PS3/360 Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Just got update for PS3 ,I missed what it said about patch effect on my saved games ?
Anyone help thx
Graham
It works with saved games, no need to start fresh...

How should I install the patch.. Mine is xbox 360 I purchased the CD of DBC and playing. Do I need to take off the cd out of the console and place it again for the patch??.. Please guide..

Hello BAs,

I want to raise an issue which i have been observing recently and i guess this might be residing even before this patch.
Unfortunately i would not be able to provide a video or a screenshot but ill try to be descriptive as i can.

Below are the Steps to Replicate :

Mode: Career
Match Type: All applicable Matches
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Before for the first ball of the career player's team batting
Ground: n/a
Teams:
n/a
Get Best: Yes
Difficulty : Rookie
Game Source : PS3 / Disc
Observed during : Both Setting and Chasing

Description of Issue / Steps To Replicate:

Career Player is the Captain of the Club (in this case Lancashire) and bats at # 5 position.

1) Career player's team openers get ready to face the first ball. Make the following changes before the Opponent bowler is ready to bowl the first ball.
2) Press the right key in the direction pad to change the batting order and select the career player as the Next Batsman.
3) Immediately Press Select and in the pause Menu, select Simulate .
4) Under the simulate Menu ->
a) Select the overs to 10 ,
b) Set the number of runs to OFF ,
c) retain the option for Stop after a wicket
d) De select Stop after the session
Press simulate.

After the first wicket falls, Regular # 3 batsman is taking the strike and not the selected career player.

But when i simulate the game after the first ball is bowled, i am able to see my career player coming in as the # 3 batsman.

Note : Also at times (Not exactly sure about when) i dont see the walking of the career player and post simulation my batsman will be already there in the batting crease.

This is not a Show Stopper or a huge one. But just wanted to bring it your notice about this issue. Please let me know if you would need any details on that.

Hi BigAntStudios,

Great work on the new patch.

I've continued playing my career along with offline 1-on-1 game with a buddy.

So, far it looks better than the previous version(post patch 2). Here are the few things I noticed:
1) It's now feasible to grind out long innings thanks to the reliable defensive shots.
2) Bowling is something I'll redo in my head. Most of my wickets used to come via c&b but given the straight drive is now finally here, I don't get c&b dismissals as often which is actually fine. I'll now have to start focusing on slips etc.
3) Given the changes in how more shots go along the ground, I've started setting custom fields a lot more than I used to and try to bowl to my fields. Feature Request: Can we have an option to save custom fields?

So far, the patch has given me more confidence while batting (which was something I was very desperate for) and more challenges while bowling.

However I've a bug to report: (@fiction )
So, this one time I make a batsman play n miss a few and on the last ball of the over extracted one of those new leading edge to gully. Given it went to gully and not the WK, I didn't feel the need to appeal for a catch. Before I realised that AI isn't appealing/celebrating by itself and I need to manual appeal, it was too late. The game moved on to the next animation of fielder throwing the ball back to stumps and d-pad Up just didn't work. I couldn't appeal. After how in my head and in the game I set up the batsman and finally making him edge one, it hurt real bad when I couldn't appeal for an obvious catch to gully/point.

I wish I had recorded for you guys to see it but I was busy consoling myself with posts I had read here about how these bugs make you realise it's just a game and I need to get on with it. But it hurt sooo bad.

Can you guys have somebody look into this?

PS: This was on PS3 in career mode 4-day FC game.

@fiction @BigAntStudios

So, yesterday I got AI to nick an out-swinger to second-slip and still had to appeal? I waited just a little while(not too long because of the incident mentioned above) but they didn't celebrate(they didn't once I manually appealed). Isn't a catch to second slip a 'thick' edge? Or, for now, we need to appeal for all the edges?

Hello Everyone...After I updated to patch 2.5 I played for an hour,Game froze then the game is unable to go past the initial startup screens.Its just turns blank...can anyone help on this issue.Thanks

I'm just proud to have kept my mouth shut up until the release of the patch - surprised a lot of people around here! :yes

Hello Ross..After I updated to patch 2.5 on xbox360 I played for an hour,Game froze then the game is unable to go past the initial startup screens.Its just turns blank...can youhelp me on this issue.Thanks..I have also cleared the game profile & updated again.

Last edited:
Hello Ross..After I updated to patch 2.5 on xbox360 I played for an hour,Game froze then the game is unable to go past the initial startup screens.Its just turns blank...can youhelp me on this issue.Thanks..I have also cleared the game profile & updated again.

@HBK619 or @fiction will be in touch.

I've just popped the game on and downloaded the update. I started a new career with a fast bowler, and unfortunately it seems that the issue with only being able to bowl at one speed per delivery type is still there. I bowled an over, 4 normal balls and 2 quicker ones. Both the quicker deliveries were 88.1 mph and the 4 normal ones were 83.9 mph. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

Am I the only one who has never had a single problem with freezing and the other issues with the introduction of the patches?

My old trusty xbox hasn't skipped a beat since the bubonic red rings of death plague back in 06'.

Lucky you mate! My XBox from '07 has never had the red rings of death, but it doesn't like this game!

I get plenty of variation with bowling speeds. By I don't use the bowling HUD when I bowl. Quickly gets too easy to land the needle in the green zone, plus Id rather watch the action than the ugly gauges that take up a massive chunk of the screen

Hey guys.. This update has been particularly good for me.. Become a run machine.. Scored 2 FC hundreds on the trot and few 50s in t20 and 50 overs.. Scored one for India as well in my second odi..

Quick question, I am now playing ipl for rcb. I was starting to find it easy n i was playing pro. Scoring boundaries at will. But suddenly I find it hard to play. Need to take time and play carefully. Has my level gone up? My helmet says 4.

I just read this thinking pfff mine hasn't done anything of the sort, then I turned on DB 14, low and behold, game freezes, blank screen with menu music playing. Now I reset the PS3 and all is well now.

been one of the constant whingers about this game, felt it was pretty iffy on release and patch 2 made it all but unplayable, but definite improvement here, I still find it hard, scoring consistently is a challenge, it's tricky to make a 50 and I'm still vulnerable to getting out caught, bowled, LBW and all the rest but it doesn't feel like every ball is a war where any one of a dozen things can go wrong. I don't feel like certain shots are just off the the agenda, the only problem is retraining myself to be comfortable with playing to leg side after hammering it out of me when patch 2 was released.

excellent stuff, still hoping for a few improvements but it's now at least in the ball park of the game I always hoped it would be, can't wait to have a go with the bowlers again too.

Users who are viewing this thread