PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

That's awesome @valerian140! Lucky you. The UK release data is a mystery! I hope to get it in the next 2 weeks.

I think we should start the competition once everyone has had at least a couple of weeks of game playing time. So, there is no immediate rush to create fixtures. Still, if everyone completes that sheet, it would be great.
@Ishaan k I realised that this group of 9 people come from all over the world, which is a great promotion point for your video! I think we have people from Canada, UK, Israel, India, Singapore, and Australia! That's insane!

That's awesome @valerian140! Lucky you. The UK release data is a mystery! I hope to get it in the next 2 weeks.

I think we should start the competition once everyone has had at least a couple of weeks of game playing time. So, there is no immediate rush to create fixtures. Still, if everyone completes that sheet, it would be great.
@Ishaan k I realised that this group of 9 people come from all over the world, which is a great promotion point for your video! I think we have people from Canada, UK, Israel, India, Singapore, and Australia! That's insane!

I would like you and ishaan to consider holding a T20 Tournament based on IPL structure for the same team and players...It would be good practice before the more difficult 03 Day Test Matches

@arjwiz where did you preorder your copy from. I did it from Gaming express. As of now they have confirmed for 11th April.

I would like you and ishaan to consider holding a T20 Tournament based on IPL structure for the same team and players...It would be good practice before the more difficult 03 Day Test Matches

I think it might be difficult to get all 9 of us to find time to play the 3 day competition together. None of us have played the game yet. Who knows, it may (hopefully not) be so boring that playing a 270 over game is really tedious. Or maybe online doesn't work too well yet.

I suggest we start with the 3 day competition (especially since the players in the auction were purchased and selected based on their test skills and not their T20 skills), and then see how it goes. If it is successful, we could create a T20 league. Maybe we could even have a "Champions League" with some other teams from other leagues! Who knows. Let's start with this first and understand the game mechanics.

----------

@arjwiz where did you preorder your copy from. I did it from Gaming express. As of now they have confirmed for 11th April.

Haven't preordered yet. Still waiting for the official release date. If the date is not around 11 April, I might import. Also waiting for the best deal.

----------

@bradthelad are you playing this on PS3 and Xbox both? I noticed you were in another XBox league as well.

----------

Ok I'll pick thisara perera

Added Thisara Perera to Karnataka. Check post 3 for updated squads.

We all have 10 players each.

Just waiting for the list of at least 36 Tier C/D players from Ishaan, who can take his time since there is no rush. We can then draft them.

Once all teams have 14 players each, we will open up trades. I will post rules for trading at the appropriate time.

I think it might be difficult to get all 9 of us to find time to play the 3 day competition together. None of us have played the game yet. Who knows, it may (hopefully not) be so boring that playing a 270 over game is really tedious. Or maybe online doesn't work too well yet.

I suggest we start with the 3 day competition (especially since the players in the auction were purchased and selected based on their test skills and not their T20 skills), and then see how it goes. If it is successful, we could create a T20 league. Maybe we could even have a "Champions League" with some other teams from other leagues! Who knows. Let's start with this first and understand the game mechanics.

----------

Haven't preordered yet. Still waiting for the official release date. If the date is not around 11 April, I might import. Also waiting for the best deal.

----------

@bradthelad are you playing this on PS3 and Xbox both? I noticed you were in another XBox league as well.

----------

Just waiting for the list of at least 36 Tier C/D players from Ishaan, who can take his time since there is no rush. We can then draft them.

Once all teams have 14 players each, we will open up trades. I will post rules for trading at the appropriate time.

Just a suggestion for Ishaan if he can get the draft early. There might be some players that aren't created in CA yet. This will take time.

----------

----------

----------

What is the basis of selecting 36 Players for Snake Draft? I mean is it entirely on Ishaan wish whom he want to select or not, or is there any proper mechanism for selecting these 36 players?

What is the basis of selecting 36 Players for Snake Draft? I mean is it entirely on Ishaan wish whom he want to select or not, or is there any proper mechanism for selecting these 36 players?

It is entirely on Ishaan. I'm sure he will take recommendations from everyone if they wished to, but the list is his responsibility. He needs to check if they are in CA, and if they are not, how best to create basic versions (possibly with just skills and attributes without appearance). Since he is in charge of team creation on CA, I am leaving the selection entirely to him.

Personally I have no recommended players to add to the list, except maybe Munaf Patel, who will be there anyway since he is an unsold player from the backup list.

I want Munafbhai in my team and I am not even joking. He will be my mainstay. Please don't pick my Munaf ahead of me :(

s143.jpg

Last edited:
On another note, while we wait for the draft list, how do the rest of you feel about your performances in the auction? Did you get who you want? What was your strategy?

Who do you think is the team to beat? Is Valerian's batting or bradthelad's squad depth?

On another note, while we wait for the draft list, how do the rest of you feel about your performances in the auction? Did you get who you want? What was your strategy?

Who do you think is the team to beat? Is Valerian's batting or bradthelad's squad depth?

Both the squads look strong on papers. But I am sure every manager has done their own calculations with regard to their combinations. I feel even Kushari's team is someone to look out for with star studded batsmen and quality all rounders in the line up. Same goes with Arjwiz Squad. If you notice, each squad has got their strengths and I am sure every manager would be really happy with their team. Now it's all about the strategies and the combinations.
Let the battle begin.

Good Luck

Same goes with Arjwiz Squad. If you notice, each squad has got their strengths and I am sure every manager would be really happy with their team. Now it's all about the strategies and the combinations.

I'm glad I got Philander and Mohit Sharma at the end, otherwise Munafbhai would have had to take on all the fast bowling load himself. Now he has some back up.

---------------

The funny thing about it my pre auction strategy went according to plan all the six players i really wanted i got i did bid on mcullum and clarke but didnt really want them just rasing the price i thought someone would bid higher :) @arjwiz yes i think i have good depth experience all round hoping to pick up some young indian players from the drafts preferably ........ Well not going tell u to much its either a batsmen, bowler, allrounder, wicket keeper haha :p

Users who are viewing this thread