PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Now there are 3 bidders for Munaf. No one gets him for free :D:D:lol:lol

Round 10
Munaf Patel $2000

Lets go !!!!!!!

P.S currently playing for baroda in ranji trophy so i get automatic selection @arjwiz hahaha

----------

Round 10
Munaf Patel $2000

Lets go !!!!!!!

P.S currently playing for baroda in ranji trophy so i get automatic selection @arjwiz hahaha

You should have retained him as your icon. Now he is available for the rest of the squads. I am sure Munaf will be delighted to see so much of demand for him here :yes

Munaf Patel
$2000 + stand and one bowling end named after him + becoming captain + opening batting + opening bowling + coach + coporate box + on the cover of don bradman cricket 15 + free copy of dbc 14!!!!!
@bradthelad bid

----------

----------

You should have retained him as your icon. Now he is available for the rest of the squads. I am sure Munaf will be delighted to see so much of demand for him here :yes

I know but I.Pathan, Y.Pathan and A.Rayudu where so happy i picked them in my squad couldnt break the news that one of them would have to go because M.Patel is coming hahahaha lol

----------

IPL 2014 news : Munaf Patel mystified by IPL exclusion | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

Oh No i think we upset M.Patel that he wasnt selected!!!!! :eek:

my batting lineup guys Sanga,Cook,Ganguly ya ya ya

Guys I am not kidding, Munafbhai is my lucky mascot. I am a fan of his. Please do not draft him! :noway

my batting lineup guys Sanga,Cook,Ganguly ya ya ya

Ishaan's batting line up majority of them are Lefties. I am sure you are gonna piss a lot of people who hate bowling to lefties :p:D

PS: Not sure if that was a tactic or a coincidence ;) Might work well for you

Ishaan's batting line up majority of them are Lefties. I am sure you are gonna piss a lot of people who hate bowling to lefties :p:D

PS: Not sure if that was a tactic or a coincidence ;) Might work well for you

Good spot. I hate batting with and bowling to lefties. That's why I avoided lefty batsmen in the auction. I also went for spinners because I thought people might find it tough to bat to bowlers who get a lot of spin, so I was happy I got Piyush Chawla.

Good spot. I hate batting with and bowling to lefties. That's why I avoided lefty batsmen in the auction. I also went for spinners because I thought people might find it tough to bat to bowlers who get a lot of spin, so I was happy I got Piyush Chawla.

Was reading Ross's post today mentioning about his team, they were finding it difficult to spin the bowl.
Not discouraging you :yes Just psychological game tactics. :p

Was reading Ross's post today mentioning about his team, they were finding it difficult to spin the bowl.
Not discouraging you :yes Just psychological game tactics. :p

Who was finding it difficult? Ross himself?

This is why I need Munaf Patel. He can spin the ball, bowl medium pace, bowl 150kmph - he is everything to my team.

Who was finding it difficult? Ross himself?

This is why I need Munaf Patel. He can spin the ball, bowl medium pace, bowl 150kmph - he is everything to my team.

Someone who received the game today posted that he was finding it difficult to turn the ball. Ross's responded that even his team members found it hard, but he did mention a few people got the knack right.

Last edited:
Someone who received the game today posted that he was finding it difficult to turn the ball. Ross's responded that even his team members were find it hard, but he did mention a few people got the knack right.

Thanks for letting me know. Do you want to trade Chawla for James Anderson?

Auction was really very interesting and it was more dynamic than I thought..

Though you can plan and strategies as much as you want, but you need to be flexible and be ready with plan B if your plan A does not work.

As for team selection, I believe a good player is a good player, it does not matter which format he is playing. To start with I had Yuvraj Singh & Harbhajan Singh as my icon player and I was quite content with that. Now for Auction, I was looking for IMPACT Player, and I finally managed to buy Dale Steyn, Kavin Pieterson, Suresh Raina, Shakib-Al-Hasan, Jaydev Unadkat & Wridhiman Saha (As my backup player)...Now, the way the auction dynamics work, I knew every team can bid maximum amount from their purse for only 01 High Profile Player, and rest have to be managed from remaining limited budget..So for me the High Profile Player, and with whom I was not ready to do any compromise was of course Dale Steyn.......The other Options for High Value Player were those for whom the other managers bided heavily (Shane Watson. M. Johnson, AB Devilliers, David Warner etc)..So, I was pre decided, I am not going to compromise on my MOST WANTED PLAYER, no matter what, and that is the reason I could not go all out in any other rounds till Round 6 (When Steyn was introduced)....So, when I saw no one is bidding for Star Player like Kevin Pieterson on Round-3, I knew I am getting him at a bargain price @ $ 11,000/- ....I still think it was much much lower than what I thought I will have to pay for my 2nd International Star Player (My 1st International Star Player was always going to be Dale Steyn). And boy what an impact player he is (Kevin Pieterson)..

I wanted Saeed Ajmal as my Subcontinental Player, but when I saw arjwiz was bidding aggressively, I have to fall back on my 2nd Option of Subcontinental Spinner Option of Shakib-Al Hasan, and I got him @ $ 8000/- (I made the 1st Bid directly @ $ 8000 as I thought people would be eager to get a very good all round player like Shakib in their squad) whereas no one else actually bided for him at all..

If you see I actually bought 04 Players out of possible 06 in the Round-06..This is only because, as I was now bidding for Steyn, I knew exactly how much I have left with me to bid for other players.. Finally I bought 04 Players in Round-06..A) Dale Steyn @ $ 44,000/-, B) Suresh Raina @ $ 8,000/- (BASE PRICE), C) Shakib Ul Hasan @ $ 8,000/- (Almost Base Price), D) Jaydev Unadkat @ $ 6,000/- (Almost Base Price)....

The Only thing I could have done differently if I knew future, would have waited for Pujara for Round-08 (Instead of Raina in Round-06), but it would have been a huge huge risk, as after Steyn I was not going to be in a position to get into a bidding war for Pujara with other Managers, so I took the pragmatic decision of going with a Star Player like Suresh Raina, specially when I am getting him in his Base Price..

last but not the least was my Last Pick Wridhiman Saha whom I got in his base price (I was missing a W Keeper)..

So thats how I went into the Auction, and I am overall quite happy with what I got, only thing I would have liked to change is getting Pujara for Raina (As both sold for their base price only)...But as I said, if I didn't took Raina, and someone would later bidded higher for Pujara (Which I was expecting), I would have got neither of them...

I know it was quite long and may be boring for someone to read, but just wanted to share whats going on in my mind during the auction..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread