Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Atmosphere doesn't bring excitement. That is a stupid statement.

I watched highlights of the AFL on setanta, it's like a morgue. Awful fans. No passion whatsoever.

Any sport that completely stops due to a bit of bad light or bad weather is by no means the best sport.

Any sport that completely stops due to a bit of bad light or bad weather is by no means the best sport.

That's true. I love cricket, but it's not the best sport out there, football is. Cricket can be very boring at times, whereas it's rare to get a completely boring football match.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

The AFL Grand Final has a better atmosphere then any Soccer game.

Atmosphere brings excitement and there is nothing exciting about watching a game of soccer.

Better than the World Cup final? Or the FA Cup final? Or in fact, any major football final? Take off the Aussie blinkers, you'll go blind!

Ben could say the same to you "take off the pommy blinkers". At the end of the day, Sport's subjective, different people find different sports entertaining. Alot of people like Rugby, but I hate it. I personally like both football and cricket, but if I had to choose between the 2 I'd go for Cricket. It's just down to personal opinion. I've seen abit of AFL and can see why it's popular, it was incredibly entertaining to watch, and I'll definitely be catching abit of AFL this year!

There's only one way to settle this. Let's post phone camera clips from football matches. I'll start with this beauty from Anfield starring our Timmy;

I love Scousers. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Atmosphere isn't subjective though. Well there isn't any atmsophere anyway to judge at AFL games.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Here's a question for you - how many of you have been to both an AFL and soccer game?

I have, and I can assure you that AFL is a million times better.

It's not even worth arguing over really, AFL is the natural evolution of other codes really, we took the best of a few different sports and created the awesomeness that is Australian Rules Football.

I guarantee you that if you had the opportunity to regularly watch AFL football and you gave it a chance, you would prefer it to soccer. I don't understand how anyone can, and don't give me atmosphere, I don't care about atmosphere, the reason AFL doesn't have people going nuts and singing and throwing flares onto the ground is because they actually watch the football on show and can't afford to miss a second. There are people like that in the standing room who only come to drink and shout, but frankly I prefer a sport that is exciting to watch than one that is so slow that people are making the game more interesting by chanting.

AFL is faster, more physical, higher scoring, uses more skills, is better. I don't hate soccer but in comparison to AFL, it's as exciting as lawn bowls.

Just watch this, best team goal I've ever seen:

And I much prefer the atmosphere like that, where the team is playing beautiful footy and the crowd gets more excited with each play, and as it goes through the goals the crowd cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting how the AFL ad pays out a wide range of sports except for cricket.

AFL doesn't have atmosphere, because there is no chanting or anything, no supporting. Theres a large crowd with constant loud murmuring noise but everyone knows that if you have chants coming from 2 different large supporter groups at either end of the ground, singing their lungs out, that's atmosphere.

I find it interesting how the AFL ad pays out a wide range of sports except for cricket.
Cricket + AFL = Australia

The best country in the world.

The only atmosphere soccer creates is the smell of a fatman on a beanbag, releasing gas, shortly after falling asleep due to how BORING the game of soccer is.

No point trying plead your case as to what is better. Some people may thing croquet is the best sport in world. But it's all down to personal opinion. To be honest, I don't give a rats arse if the Poms or Americans don't like it. I don't care who's chants or whatever is better.

I just love the game of Australia Rules Football. The passion, the skill everything about it. But there is no way you can prove that a sport is better. It will just be a never-ending argument.

PS. It's played on more than one country.

The video makes AFL look like a messed up version of rugby. There wasnt one chance for the opposition to win the ball back there which is ludicrous. Theres no way I could get as passionate about that as I can football.

Users who are viewing this thread