Problems with Xbox controllers spinning the ball

Ren

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have the same issue as OP. I have xbox wired controller for windows, I'm on windows 8.1 x64, the chinese controller worked fine before but now it's broken.
@friction Please check this issue.

I reckon this is not an issue with the game itself but rather one of 2 things:

A) You're not doing full rotations
B) Your controller isn't registering full rotations

For A I've noticed that if I skip any section of a rotation it will immediately drop my revs. For example, rotating the left stick like this (_) with a "flat" section somewhere if I skip from say bottom left to bottom right.

For B, perhaps try a different controller, borrow one from a friend etc. If you see the same issue then sorry mate you're the problem. If it's fixed then your controller is kaput.

In any event, I fail to see how bigant can help with this - the game is registering the input it receives and reacting to that. The input is incorrect, so you need to work out whether that's user error or hardware.

fiction

County Cricketer
We can't help you because as @Ren pointed out the issue is with the controller and not the game. Also, I can't tell you something that other users haven't pointed out already.

dippa

Club Captain
I've got a PS4 and a Xbox One controller hooked up to my PC. For what it's worth, it's a million times easier to rotate the stick on the PS4 controller.

dippa

Club Captain
How are the triggers?
Whoops, been AWOL for a while. fearsome tweak AAA season.

As for the triggers - they're excellent, in fact. I find any games that specifically use them a lot - racing, for instance - are 100000000% more enjoyable to play than using the DS4.

Having the official drivers means you get a better force feedback response through the triggers and the controller generally, which just further adds to that.

But the bumpers are a pain. So I pretty much just have both on the table and swap depending on what's more comfortable.

DS4 sticks wear out really quickly though. They're pretty poorly made.

Users who are viewing this thread