PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

However I've a bug to report: (@fiction )
So, this one time I make a batsman play n miss a few and on the last ball of the over extracted one of those new leading edge to gully. Given it went to gully and not the WK, I didn't feel the need to appeal for a catch. Before I realised that AI isn't appealing/celebrating by itself and I need to manual appeal, it was too late. The game moved on to the next animation of fielder throwing the ball back to stumps and d-pad Up just didn't work. I couldn't appeal. After how in my head and in the game I set up the batsman and finally making him edge one, it hurt real bad when I couldn't appeal for an obvious catch to gully/point.

I wish I had recorded for you guys to see it but I was busy consoling myself with posts I had read here about how these bugs make you realise it's just a game and I need to get on with it. But it hurt sooo bad.

Can you guys have somebody look into this?

PS: This was on PS3 in career mode 4-day FC game.

I think you need to appeal for every edge, which is a bit odd when it's a big thick one to gully. Maybe it should be changed so you only have to appeal for thin edges, if that can be done.

I appeal even if they haven't edged it, you never know if the umpire is having an off day :D[DOUBLEPOST=1411332220][/DOUBLEPOST]Can i just add my thanks to Big Ant for their continued work on this game, this new patch for consoles has sparked me back to the life with the game, it's awesome and I am now locked away for hours playing it.

Thankyou!!

I'm liking the new patch especially with the new stump physics and watching the stumps and bails flying everywhere and nearly decapitating the wicket keeper.

Mode: Career/Pro
Match Type: 4-day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): varies
Ground: multiple
Teams: Varies
Get Best: Probably
Description of Issue: If you get run out going for a third run, you only get credited with one run rather than 2. I've seen this about 4 times now, on various patch versions on PS3. Not a biggie, but anything that misapplies cricket rules is going to get attention.

Hi all. Good to find a forum for this game. Really enjoying this game with the new patch. I play on xbox 360. The key that has made this game almost perfect to play is the fact that defensive shots are now safer than attacking strokes – like real cricket. Finally a decent cricket game is here. Had some awesome matches this weekend.

Just want to share how I am getting good experiences when batting. When the bowler starts his run-up I depress the right trigger for a defensive shot. Depending on the situation (test matches, 20/20) depends on how attacking I play. For example, in test matches I will defend all good balls on the stumps, and play only at loose deliveries. In T20, I will be more liberal. As my batsman gets more confident, then I play more attacking.

A tough thing to overcome with this game has been nailing the reaction times to play pace bowling effectively. The above method is easy to execute against spin. But with pace it is simply too hard to play each ball on merit. So what I’ve done, which I’m guessing most won’t want to do, is turn all my opponent pace bowlers into medium pacers. This allows me more reaction time to play each ball on merit. Individual skills of bowlers still mean that certain bowlers are quicker than others. For example, Mitchell Johnson and Mitchell Starc are considerably quicker than Shane Watson and James Falkner in the game, even though they are all now listed as ‘medium’.

I bat on broadcast mode. Why? Cos I think it’s the best looking camera. It looks beautiful. Especially when batting against medium pace bowlers – the camera position is perfect. Plus I find it considerably easy to hit square of the wicket on the off-side. There is no better feeling than cracking a square cut behind point in this game. But I find in pro camera it is too difficult to execute.

What is everyone else’s method to batting?

Mode: Career/Pro
Match Type: 4-day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): varies
Ground: multiple
Teams: Varies
Get Best: Probably
Description of Issue: If you get run out going for a third run, you only get credited with one run rather than 2. I've seen this about 4 times now, on various patch versions on PS3. Not a biggie, but anything that misapplies cricket rules is going to get attention.
I've never heard of or experienced such an issue. A video would be necessary to investigate it further as this is the first time someone has reported it.

What is everyone else’s method to batting?

Against pace bowlers, I generally premeditate the shot. AI bowling on legs is actually a boon for me. I find it just (next to) impossible to watch and play the pace bowlers, I can't even read the coloured circles before its too late to execute any shot(including defensive ones).

Against medium bowlers, to watch and play, I need to focus real hard - which I think is causing my eyesight to suffer, seriously. But its feasible.

Against spinners is where I think the fun is. I can actually watch the ball then decide on footwork and play a shot.

Or it could just be that I suck at batting in this game.[DOUBLEPOST=1411355559][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you need to appeal for every edge, which is a bit odd when it's a big thick one to gully. Maybe it should be changed so you only have to appeal for thin edges, if that can be done.

I remember reading in the manual that we need to appeal only for the thin edges. Not for the obvious thick ones.

Maybe somebody from @BigAntStudios can clarify.

I've never heard of or experienced such an issue. A video would be necessary to investigate it further as this is the first time someone has reported it.

I'm on PS3, you're not getting a video I'm afraid. Earlier, I got run out accidentally going for a fourth - I hit the NO button, but didn't make it back in time. Credited with one run. Again, not a biggie but I thought I'd mention it. What you do with it is entirely up to you of course.

Played online today for the first time after patch 2.5. Have to say it was so much more smooth than i remember from before. Not sure if it is this patch or whether it is my internet (recently updated to 30mbps from 3 :P). Still, i have not seen any of those ground shots being called catch out or anything like that.

A few bugs, there was a run out where the batsman dived and he was well within the crease and the stumps got knocked over and the third umpire gave it out. Talking to the person i played with sounded like that wasnt the case in his end and the batsman although dived and came inside the crease, he bent his elbow and the bat came out of the crease and the stumps got knocked over.

Second bug was i bowled a front foot no ball and the free hit was coming up. Just when i started my run up the game lost connection. We saved and restarted. Bowled that deliery. He got bowled and was given out even though it was supposed to be free hit. The screen even showed the deliveries in that over and it said 0 1 2nb W .

I can second this bug. My batsman was on 49, he ran two before being run out going for the third and was credited with only 1 run. Out for 50.

I can second this bug. My batsman was on 49, he ran two before being run out going for the third and was credited with only 1 run. Out for 50.
I can third it. Has happened to me twice. On PS3 so again, no video but these are the only two times I've been run out attempting a third.

I can also second the post further up about being out off a free-hit following a front foot no-ball. Except in my case there was no save and re-load in between.

English Pro-40 match on career mode, PS3. The AI faced the No-ball and took a single. I faced what should have been a the free-hit and was given out caught on the cover boundary. Have faced free-hits which I believe worked as they should have in the past. Wondering if this bug is related to having switched strikers between the no-ball and the free hit?

I've had this a few times too, also the overthrow only ever gives you one extra run even if you ran 2 before the boundary. No big deal but would be nice if fixed.

Cheers, guys. Will bug it up.

EDIT: Have you ever encountered this outside of career mode?

I've had this a few times too, also the overthrow only ever gives you one extra run even if you ran 2 before the boundary. No big deal but would be nice if fixed.

I've had the second one recently too - ran three, was expecting 7 from the four overthrows but was only given 5.

Not me, but I only play career mode I'm afraid.

Yes, in casual mode.[DOUBLEPOST=1411366455][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can third it. Has happened to me twice. On PS3 so again, no video but these are the only two times I've been run out attempting a third.

I can also second the post further up about being out off a free-hit following a front foot no-ball. Except in my case there was no save and re-load in between.

English Pro-40 match on career mode, PS3. The AI faced the No-ball and took a single. I faced what should have been a the free-hit and was given out caught on the cover boundary. Have faced free-hits which I believe worked as they should have in the past. Wondering if this bug is related to having switched strikers between the no-ball and the free hit?

Free-hits don't exist in Pro-40 I'm pretty sure - the settings in the academy will confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread