PS3 Version vs Xbox 360 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are too many pirates on Xbox 360 scene. By buying the PS3 you will be supporting the developers of the game and better games in the future.

What? I'm willing to accept everything else you've said up to this point.

Please show me how financially and economically, will me buying the PS3 version of the game support Codemasters over the Xbox 360 version?

I still give Codemasters a grand total of 24.95 quid either way, in exchange for a CD.

So again, how will me buying it for PS3 help support them over the Xbox?

I was not targetting anyone. My point was that Xbox 360 can be modified and used to play pirate game discs. On PS3 you don't have that option as the PS3 can not play pirate game discs.

In theory more PS3 V Xbox means more original discs. I am glad you bought the PS3 disc, it means the developers will/publishers will get reward for their effrorts.

Last edited:
I was not targetting anyone. My point was that Xbox 360 can be modified and used to play pirates games. On PS3 you don't have that option as the PS3 can not play pirate game discs.

In theory more PS3 V Xbox means more original discs.
The OP was made by me :)

Soldering my Xbox 360 with a chip would allow me to play PAL games as well as NTSC on the same Xbox.

Has nothing to do with pirating.

And the PS3 CAN play pirated game discs (using a mod chip) - however it is easier to do so on an Xbox 360 I believe.

There is no mod chip for PS3.

I have edited my comments. I am sorry if I offended you, it was not meant to.

Never seen a modded ps3 in my life, have seen loads of flashed xboxes. Modded ps3s are most definitely not as mainstream as flashed 360's

Never seen a modded ps3 in my life, have seen loads of flashed xboxes. Modded ps3s are most definitely not as mainstream as flashed 360's
Definitely not, but they are out there (well atleast in Pakistan they are).

That may explain though, why the Xbox is a lot cheaper here than a PS3.

EDIT: Apparently this can be done, but online access to the internet is disabled, and a different firmware is used. Also it won't play DVDs and Blu-rays (maybe they replace the CD drive?).

Basically, its not worth it which is why there are very few PS3s around here.

Last edited:
How are you going to play if does not play DVDs and Blu Ray Discs? The games are either on DVD or Blu Ray Discs (PS3 only has Blu Ray Game Discs).

Are you getting confused with PS2.

ps3 vs xbox 360

i had ashes 09 for both ps3 and xbox 360. I preferred the ps3 version because it has a more fluent gameplay single player and multiplayer. The other reason was that there were more players and they were more honest than on the xbox where a lot of them were quitters...

How should I know?

That's what the guy at work said :p - I have a legit PS3 imported from Japan.

You got the wrong guy. Anyway you bought the legit copy of the game and console. That is all that matters now, you should just enjoy it. It is the best console on the market at present.

i had ashes 09 for both ps3 and xbox 360. I preferred the ps3 version because it has a more fluent gameplay single player and multiplayer. The other reason was that there were more players and they were more honest than on the xbox where a lot of them were quitters...
Can I ask why you had both versions of the game? :p

i was torn about which console to buy it for so i bought for both :p

I just bought a 360 and am getting it flashed but given that I'll be getting a legit copy of this game.

Definitely not, but they are out there (well atleast in Pakistan they are).

EDIT: Apparently this can be done, but online access to the internet is disabled, and a different firmware is used. Also it won't play DVDs and Blu-rays (maybe they replace the CD drive?).

Ha ha...stop making a fool of yourself dude!! It wont play DVDs and Blu-rays???? How are you supposed to play games on it then...on CD????? The reason why ps3 is not hacked is beacuse its just not feasible to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread