Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Oh right, still incredibly annoying though, is there any reason why they bother doing that?

Erm, I think it was West Coast Eagles vs Port Adelaide. Not 100% sure though.

To signify that the mark has been taken, otherwise if they didn't then the opposing player wouldn't know if he had marked it or not. It eliminates the confusion.

stevo1 added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

AFL doesn't have atmosphere, because there is no chanting or anything, no supporting. Theres a large crowd with constant loud murmuring noise but everyone knows that if you have chants coming from 2 different large supporter groups at either end of the ground, singing their lungs out, that's atmosphere.

Crap statement, so your basing atmosphere on chanting, just because AFL doesn't have chanting like Soccer doesn't mean there is no atmosphere.

I love AFL and like Soccer and appreciate both sports capabilities and so should everyone, each sport as it's own uniqueness and I think people should just accept that.

Oh right, still incredibly annoying though, is there any reason why they bother doing that?

Watch close Geelong games. If the game is close then obviously the quality of the football is going to be first-class.

To signify that the mark has been taken, otherwise if they didn't then the opposing player wouldn't know if he had marked it or not. It eliminates the confusion.

stevo1 added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Crap statement, so your basing atmosphere on chanting, just because AFL doesn't have chanting like Soccer doesn't mean there is no atmosphere.

I love AFL and like Soccer and appreciate both sports capabilities and so should everyone, each sport as it's own uniqueness and I think people should just accept that.

Exactly how can you have a decent atmosphere with no chanting? I remember one football match (World Cup, I think), where there was no chanting, just endless blaring of horns. It was boring and very annoying! No chanting = no atmosphere.

I watched the Adelaide Crows when I was there. Apart from having no idea what was going on, it was pretty entertaining. Still the atmosphere at St James is way better and I knew what was going on ;) Only thing I don't like about football is that they are a bunch of sissy's and fall over for nothing (cough cough, Ronaldo)

Then again, Ben is getting off on trying to be an annoying, arrogant twit (even more than normal ;)) so I'll take his posts with a pinch of salt

I watched the Adelaide Crows when I was there. Apart from having no idea what was going on, it was pretty entertaining. Still the atmosphere at St James is way better and I knew what was going on ;) Only thing I don't like about football is that they are a bunch of sissy's and fall over for nothing (cough cough, Ronaldo)

Then again, Ben is getting off on trying to be an annoying, arrogant twit (even more than normal ;)) so I'll take his posts with a pinch of salt

Not just him though, is it? Lots of them do it (cough, cough Drogba). It's not because they're weak of course, it's because they no longer believe in fair play and are prepared to feign injury to get a pen/freekick/get someone sent off.

Exactly how can you have a decent atmosphere with no chanting? I remember one football match (World Cup, I think), where there was no chanting, just endless blaring of horns. It was boring and very annoying! No chanting = no atmosphere.

Re-read carefully what I said.

Probably because it was a one sided game.

Not really the greatest quality, but it's probably the greatest finish to a grand final ever (imo).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-read carefully what I said.

You said:

I re read it and I still don't agree. No chanting, no atmosphere. Otherwise, where the hell does the atmosphere come from if the fans aren't singing/chanting?

Anyway, there are many, many other ways that football thrashes AFL that I can't be bothered to list right now. And why should someone appreciate a sport if they find it as boring as hell?

The World Cup
The European Championships, Copa America (and other continental tournaments)
The Champions League
The FA Cup (oldest cup competition in the world)
The Premier League

AFL has

AFL
That thing you do with Ireland

I stood in dog turd the other day. Lifted my shoe up and thought wow there's an AFL game being played on my shoe but then I realised that AFL would never be as exciting as a steaming hot dog turd.

Users who are viewing this thread