my second rotation and the meter goes back to zero.. I will try post a video but I am a bit perplexed. Could be down to a cheap controller, but strange that it worked previously.

I don't play with a career player, and the problem persists whether it is an average spinner or a Murali

Last edited:
Cool man didn't know that because I've never bowled a spinner in career as I am a medium pace all rounder in my career. That was just from what I knew as I found spinning the ball easy with a good rated player in casual play. It's definitely not the xbox controllers.

Well give the guy some tips then as I take it ur a spinner in ur career.

Literally played my first career match yesterday as a spinner, but as I can't bowl pace for toffee (any tips for me?!) - all I've bowled on the game is spin!

I'm no expert but if I had to give advice I'd say:

1) The end of the third rotation and release should be as close as possible, even if that means slowing down/speeding up a rotation down to ensure good timing. I always used to pause slightly at the end of each rotation to ensure this.

2) End the rotation at exactly the position you started it.

3) Release the ball at the correct point for your delivery length:

- Good length: Release at the highest point
- Full length: perhaps 30/40 degrees behind the highest point (early release)
- Short length: Just in front of the highest point (late release)

Shining it seems to helps with drift balls (although that could just be in my head!).

It also seems to me that different bowlers have a different 'best' length. Mix it up and see what the best length for your bowler is. Try different deliveries, release timings etc...

Edit: I'm on PS3 not XBOX by the way, although Im not sure it matters.

No your advice is top notch my man. Yeah I don't think it will make a difference on with controller u try. They all work the same. I've played it on both PS3 & Xbox.

Haha all bowling advice from the fast/medium pace bowlers is bowl alot of good length seam. Good length seam with no added speed. Then good length seam full speed & throw a fee seam slower ball in there and you'll take plenty of wickets. 70% of my wickets was probably taken all on good length seam and it gives me lots of outside edges with I love:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't use any assists but seeing the meter feels like you are not completing the rotations fully....Maybe try practice match with tutorial..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that vid looks like what happens on ps3 when you dont keep the stick to the outside of the circle while rotating. This is something I had issues with rotating the stick clockwise for off spin, not really and issue going anti clockwise for leg break

@OP, I had similar problems spinning the ball with the PS3 controller. For a week I tried perfecting the rotation thinking that somehow I was getting the rotation wrong. Then I borrowed another PS3 controller from a friend and found out that the stick wasn't registering the rotations properly and as a result that sort of thing was happening. So I got myself a new controller and everything's fine now.
It seems strange that you are having problems with two controllers. You might want to borrow a controller from a friend and try it out just to be sure that it's not the controller's fault.

Well give the guy some tips then as I take it ur a spinner in ur career.[/QUOTE

Medium pace allrounder? the deliveries get very slow after few overs. Isn't it irritating to bowl continuous slow deliveries and ball not carrying to the keeper? :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread