PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

I had one career game crash, which has never happened to me before. Played for a few hours after that without incident, so it may be nothing.

Other than that, this patch fixes everything that, for me, needed to be fixed. From here on in any updates will be in the "nice to have" category. Best cricket game ever, no contest. I swear I can smell zinc cream. Possibly will be the best sports sim ever in terms of gameplay and immersion, if not this gen then the next one. Awesome job.

I get to play this game very rarely due to time constraints. Played today after probably three weeks. Before that once or twice a month at most. Either I have completely forgotten how the game used to be or this patch has made some huge difference. It feels so polished now. Other than a few niggles here and there.

Question for people playing on ps3, has the catching mechanism changed? I tend to drop most catches. I am using the right analog stick. Thats the one we are supposed to use, right?

Regarding bugs, someone posted a picture of the loading screen with white box, although i did not have that issue, the logo for the weather icons took a few second to come on.

Totally agree autocrat this latest patch makes the game nearly perfect.
The only sports game I think comes close to this is the show.

This patch sounds excellent will update asap, thank you Ross and team. Out of curiosity what batting camera is proving to be the most successful? I switch between far and broadcast.

Last edited:
Hey, thats great news! Is the pull shot and cut shot playing in the air straight to fielder has been fixed or not? that was one thing i wanted you guys to fix. Rest is Awesome!!!

Question for people playing on ps3, has the catching mechanism changed? I tend to drop most catches. I am using the right analog stick. Thats the one we are supposed to use, right?

Yes, it is the right analogue stick and yes, I've noticed that something seems to have changed also. To me it seems that in-field catches and caught-and-bowled dismissals are the same and didn't need changing. With out-field it seems like you need different timing. What's working for me is waiting until the ball has passed the highest point of it's trajectory and is on it's way down before holding a direction with the right stick. To me, if that's the case, it adds just a little challenge and seems to be the right thing to do for otherwise too easy catching.

Looks like I will have to wait for the weekend to test out the new patch. Damn the perils of awfully busy professional life.

I've been away for 2 days from the forum, and I come back to learn that there's a patch,,,Awesome stuff, cant wait to play DBC all over again,,,Thanx Ross

just one query, is that patch 1.03 or 2.5 as i yesterday dowloaded on ps3 and that showing 1.03 where as subject says 2.5 patch id.

also noticed one more thing regarding alert i.e "any save game in the last version of dbc cannot be played with ... version of game "

also noticed one more thing regarding alert i.e "any save game in the last version of dbc cannot be played with ... version of game "
That alert is to tell you that you can't play save games from the new version on the game without the patch.

and what about release number 1.03 is correct ?

I have been one of the whiners who have complained on the difficulty in batting and even worried about wasting money in this game for a brief period of time.
But The level of assistance and support provided by big ant for this game is astonishing and i agree with a post that any cricket lover not playing this game is wasting some thing. wow! First hats off to the good minds of people designing this game and for the abundance of options which i have seen and not even able to explore yet. I have even designed a multi team 2 innings one day tournament but could not play due to this even more addictive Career option. The BAs constantly communicating here deserves a special hats off and you people are REALLY good. Appreciate your professional ethics in making us welcome in reaching out to you.

The latest patch fixed a few things i was really struggling with .. Mainly the stroke play has been made a bit easier [though the AI (Thor/iron man like fielders) fly and pouch single handed screamers when the ball is in the air], and i feel it is making the game closer to reality. Slam bam dash cant be possible starting with Pro level, but still we can have a SR of 200 with planned off drives, on drives, shots between EC and Long off, flicks to square leg and MWkt and occasional glides to third man. I made 85 of 43 balls with 1 six and 8 fours in veteran level. my earlier HS was 35 off 50 something before the patch. The patch has not made batting darn simple but it made it little easier to play with proper footwork and less aggression. And i can take atleast 4-6 wickets with bowling proper deliveries based on the weakness of the AI batsman, (As a SLA i bowl (good length) Googly , googly, topspinner and a googly for a front foot weakness and (full/short length) flighted off breaks and full drifters to back foot weaknesses)

also regarding the New patch in PC , if the pattern followed is correct ( i.e Previous patch took 2.5 weeks after PC deploy) should we be bracing ourselves for a new interim one in October first week ? ;)

Neverthless, u have made this game absolutely relishable and even if i play for an hour a day , the happy feelings lingers the mind.
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST !! and please sweep us off the feet with ur patch 3.

Hello Everybody,
After months of reading posts on this forum & playing the game I decided
to do my first post. After I installed the update yesterday I played a T20 match & man
was I impressed. A big thank you to Ross & his team for giving us an excellent cricket game that will bring many hours of pleasure. I got 2 brilliant edges to 2nd slip & saw the middle stump flying off Dale Stain's bowling. Now for the batting tonight. Keep up the good work guys:yes

Users who are viewing this thread