Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

A plane costs allot more then a car drive and travelling on a train for so long is depressing. Obviously, money is better used on your family then on a football game, so people drive. It shows passion.

It's not as bad as going to a soccer game though, I mean what a waste of time that is.

Isn't soccer known around the world as football now?

Anyway I'm sure a football fan would say the exact same thing about going to an AFL game...

AFL doesn't have atmosphere, because there is no chanting or anything, no supporting. Theres a large crowd with constant loud murmuring noise but everyone knows that if you have chants coming from 2 different large supporter groups at either end of the ground, singing their lungs out, that's atmosphere.

thats coz sydney supporters are shite. There is allot of chanting, listen to the magpie crowd. They chant ALLOT

I've seen lots of teams, like I've told you before I've watched about 10-20 AFL matches, so my opinion on the sport is valid. I rarely hear chanting, and when they do chant it's the same one over and over, and it's only when their team is in a good position.

Isn't soccer known around the world as football now?

Anyway I'm sure a football fan would say the exact same thing about going to an AFL game...

Yeps.

I've seen lots of teams, like I've told you before I've watched about 10-20 AFL matches, so my opinion on the sport is valid. I rarely hear chanting, and when they do chant it's the same one over and over, and it's only when their team is in a good position.

It's the same with American sports. You know that chant they use in WWE like 'let's go Taker/Let's go Edge!' or whatever? That's the only chant they use! I don't hear any proper songs or anything? Now, listen to a pumped up football match and vive la difference... :)

Anyone who feels that AFL is better than football and that football is boring, needs to have seen this weekend's action, not least Fulham v Liverpool (damn Benayoun) and Man Utd v Villa (Go, Macheda!!)

I watched the AFL Grand Final last year, and I have to say, I did really enjoy it, but watched some AFL this morning and it was pretty awful tbh. Might have just been a bad game, but the Ref was annoying as flip. Just constantly kept blowing his whistle for no apparent reason, everytime someone passed or kicked the ball he'd blow his annoying sounding whistle. The action may have been decent, and the atmosphere did sound good, but the damn referee just completely ruined the game for me. Not all AFL Refs are like that are they?

I watched the AFL Grand Final last year, and I have to say, I did really enjoy it, but watched some AFL this morning and it was pretty awful tbh. Might have just been a bad game, but the Ref was annoying as flip. Just constantly kept blowing his whistle for no apparent reason, everytime someone passed or kicked the ball he'd blow his annoying sounding whistle. The action may have been decent, and the atmosphere did sound good, but the damn referee just completely ruined the game for me. Not all AFL Refs are like that are they?

The umpires is whats wrong with our current game at the moment. They are horrible. Ecspecially when they favour one side like on the weekend to St.Kilda. Poor umpiring results in a boring poor match

They blow the whistle every time a mark (Catch) is taken. What game did you watch?

Gilly Fan added 35 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

They blow the whistle every time a mark (Catch) is taken. What game did you watch?

Well one common thing about soccer and AFL is that we both hate the umpirers (refs):D

Users who are viewing this thread