PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

Okay I found "Selection Status" and it includes three English domestic competitions, Indian national teams, and Indian T20 league (which I presume is IPL since I edited the team lists).

----------

Eh...I selected that I'm a #4 batsman and that means I dropped Kohli from the xi, and not #6 Ed Joyce! How do I bring back Kohli?

Okay I found "Selection Status" and it includes three English domestic competitions, Indian national teams, and Indian T20 league (which I presume is IPL since I edited the team lists).

----------

Eh...I selected that I'm a #4 batsman and that means I dropped Kohli from the xi, and not #6 Ed Joyce! How do I bring back Kohli?

You cant, you have to delete this career player and start again..Also remember, you will be getting the same position (No 4) in India Team in future, so you need to decide now who in India Team bats in which order and who you want to replace from the Indian Team in future..

Round 1 preview
so after a very long wait round 1 of the ps3 ranjii trophy competition begins here's a quick preview for all round one fixtures.

Punjab Warriors vs Royal Bengal Tigers

tale of the tape
Punjab Warriors: 3.5 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 3 shield
Royal Bengal Tigers: 3 batting stars, 3 bowling stars, 2 shield

possible lineups

Punjab Warriors:
1. Ajinkya Rahane
2. Unmukt Chand
3. Lala Amarnath
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. W. Saha
7. Shakib-Al-Hasan
8.Harbhajan Singh
9.Dale Steyn
10.Umesh Yadav
11.Laxmipati Balaji
12. Angelo Matthews

strength's: Punjab has an extremely balanced side featuring world class batsman like K.P, world class bowlers like Dale Steyn and world class allrounders like Shakib-Al-Hasan

weakness's: although Punjab have a very balanced team they have many inexperienced players like Unmukt Chand, Sanju Samson, W. Saha, Ajinkya Rahane and some out of form players like Yuvraj Singh however if the players click Punjab will be unstoppable

X Factor: Dale Steyn this guy is unstoppable be it on a flat indian pitch or on bouncy fast tracks, he is a matchwinning wicket taker and if Steyn is on song then the opposition better watch out

Bengal
possible lineup:
1.Alistair Cook
2. Abhinav Mukund
3. Kumar Sangakkara
4. Saurav Ganguly
5.Manoj Tiwary
6. Geraint Jones
7. Ravindra Jadeja
8. Rishi Dhawan
9. Parvez Rasool
10. Stuart Broad
11. Mohammed Shami
12. Laxmi Ratan Shukla

strength's: this Bengal batting lineup has world class players and some greats of the game Alistair Cook, Kumar Sangakkara and Saurav Ganguly will be deadly against any opposition bowling attack.

weakness's: This Bengal side lacks a match winning bowler the two bowlers that Bengal have are Mohammed Shami and Stuart Broad and none of those two are match winning bowlers.

X factor: Bengal's batting depth is ridiculous they bat down to number 10 they are a team of allrounders so they also have many bowling options to bowl against them will be an irritating task as the batsman keep on walking out of the hut.

edge: Punjab, better team balance than Bengal and they also have a match winning bowler

more previews to come

This is great, and kayfabe at its best talking about "experience"! :lol (any of you pro-wrestling or MMA fans? Your "Tale of the Tape" reminded me I need to watch UFC 172 now.).

I'd pick Angelo Mathews over Unmukt Chand if I were Punjab Warriors. Then again, I think PW are the team to beat in this tournament.

Ishaan when are you posting match conditions?

Having played against both managers, I think Ravi Jadeja and Yuvraj Singh will be the top performers.

Study, study!

Guys, how the hell do we select the number of overs in a day, new ball, BARS settings and stuff?

----------

How do we save and continue in online or offline mode?

Study, study!

Guys, how the hell do we select the number of overs in a day, new ball, BARS settings and stuff?

----------

How do we save and continue in online or offline mode?

In Online there is this option to save the game, but both players must agree for that. One player cannot save the game arbitrarily...

----------

This is great, and kayfabe at its best talking about "experience"! :lol (any of you pro-wrestling or MMA fans? Your "Tale of the Tape" reminded me I need to watch UFC 172 now.).

I'd pick Angelo Mathews over Unmukt Chand if I were Punjab Warriors. Then again, I think PW are the team to beat in this tournament.

Ishaan when are you posting match conditions?

Having played against both managers, I think Ravi Jadeja and Yuvraj Singh will be the top performers.

@arjwiz Jon Jones already defeated Glover Teixeira via unanimous decision to retain the light heavyweight title..

In Online there is this option to save the game, but both players must agree for that. One player cannot save the game arbitrarily...

----------

@arjwiz Jon Jones already defeated Glover Teixeira via unanimous decision to retain the light heavyweight title..

Whoa why did you spoil it I was half way through the show, I had recorded it! And I had money on a TKO so I lost that as well! :mad

And can we save and continue (not exit) in DBC?

Conditions
Punjab Warriors vs Royal Bengal Tigers
weather: random chance of rain
pitch type: crumbly
pitch hardness: soft
pitch condition: wearing
pitch cracks: light

Tamil Super Lions vs Kerala Tuskers
weather: always fine
pitch type: dry
pitch condition: worn
pitch cracks: none

Mumbai Scorpions vs Delhi Diamond Cutters
weather: random- no chance of rain
pitch type: grassy
pitch hardness: hard
pitch condition: worn
pitch cracks: none

Baroda Giants XI vs Jharkhand Heroes
weather: Random no chance of rain
pitch type: dusty
pitch condition: uneven
pitch cracks: heavy

all conditions where selected randomly

@arjwiz Have you finalized the rules and regulation. I think you should put in "BOLD" the rules in the 1st Post, specially the important ones like:

1) The Managers who are having matches, needs to be online here in this forum to discuss thing before/during & after the match.
2) No Body should except any forfeit request from other players (I believe there will be plenty if you are bowling 100 Overs) no matter how many time you get the request unless both the players confirm it in this forum for whatever reason he want to forfeit the match. This is also necessary as many of us could get an urgent phone call/other uncontrollable stuff during the match and it may lead to timeout and other player being offered forfeit for time wasting.
3) For any reason/bug if the game auto forfeit any match (Like it happened when me & @arjwiz played), the match will be restarted from the beginning (But this is something a bit fishy, as team who is doing bad will have advantage if the match restarted again).
4) There would be a MANDATORY save after 10 Overs interval. The Match can be restarted immediately or after mutually agreed time after a break of 05/10/15 minutes. As we all are responsible people, we need to respect each other time.
5) I would like it to be mandatory to write down scorecard for both the Managers and also put it in this forum so it create a record and also other managers to know how the match is going on in other groups. Not everyone is good as live running commentary as @arjwiz but we can always write down who won the toss & decided to do what, and score after 10 Overs Interval when we save the game.

Anything more the others managers want to please feel free to do so..

Last edited:
@arjwiz when's my 1st match,I'm really very poor with bowling :( .,and the link in the first post fixture is not correct,please let me know.. thanks in adv :thumbs :cheers

@arjwiz when's my 1st match,I'm really very poor with bowling :( .,and the link in the first post fixture is not correct,please let me know.. thanks in adv :thumbs :cheers

The fixtures link on the first post is correct.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...nced-teams-uploaded-88728-82.html#post2752927

It seems you don't have any fixture for the first matchday, although you can set up your floating round with @valerian140. However, his first commitment is to finish his matchday 1 fixture with me. He can play both simultaneously, but must give preference to his fixture with DDC.

@arjwiz Have you finalized the rules and regulation.

I am waiting for someone to answer the question I posted yesterday about how to set up match rules such as number of overs per day, number of overs till BARS is reset or when the new ball is taken, etc. Does anyone know how to set up these rules in DBC? All I found was the option of a "three day game".

Everyone: Other rules are updated on post 1, including notes on what to do in case of bugs and forfeits.

Last edited:
The fixtures link on the first post is correct.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...nced-teams-uploaded-88728-82.html#post2752927

It seems you don't have any fixture for the first matchday, although you can set up your floating round with @valerian140. However, his first commitment is to finish his matchday 1 fixture with me. He can play both simultaneously, but must give preference to his fixture with DDC.

I am waiting for someone to answer the question I posted yesterday about how to set up match rules such as number of overs per day, number of overs till BARS is reset or when the new ball is taken, etc. Does anyone know how to set up these rules in DBC? All I found was the option of a "three day game".

Everyone: Other rules are updated on post 1, including notes on what to do in case of bugs and forfeits.

@arjwiz check out 'match type designer' in the academy i think u can choose how many overs until u can have a new ball or how many overs to u can reset bars etc. Check it out i cant right now :(

@arjwiz check out 'match type designer' in the academy i think u can choose how many overs until u can have a new ball or how many overs to u can reset bars etc. Check it out i cant right now :(

I'll check it tonight. I tried to do a "competition designer" in CA but didn't find anything useful.

So if it's in CA and not while setting up the match, that would mean each manager (or at least the ones who will set up the match) need to create a match type in CA?

Users who are viewing this thread