PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

@bradthelad my next game is against you. Let me know when you will be available to start our game. The way I played against @kushari yesterday is a concern. TSL has to buck up and show fight.

Just concentrate on reducing bowling extras, your bowling will automatically improve a lot if you can bowl a good line & length, as for batting, I would suggest you to play more freely without any fear of failure, it will help you.

As it was the fist completed match in this Ranji Super League. I would like to give a brief about what went on during the match.

The morning of the match was bright and shining, and TSL didnt hesitated even for a bit before electing to bat first after winning a crucial toss.
But Dale Steyn strike 1st ball by clean bowling M. Vijay for naught. TSL could not recover from the early onslaught from PW opening bowlers of Dale Steyn and Umesh Yadav. Dale Steyn just bowled 03 Overs and then the real drama begun as Angelo Matthews unexpectedly picked up 05 Wickets for just 03 Runs and played a big part in folding out TSL to a modest score of 26 Runs in just 11.5 Overs.

After bowling out TSL for 26, PW batsman were a bit complacent and tried to take the attack to the bowler and score as quickly as they can, rather than staying at the wicket. Surprisingly TSL bowled just 02 Over (01 Over each with James Anderson & Bhuveneshwar Kumar) with their Opening Bowlers and then shift to spin bowling for rest of the inning.
There was a brief controversy/misunderstanding during the middle half of the inning, when even after repeated request for Save & Exit by PW Team, TSL somehow overlooked these requested and kept on bowling. Later both captain met after the match in a bar and sorted out the differences with a glass of chilled beer.
TSL bowled brilliantly and was able to contain the powerful batting lineup of PW to a modest score of 235 Runs, though this was enough for a lead of 209 Runs for Punjab Warrior Team. PW batsman were very aggressive and scored at a run rate of 8.39 Runs Per Over during their innings.

In the 2nd Innings TSL Opener came to the crease with lot of determination and resolve to fight fire with fire. In the process they begus their innings much better than what they did in the 1st Inning and at one time looking quite comfortable batting. Then you cannot keep Dale Steyn and company keep quit for a long period, and after some initial resistance from TSL, Dale Steyn and Angelo Matthews picked up 05 Wickets each to bowl out TSL for 65 Runs in 18.3 Overs, thus winning the Match for Punjab Warrior by an innings and 144 Runs, and more importantly, ensured their team gets a bonus point too.

Overall a fun match and credit to both the team for playing with right spirit throughout the match.

It was a great game @kushari. TSL was completely outplayed. @kushari what about the fight the managers had at the bar :p
Jokes apart very well played @kushari would love to continue to play matches against you again

It was a great game @kushari. TSL was completely outplayed. @kushari what about the fight the managers had at the bar :p
Jokes apart very well played @kushari would love to continue to play matches against you again

No, the fight was only in the field, at the bar they hugged and shared few drinks. You played much better then the final score suggest, you just need to be more strategically aware of the situation next time you play. It will be an honor & pleasure to play with you again.

Last edited:
@Solomon what time IST is best for u?

@bradthelad I am in GMT +3 time zone. Assuming that you live in Sydney, you are 7 hrs ahead of my time. I am free later in the evening my time at this point of time. We need to see how we are going to manage this. Let me know what all time slots be good for you

@bradthelad I am in GMT +3 time zone. Assuming that you live in Sydney, you are 7 hrs ahead of my time. I am free later in the evening my time at this point of time. We need to see how we are going to manage this. Let me know what all time slots be good for you

Yeahh @Solomon im GMT +10 Sydney what times IST are you Free?
Probably between 1230 IST to 2000 IST wbu?

@arjwiz im supposed to verse @azad next round if he doesnt reply by thursday will u add more fixtures so everyone plays each other once only?

Last edited:
If azad doesn't reply by Thursday then he is out, and I will update the next steps, hopefully by Friday evening. Most probably we will add some fixtures. The remaining 8 of us are active enough to complete our fixtures.
@Ishaan k buddy you around?

@valerian140 My next match is with you (3rd Round Match), let me know whenever you want to play that match. As I have finished my match with @Solomon and @Ishaan k is not responding to my play request, you are next with whom I need to play, and then finally I will play with @bradthelad in the 4th Round.

Most probably will br completing my match with arjwiz on Sunday. So will begin my match with you only after that. :)

If azad doesn't reply by Thursday then he is out, and I will update the next steps, hopefully by Friday evening. Most probably we will add some fixtures. The remaining 8 of us are active enough to complete our fixtures.
@Ishaan k buddy you around?

@arjwiz I can understand if someone is not in a position to play a match for few days, but if a manager does not even have a minute time to come online and respond and reply in PC forum (forget about being regular in the Forum), regarding playing schedule and other general game related queries, then there is something seriously very wrong with this online concept. We need to be a bit strict with people who are not serious about playing or someone who is so busy that he cannot come to this forum for continuous days (as we all other managers are doing, and even we are all busy with our daily life).

Just for example, if Ishaan comes online only after 13th or 14th June, and expect me to play 205 overs in 02/03 days, I might not have time to play at that time.
I thought before we agreed to play in this league, we have confirmed our commitment to be here in this forum and discuss things about the schedule and other stuff among ourselves. I am perfectly fine if someone has any urgent work and he cannot play for few days or even for few weeks in a stretch (As Playing Video Game cannot be a Priority), but at least inform others in this forum about your availability in advance so that we can plan ahead.

I hope ishaan & azad are OK & doing fine, and they will respond soon enough, or else this is not as much fun if we loose managers like this, specially after they have participated in the auction process with so much energy.

Last edited:
@Sarvesh_aus My next match is with you. Let me know when you want to play. As I have already finished my 1st Match, I am free to play with you whenever you are ready. I hope, we can play soon. I would like to first complete my match with you before I play with @arjwiz in the floating round. Looking forward to your respond. My PSN ID is honu999, if you have not added me yet, please add me now.

@arjwiz I can understand if someone is not in a position to play a match for few days, but if a manager does not even have a minute time to come online and respond and reply in PC forum (forget about being regular in the Forum), regarding playing schedule and other general game related queries, then there is something seriously very wrong with this online concept. We need to be a bit strict with people who are not serious about playing or someone who is so busy that he cannot come to this forum for continuous days (as we all other managers are doing, and even we are all busy with our daily life).

Just for example, if Ishaan comes online only after 13th or 14th June, and expect me to play 205 overs in 02/03 days, I might not have time to play at that time.
I thought before we agreed to play in this league, we have confirmed our commitment to be here in this forum and discuss things about the schedule and other stuff among ourselves. I am perfectly fine if someone has any urgent work and he cannot play for few days or even for few weeks in a stretch (As Playing Video Game cannot be a Priority), but at least inform others in this forum about your availability in advance so that we can plan ahead.

I hope ishaan & azad are OK & doing fine, and they will respond soon enough, or else this is not as much fun if we loose managers like this, specially after they have participated in the auction process with so much energy.

@kushari I totally understand the frustration of not been able to complete the match on time. If I am not mistaken @Ishaan k did mention that he is having some exams or something. Not sure

----------

@bradthelad I am available @ from 12.30 am Indian time until 2.30 am. Weekends I can play during the daytime too.

Users who are viewing this thread