Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Too bad AFL isn't world wide ey. Because this would kick soccer's arse all over the world

I really love the AFL ad. It's very clever isn't it. Although not to sure about the Irish music though lol

Yeah it's a good ad, I like it. Not sure how it proves it's the best sport in the world though... The people making the ad aren't going to make it so the AFL players get owned at all the other sports. :p

To be the best sport in the world, you need to be world wide, which AFL clearly is not.

Very good advertisement though.

Last edited:
The world game> AFL. I like watching AFL but playing just sucks. You get all these bogans who scruff you and are like "common then ****" and they elbow you and all this other crap happens. Then when your about to mark it they just push you out of the way and the referee does nothing. It sucks to play.

No game can beat football. It is the best sport in the world and more countries play it than any other. Anyway, is that Australian Football? Boring, just like American Football (and I have tried to watch it, before anyone starts).

Football>AFL anyday of the week. Football is the worldwide game. AFL is only played in Australia. Although I do like AFL though and it's a good sport, it's got nothing on Football.

Football>AFL anyday of the week. Football is the worldwide game. AFL is only played in Australia. Although I do like AFL though and it's a good sport, it's got nothing on Football.

In terms of popularity Football>Anything else, but I dont think you can compare it with AFL.

Also just because you dont follow something properly, does not make it boring. I find the EPL extremely boring now days.

Said it before, say it again. If AFL truly was the best sport in the world, you wouldn't be starting threads trying to convince us. We 'soccer' fans are quite content to sit back and enjoy the best sport in the world.

The ad is quite hilarious, though quite well done.

However the sport itself is a bigger joke. It's also one of the reason, why I will never take the Western Isle seriously. It just an ugly, horrible mess of a game, thats based on luck rather than any skill. Give me Rugby, Gridiron & Soccer, heck you can even give me lawn bowls over this any day.

Last edited:
The ad is quite hilarious, though quite well done.

However the sport itself is a bigger joke. It's also one of the reason, why I will never take the Western Isle seriously. It just an ugly, horrible mess of a game, thats based on luck rather than any skill. Give me Rugby, Gridiron & Soccer, heck you can even give me lawn bowls over this any day.
OMG no way is it luck! You really have to have skill to be able to play it. I mean I play Aussie rules and the players that have no skill don't get the ball. What you've said's all wrong:mad:

When AFL starts being played by every nation worldwide then i'll start to think of the remote possibility that it's worth touching football in terms of greatness.

I am probably the most passionate AFL supporter you'll get to know. But even i believe that AFL is not the best sport in the world. Only in Australian it is known for, so i do hope that one day, the AFL does bring out leagues in other countries, so that other countries can witness what a great game AFL is.

I don't watch much soccer, but i still believe it's the best sport in the world by a long long way

Users who are viewing this thread