Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

It is exciting. Just because there are a lot of points in AFL doesn't make it any more exciting. In AFL you score a goal, it goes back to the middle for a restart and that happens like 25 times. That doesn't make it anymore exciting then Soccer just because the numbers are high. AFL fans sound like 7 year old kids who have just learn to count to 100 and any high number like that is exciting.

If it's a shot on goal, and it misses the keeper kicks it out to the middle and it starts again. That happens about 20 times. Missing a goal in soccer has the same result as scoring one in AFL except you don't get points obviously, but the same thing happens!

How can a 0-0 draw be exciting. Watch the ball go to one player to another. Kicking it to another. Shot on goal.. miss.. Keeper brings it in, passes to a player, then passes up the ground to another, shots and misses!!!

YAWWWWWNNNNN
Haha, more like a shot on goal once every 15 minutes with back and fourth nonsense inbetween with it all contributing to nothing. Seriously, the game of soccer goes nowhere. In AFL, a team can be trailing by 6 goals and end up losing the game. The comebacks in AFL are more defining because it is just more then a few flukey shots.

Ok guys this conflicts getting really annoying. Soccer is more popular than AFL. Even in Australia it almost is. Personally I like AFL more than soccer. All sports have ups and downs to it. For example in a soccer match it can get really exciting with great runs, awesome shots at goal and great skills but sometimes it can get a bit kick to kick and boring. As for AFL a great example is the St.Kilda v.s Sydney game last week, it was the most boring game and it was quite sloppy. But others games can get very skiled and entertaining like the Bulldogs or Carlton last week. So overall both sports have it's up and downs and everyone has a different opinion so I think it's impossible to decide what sports better. Soccer is by far more popular though.

Haha, more like a shot on goal once every 15 minutes with back and fourth nonsense inbetween with it all contributing to nothing. Seriously, the game of soccer goes nowhere. In AFL, a team can be trailing by 6 goals and end up losing the game. The comebacks in AFL are more defining because it is just more then a few flukey shots.

Haha, yeah there are totally only 6 shots a game in soccer! Lol at the flukey shots, so players like Gerrard for example must be pretty lucky guys!

Great post ben. (y)

Yes there are many many football games which have been brilliant despite ending 0-0. Infact if we have high scoring games in football, you would have to believe that the defences are useless. In La Liga, every game is usally exciting.

Last edited:
Like others have said a 0-0 draw can be interesting, especially if a game has had many scoring chances that have been denied by good keeping or some very close misses. Heck low-scoring Rugby League can be quite exciting, take the Parramatta-St George game a few years back, very little points yet it was a very exciting finish.

To me and a lot of people, 2 hours of a ridiculously high scoring, all-male Conga Line group therapy fest that is fumbleball, doesn't constitute any form of entertainment.

Though I would like to pose this question to AFL fans.

How interesting is a low scoring AFL match to you? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If it's Sydney playing, then it's hell boring. But as well, it could be very entertaining with the skills and the amount of tackles and physical contact can be applied

I'm sure if you kicked a soccer player in the balls, he'd fall down, roll around and cry like a little girl. But if you hit an AFL player in the balls, he'd take it like a man and continue with the game.

I'm sure if you kicked a soccer player in the balls, he'd fall down, roll around and cry like a little girl. But if you hit an AFL player in the balls, he'd take it like a man and continue with the game.

So - if you kick a MAN in the balls, he will cry like a LITTLE GIRL? Doesn't add up.

skater added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Will she cry because she has just realise she's NOT a little girl?

Good advert.

Not going to get into a greatest sport debate. Personally, the greatest sport is the one that YOU like the best. Afterall does anyone else's opinion really matter?

One thing I will say about football is that it is a simple game, that is true, anyone can play it anywhere. I used to play it in the school yard with a coke can because balls were banned from the yard. I used to play it in my street as a kid, we'd stop the game when a car came along! "Jumpers for goalposts" is a famous phrase and it's very true. There aren't many sports can you play anywhere with anything that is to hand.

Feels like we've had this argument before. This is what I said last time.

Agree with what Kev said, basically. If you like a sport the ways another sport differs from it are viewed as weaknesses, when really they're just differences. As I said in my other post the lack of an offside rule in AFL seems strange to someone raised on association football or rugby, but it isn't inherently better or worse. One man's unstructured mess is another's free-flowing fluid game.

Users who are viewing this thread