Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Even when it is a 0-0 and few chances are made I still enjoy it. It shows two defences being tested and it's one huge battle. I love it.

Is anyone else reminded of that Simpsons episode where Kent Brockman is commentating and its really boring, then cut to the Mexican commentator and he's saying the exact same thing but its exciting?

Edit:

If you don't, then try typing 9VgZjzHRQlo into a certain video hosting site that we all know and love, but I can't link to here for copyright reasons :spy

Last edited:
No scoring = No entertainment

You'd be better off watching pingpong then soccer. Atleast something is always happening.

Rubbish! Some 0-0 games can be massively entertaining. What about the game between England and Portugal at the last World Cup? That was 0-0, you saying that wasn't a good game and great entertainment?

How can a 0-0 draw be exciting. Watch the ball go to one player to another. Kicking it to another. Shot on goal.. miss.. Keeper brings it in, passes to a player, then passes up the ground to another, shots and misses!!!

YAWWWWWNNNNN

See above. And that's just one example. And as someone said, 0-0 is rare these days.

It's illegal in football for an outfield player to handle the ball in any area of the pitch. Therefore, since AFL is about handling the ball, you're watching a bunch of cheats picking the ball up and running away from eachother.

Like others have said a 0-0 draw can be interesting, especially if a game has had many scoring chances that have been denied by good keeping or some very close misses. Heck low-scoring Rugby League can be quite exciting, take the Parramatta-St George game a few years back, very little points yet it was a very exciting finish.

To me and a lot of people, 2 hours of a ridiculously high scoring, all-male Conga Line group therapy fest that is fumbleball, doesn't constitute any form of entertainment.

Though I would like to pose this question to AFL fans.

How interesting is a low scoring AFL match to you? :rolleyes:

That St George - Parra game was one of the best I have been too. 1-0 after 78 minutes was amazing. I remember the attack wasn't all that bad but the defence from both sides was brilliant! It finished 8-1 but only because Cooper scored in the last second. Otherwise it would have been 2-1.

I'm sure if you kicked a soccer player in the balls, he'd fall down, roll around and cry like a little girl. But if you hit an AFL player in the balls, he'd take it like a man and continue with the game.

That's because AFL players have no balls.

Lol and soccer players do? When they dive for a free kick, and sook after getting love tapped in the shin

It's illegal in football for an outfield player to handle the ball in any area of the pitch. Therefore, since AFL is about handling the ball, you're watching a bunch of cheats picking the ball up and running away from eachother.

Ha ha! Same goes for American 'Football'. Why are these games called 'football' when one of the last things you ever do is actually put your foot to the ball??

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

I'm sure if you kicked a soccer player in the balls, he'd fall down, roll around and cry like a little girl. But if you hit an AFL player in the balls, he'd take it like a man and continue with the game.

Maybe they wear a protector, like the 'box' in Cricket...

And I agree with what others are saying: if a man gets kicked in the balls and doesn't react, he hasn't got any balls. Therefore, since AFL players don't react, they can't possibly have any balls. Which means they're not even men, in the first place. :D

Oh and to add: Many people get interested in football (and maintain their interest) when they watch their first World Cup (it was that way with me back in '86). Can you see the same happening with AFL? I don't think so!!

Last edited:
How dare soccer players have penises. They should all have them removed like AFL players.

AFL Fans determine wether they should like the sport, due to the AFL Grand Final in the first Saturday in September. Only then, will the true emotions of the game come out.

People love the game, they watch the Grand Final even if it isn't their own team playing in it

So why is it that WWE Superstars, when they take a low blow, react accordingly? And there is actual contact, before anyone starts with the 'fake' stuff. Are you saying that AFL players are more man than them? Triple H by himself could take down a whole damn team!

So why is it that WWE Superstars, when they take a low blow, react accordingly? And there is actual contact, before anyone starts with the 'fake' stuff. Are you saying that AFL players are more man than them? Triple H by himself could take down a whole damn team!

Mate because everything on wrestling is fake. I realised that a LOOONG time ago

Oh and to add: Many people get interested in football (and maintain their interest) when they watch their first World Cup (it was that way with me back in '86). Can you see the same happening with AFL? I don't think so!!

That's what happened with me and the 06 World Cup. Before then I hated soccer and payed it out every chance I got, but I still watched the WC to support Australia. After that I started to watch it a little more and now I'm a fan. :)

Users who are viewing this thread