Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

The ad is quite hilarious, though quite well done.

However the sport itself is a bigger joke. It's also one of the reason, why I will never take the Western Isle seriously. It just an ugly, horrible mess of a game, thats based on luck rather than any skill. Give me Rugby, Gridiron & Soccer, heck you can even give me lawn bowls over this any day.

Couldn't have said it better myself. AFL is such an ugly, messy game.

Yeah, but not as much as AFL fans talk up. You need to basically be able to kick a ball and catch it. Once you have that down you start learning the other skills like banana kicks, jumping on someones back or whatever they do. Basically, it all revolves around tackling, kicking and catching which to be fair are 3 easy skills to learn.

That said, AFL players can't even catch a ball rolling along the ground if theres anyone else near them. That's what makes it so messy, the ball is just rolling around everywhere.

Soccer's the most overrated sport in the world. It's probably the most popular sport in terms of wide-spread in smaller countries but none of the big countries could care less about it. Plus if the entire world really liked Soccer then the most well-known soccer organisation wouldn't be held in England.

Don't get me started on Rugby either. That's even MORE boring then what Soccer is. The only difference between Soccer & Rugby is that soccer actually takes skill but otherwise both sports are terrible for viewing and playing.

AFL, Cricket, Tennis, Basketball and Golf are all better to watch and play then Soccer & Rugby.

LMAO and Germany, Japan, America are all huge AFL-playing nations? 'Soccer organisation'?. You mean the Premier League or Fifa because they're based in Switzerland.

What do you mean by smaller countries? While AFL is played in one country, football (I prefer to call it) is played across continents. South America and Europe taken together play the sport as their no.1.

Countries like Macedonia, Argentina, etc and more countries that I've never heard of before I came against crazed soccer fans.

An ad doesn't make AFL better than football. The whole claim is laughable. Big countries do play football (since when was Argentina a small nation?) as well as the smaller ones. Ben's hatred for anything English is blocking this off. No other sport has the history and passion of football. Would people flock to see the 69th best AFL in the country. No. They would in football.

Obviously that's going to happen easier for the English when they've got a bigger population and a smaller country. Soccer's only bigger because that's what people were brought up with. It's a simple game aswell, anyone would know how to play soccer.

Quite frankly, I don't get why soccer is so popular. It's a boring game. What's the point in watching a 90 minute game of soccer that ends in a nil-all draw. AFL has all you could ever want in a game of football. Soccer doesn't.

I like cricket way more then I do AFL but I'll gladly admit that AFL is a better sport to watch and play, because it is.

Good thing AFL has over soccer, it's more high scoring which is more pleasurable to the fans. Scores of 90-100 mostly every game (except sydney) who are the most boring team to watch :p

That's what non-football fans don't get. You don't need goals to have an exciting game. A 0-0 can be exciting. They are rare nowadays anyhow.

If football started awarding 50 points for each goal like AFL do, the score would resemble AFL a bit.

How can a 0-0 draw be exciting. Watch the ball go to one player to another. Kicking it to another. Shot on goal.. miss.. Keeper brings it in, passes to a player, then passes up the ground to another, shots and misses!!!

YAWWWWWNNNNN

Users who are viewing this thread