BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Platform: PS3
Description of Issue: Can't play the game.
I'm writing this on behalf of my brother. Searched around but can't find anything yet.
My bro bought the game, downloaded the updates, and went to load the game. It continually froze on the first screen (after publisher and developer logos). Where the Don is standing there. So I believe it's just before being able to get to the menu.
I got him to delete the update data, and save data and try again. No luck.
He downloaded the update again, and this time it worked.
He downloaded the latest teams, and went to start a regular game. When the match loaded, the game again froze when the weather was shown.

Pretty frustrating for a guy who just bought the game.
Is there any workarounds that he should be doing so he can just play the game he'd been looking forward to playing for so long?
Thanks.

Did you ever get this to work?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
@MattW @fiction @BigAntStudios

I wasn't able to connect with a friend of mine. Got in to select team screens 1 time (per reboot of game) but dropped out before the game would start.

We're both in the same city - I was on wired connection and he on wireless connection. Both are on the latest version of the game on PS3.

My psn id: MuchMore_7
his psn id: amitesh3101

I've absolutely no idea why we couldn't connect. Can you guys help? Is there anything we can do at our end?

fiction

County Cricketer
@MattW @fiction @BigAntStudios

I wasn't able to connect with a friend of mine. Got in to select team screens 1 time (per reboot of game) but dropped out before the game would start.

We're both in the same city - I was on wired connection and he on wireless connection. Both are on the latest version of the game on PS3.

My psn id: MuchMore_7
his psn id: amitesh3101

I've absolutely no idea why we couldn't connect. Can you guys help? Is there anything we can do at our end?
Unfortunately, there's not much we can do with the info available. I'd suggest you to carry out a few experiments: try a different game with your friend, check whether you can play DBC online with someone else, disconnect your internet connections and start again.

PotsnPans

Club Captain
Has anyone ever brought up an issue with the statistics in career mode? Whenever I check the bowling stats for a competition is returns that everyone has bowled like 400,000 overs they all have the same wickets and economy and everything. It's really messed up. At work so don't have a screenshot or anything to show what I actually mean but has anyone raised anything like that?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone ever brought up an issue with the statistics in career mode? Whenever I check the bowling stats for a competition is returns that everyone has bowled like 400,000 overs they all have the same wickets and economy and everything. It's really messed up. At work so don't have a screenshot or anything to show what I actually mean but has anyone raised anything like that?
I've seen that reported on PS4, but not PS3/360. Have you got the right thread?

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had to stop playing this game after I lost my career...One day I started up the the game, went to career mode and was unable to click the 'continue' button to contine my career path...Is there any explanation for this happening? I lost about 3 years worth of a career.

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
Mode: Casual, T20 game
Description of Issue: I decided to review an appeal for a caught behind that got turned down, as it looked like a close call. But despite the snick-o-meter and the hotspot both showing a faint, but noticeable outside edge on the way to the keeper, the appeal got waved off. How can it not get overturned when the evidence that the AI batsman was out was so obvious?

I immediately forfeited the match in disgust and turned off my PS3 to do something else...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Mode: Casual, T20 game
Description of Issue: I decided to review an appeal for a caught behind that got turned down, as it looked like a close call. But despite the snick-o-meter and the hotspot both showing a faint, but noticeable outside edge on the way to the keeper, the appeal got waved off. How can it not get overturned when the evidence that the AI batsman was out was so obvious?

I immediately forfeited the match in disgust and turned off my PS3 to do something else...

IMO DRS is quite flaky in this iteration especially related to anything other than LBWs. The only DRS reversals I've had on console (PS3) are the LBW related ones... anything else and the decision stands no matter what the evidence on the screen. I would say even some of the run outs look quite poor and nearly all the time you get given run out even if it looks you've crossed the batting crease with bails still on the stumps. Something for Big Ant to work on in the next iteration of the game.

Rohittotti5

School Cricketer
Mode: Career, Test Matches
Description of Issue: happening a lot in Career mode test matches. right stick doesn't respond to the command. when i am selecting the shot i want to play the batsman doesn't move at all. the batsman just standing freezed. cant play a long innings at all. if its a straight delivery batsman is bold or lbw. happens 3-4 times in every inning. seldom happens in one days as well.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
IMO DRS is quite flaky in this iteration especially related to anything other than LBWs. The only DRS reversals I've had on console (PS3) are the LBW related ones... anything else and the decision stands no matter what the evidence on the screen. I would say even some of the run outs look quite poor and nearly all the time you get given run out even if it looks you've crossed the batting crease with bails still on the stumps. Something for Big Ant to work on in the next iteration of the game.

I can second that , you ALMOST know that its pointless to challenge a runout call , let alone the caught behind one where everyone shouts "Catchit!" , before the keeper takes it. You just KNOW its allways out.

Same way your Batter does the "deathturn" when there is a successfull LBW shout , way before the Ump lifts his finger.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can second that , you ALMOST know that its pointless to challenge a runout call , let alone the caught behind one where everyone shouts "Catchit!" , before the keeper takes it. You just KNOW its allways out.

Same way your Batter does the "deathturn" when there is a successfull LBW shout , way before the Ump lifts his finger.

Yup, that dejected head-bowed half turn by the batsman is all we need to see to know he's going to be given out.

Cinz

School Cricketer
Hi, could anyone please help? My son is devastated as he's opened his career mode player to find it's not there anymore. 3 other ones are there that he no longer uses but the 4th and best one has vanished! His game is on XBox 360 and he has definitly saved it properly as he always does.
I read other people reporting this, but never found an answer. Why did it happen? Is there a way of getting the player back? Many thanks

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi, could anyone please help? My son is devastated as he's opened his career mode player to find it's not there anymore. 3 other ones are there that he no longer uses but the 4th and best one has vanished! His game is on XBox 360 and he has definitly saved it properly as he always does.
I read other people reporting this, but never found an answer. Why did it happen? Is there a way of getting the player back? Many thanks

If you have a console, dont even bother trying to ask for help here. Xbox360 and PS3 users have been loyally shafted support wise. (even though we were ones who forked out the most $$$ and got the sales started). Really disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread