PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

@kushari I concur with you. I did mention about this in my earlier post today "I feel even Kushari's team is someone to look out for with star studded batsmen and quality all rounders in the line up." To add to that you have Dale Steyn!!

im currently working on the list shud be done soon

np @arjwiz it will be done

Ishaan, can give us some information regarding the composition of 36 Players..I mean How Many Batsman, Fast Bowler, Spinner and Wicket Keepers will it have, do you have that breakdown with you (I am not asking for Players name, just the breakdown of Skill of these 36 Players you are making)....

list of tier D players

Tier D Indian players some under-19 others well others

Batsman: Vijay Zol, Akhil Hardewar, Biblap Samantry, Dwarka Ravi Teja, Hanuma Vihari, Rohan Banerjee, Manan Sharma, Rajwinder Singh, Taruwar kohli,Kedar Jadhav, Debabrata Das,Venugopal Rao, Akshanth Reddy,Sunny Sohal,

Allrounders : Baba Indrajit, Mandeep Singh, Rajat Bhatia, Mithun Manhas, Sachin Baby, , Sarfaraz Khan , Sourashish Lahiri, Sandipan Das, , RMandeep Singh, Jiwanjot Singh

Wicketkeepers: Manvinder Singh Bisla,, Shreevets Goswami, Smit Patel, Uday Kaul, Mahesh Rawat, Amir Khan,

Bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Sudeep Tyagi, Imtiyaz Ahmed, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Negi, Milind Rathore, Pradeep Sangwan,Varun Sood, Iresh Saxena, Veer Pratap Singh, Shib Paul, Munaf Patel ,KP Appanna, , Ashish Reddy, Shahbaz Nadeem, Parvin Tambe, Manpreet Gony, Sarabjit Ladda, Sudeep Tyagi, Prashant Chopra, Rahul Shukla,

tier C
Mohammad Kaif.,Sanju Samson, Munaf Patel, Rp Singh, Ishant Sharma, Pankaj Singh, L Balaji, Rahul Sharma, Baba Aparajit, Unmukt Chand, Parvez Rasool, Rishi Dhawan,Abhishek Nayar, shwar Pandey

Last edited:
list of tier D players

Batsman: Unmukt Chand, Vijay Zol, Akhil Hardewar, Biblap Samantry, Dwarka Ravi Teja, Hanuma Vihari, Rohan Banerjee, Manan Sharma, Rajwinder Singh, Taruwar kohli

Allrounders : Baba Indrajit, Baba Aparajit, Mandeep Singh, Rajat Bhatia, Mithun Manhas, Sachin Baby, Saurabh Bandekar, Sarfaraz Khan , Sourashish Lahiri, Sandipan Das

Wicketkeepers: Manvinder Singh Bisla, Sanju Samson, Shreevets Goswami, Smit Patel, Uday Kaul, Mahesh Rawat, Amir Khan

Bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Sudeep Tyagi, Imtiyaz Ahmed, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Negi, Milind Rathore, Pradeep Sangwan,Varun Sood, Iresh Saxena, Veer Pratap Singh, Shib Paul

List seems OK, but I would have liked to see Parvez Rasool in the Bowler List instead of someone like Shib Paul or Iresh Saxena.. And what about Jiwan Jot Singh from Punjab, he is definitely better option than Sourashish Lahiri or Sandipan Das, dont you think so?

Moreover, are we not including unsold and backup players in this draft????

And Most Importantly, we will BOYCOTT the DRAFT, if you don't Include MUNAF PATEL...He is a MUST..

Last edited:
[/COLOR]btw @arjwiz Piyush bats left handed :p

I honestly didn't know that!

----------

Auction was really very interesting and it was more dynamic than I thought..

I know it was quite long and may be boring for someone to read, but just wanted to share whats going on in my mind during the auction..

Not boring at all, thanks, that was very interesting. I like how you didn't compromise on your player. I did compromise - my must-buy included Mitchell Johnson & Dale Steyn, but I lost out on both. I picked Saeed Ajmal since he was the only quality spinner in the auction. Jadeja was left-handed, and I didn't want a left hander (which is also why I went for Chawla as a bowler and not Ojha). Ajmal is also a level above all these bowlers. It was also interesting that of the 18 best international players in the auction, none is a spinner. All the spinners of the cricketing world are now subcontinental players.

The other thing I noticed was the lack of quality fast bowling options in the auction, but I only noticed this after the first two rounds, when Anderson and Philander were gone. So, by the end, I was saving all of my money for Philander in the re-auction, and so I lost out on some players in the later rounds (Umesh Yadav, Ryan Ten). As it turns out, I got Philander at base price as sarvesh was content with Cook. As my Tier B backup, I was also lucky to get Mohit Sharma, even though I am not a fan.

Had I not gotten Philander and Cook, I would have had zero pace bowlers apart from my legend, Jimmy Amarnath. I left the auction after 9 rounds getting zero fast bowlers, which was a stupid strategy on my part. I saw the bids reach 30k for Broad, whom I personally am not a fan of, and I thought he isn't worth that money at all, when Philander is a better bowler and batsman.

----------

list of tier D players

Batsman: Unmukt Chand, Vijay Zol, Akhil Hardewar, Biblap Samantry, Dwarka Ravi Teja, Hanuma Vihari, Rohan Banerjee, Manan Sharma, Rajwinder Singh, Taruwar kohli

Allrounders : Baba Indrajit, Baba Aparajit, Mandeep Singh, Rajat Bhatia, Mithun Manhas, Sachin Baby, Saurabh Bandekar, Sarfaraz Khan , Sourashish Lahiri, Sandipan Das

Wicketkeepers: Manvinder Singh Bisla, Sanju Samson, Shreevets Goswami, Smit Patel, Uday Kaul, Mahesh Rawat, Amir Khan

Bowlers: Ankit Rajpoot, Sudeep Tyagi, Imtiyaz Ahmed, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Negi, Milind Rathore, Pradeep Sangwan,Varun Sood, Iresh Saxena, Veer Pratap Singh, Shib Paul

Thanks. Are all of these already on CA or do you have to create some?

No backup players from the initial auction? Where is Munaf?

list of tier D players

Does this include indian tier C Players? @Ishaan k

I honestly didn't know that!

----------

Not boring at all, thanks, that was very interesting. I like how you didn't compromise on your player. I did compromise - my must-buy included Mitchell Johnson & Dale Steyn, but I lost out on both. I picked Saeed Ajmal since he was the only quality spinner in the auction. Jadeja was left-handed, and I didn't want a left hander (which is also why I went for Chawla as a bowler and not Ojha). Ajmal is also a level above all these bowlers. It was also interesting that of the 18 best international players in the auction, none is a spinner. All the spinners of the cricketing world are now subcontinental players.

The other thing I noticed was the lack of quality fast bowling options in the auction, but I only noticed this after the first two rounds, when Anderson and Philander were gone. So, by the end, I was saving all of my money for Philander in the re-auction, and so I lost out on some players in the later rounds (Umesh Yadav, Ryan Ten). As it turns out, I got Philander at base price as sarvesh was content with Cook. As my Tier B backup, I was also lucky to get Mohit Sharma, even though I am not a fan.

Had I not gotten Philander and Cook, I would have had zero pace bowlers apart from my legend, Jimmy Amarnath. I left the auction after 9 rounds getting zero fast bowlers, which was a stupid strategy on my part. I saw the bids reach 30k for Broad, whom I personally am not a fan of, and I thought he isn't worth that money at all, when Philander is a better bowler and batsman.

----------

Thanks. Are all of these already on CA or do you have to create some?

No backup players from the initial auction? Where is Munaf?

I didn't know I could use backup players and I don't know about ca cuz I have a mac

I didn't know I could use backup players and I don't know about ca cuz I have a mac

Who is making the Player in CA then? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
We are in the impression that it was you who is making the players in CA for this league..

I said as soon as the game comes out ill do the teams I'm getting it on the 8

----------

Edit I just got parallels so I will be able to run ca on my Mac

I said as soon as the game comes out ill do the teams I'm getting it on the 8

----------

Edit I just got parallels so I will be able to run ca on my Mac

So if you can run CA on your mac, have you checked the ensure your list of 36 or more exists in CA? I'm only asking since it will save you time later - you don't want to end up creating skills and attributes for Saurabh Bendekar unless you have to.

For Tier C vs D, if you don't want to split the players, that's fine - we can club them. The idea was that some of the higher level players in that list (perhaps just 9) can be picked first, thereby ensuring better standardisation of squads. Personally I don't have an issue if we just do them all together -there isn't much difference between the 5th best player and the 15th best player.

To that list, I suggest just adding the players from the backup list. It is okay if we have more than 36 - only 36 will get drafted. It is absolutely fine if every player doesn't get into a team at the end. Their families will be hurt, their mothers will cry that their sons didn't get to play Ranji cricket, but that's all.

What about the curses and the evil eye of players not making it to the team? :p Jokes Apart.

I guess we need to see how many players are already there in CA. There are a lot of Ranji Players created over there by user "chandrakif". He has done an excellent job and also the stats are updated.

You can do a quick search by his user name, team name, or even player name and choose the best.

:thumbs

So if you can run CA on your mac, have you checked the ensure your list of 36 or more exists in CA? I'm only asking since it will save you time later - you don't want to end up creating skills and attributes for Saurabh Bendekar unless you have to.

For Tier C vs D, if you don't want to split the players, that's fine - we can club them. The idea was that some of the higher level players in that list (perhaps just 9) can be picked first, thereby ensuring better standardisation of squads. Personally I don't have an issue if we just do them all together -there isn't much difference between the 5th best player and the 15th best player.

To that list, I suggest just adding the players from the backup list. It is okay if we have more than 36 - only 36 will get drafted. It is absolutely fine if every player doesn't get into a team at the end. Their families will be hurt, their mothers will cry that their sons didn't get to play Ranji cricket, but that's all.

I do think, we should have at least 50 to 60 Options if we are selecting 36 Players..Why force someone to take a player they absolutely don't want in their team...In case Ranji teams are already made and updated in CA by someone, I would like to have option for choosing even my last player ( Which will not be the case, if we have only 36 Players in this list)...Please consider this seriously to have at least 50 if not 60 players in the DRAFT list..

I do think, we should have at least 50 to 60 Options if we are selecting 36 Players..Why force someone to take a player they absolutely don't want in their team...In case Ranji teams are already made and updated in CA by someone, I would like to have option for choosing even my last player ( Which will not be the case, if we have only 36 Players in this list)...Please consider this seriously to have at least 50 if not 60 players in the DRAFT list..

As you rightly pointed out, it depends on if the player exists in CA or not. There's no point creating a player when a similar one already exists. But yes, chandrakif's Ranji teams do look complete on the face of it. I haven't gone in to see the stats and attributes - those are the main things.

I suppose if someone really wants that Under 15 star that is yet to be unearthed, he can request Ishaan to add him to the draft, and then create the player in CA himself (as long as Ishaan approves of the attributes - you don't want him to be Sachin Tendulkar already).

Users who are viewing this thread