PS3: Ranji Trophy Competition | Punjab Warriors (Kushari) WIN THE LEAGUE

I'll check it tonight. I tried to do a "competition designer" in CA but didn't find anything useful.

So if it's in CA and not while setting up the match, that would mean each manager (or at least the ones who will set up the match) need to create a match type in CA?

Yeah i will check it out and get back 2 u

When I go to download the teams from the academy based on user name search @arjwiz , it shows me 2
Mumbai scorpions and punjab warriors. Which is the latest ones?

When I go to download the teams from the academy based on user name search @arjwiz , it shows me 2

@valerian140 go down to baroda giants XI and press the select button on your controller 9 teams should then pop up there the teams for our competition hope this helped :)

@valerian140 go down to baroda giants XI and press the select button on your controller 9 teams should then pop up there the teams for our competition hope this helped :)

Yes thanks that helped :) However my 3d seamer Praveen Kumar bowls only at a maximum speed of 116.2 kmph. Is there any way to change that?

Yes thanks that helped :) However my 3d seamer Praveen Kumar bowls only at a maximum speed of 116.2 kmph. Is there any way to change that?

Is that because the creator of the player (perhaps chandrakif, I am not sure) selected Kumar as a medium pacer? That could be the case. In any case, I am sure there are various such anomalies and that is just something we have to live with unfortunately. I noticed Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is also quite a slow bowler.

It would require massive work by someone to edit all the players to an even more accurate level. What I have gone for is the best situation without changing anything except the skills page of the players. I haven't touched handedness, bowling/batting aggression, fielding attributes, facial features, etc.

----------

I don't know if this is a bug or some other error on my part, but MS and PW were uploaded by me last week from my PC. I then deleted those (so they shouldn't even be visible on the server) and re-uploaded all 9 teams (with updated skills) from my PS3. The username in both cases was "arjwiz". So I don't know what the game is doing to those teams exactly. But luckily Brad found a solution or workaround.

----------

No buddy,the link you provided above works, but still not on the first post.

I meant you check on USEFUL LINKS COLOUMN.

:cheers

All the links in the "Useful Links" work, including the link to the fixtures. Which one are you talking about?

arjwiz Parvez Rasool is shown as a bowler and not an allrounder could you fix it pls

I am of the opinion that we should be able to fix things such as this as it may make a huge difference in the tournament. We should only make sure that the team's rating does not exceed 3.
Players like Rajat Bhatia bowls at 130kph while Praveen Kumar balls at 116 just doesnt seem right.

Last edited:
How do we make rules for this though? How many edits can a manager request? Who decides what is right or wrong? Every manager cannot be allowed to edit his own players. The purpose of the auction is defeated if we do that.

It brings up many complications and opens up the possibility of everyone wanting some edits in their team. That said, if managers do what you suggested, then there is no way of anyone finding out, as long as the batting/bowling stars don't change and the shield level doesn't change.

I've gone through the effort of redoing skills as much as possible and it took a long long time. If Rasool is a pure bowler, then it is an error on my part and I should and will fix it (EDIT: I have fixed Rasool and uploaded him again). But I haven't touched the other attributes (Praveen Kumar might be considered a medium pacer by CA whereas Rajat Bhatia might be considered a fast-medium bowler).

If one manager is editing, then he should edit all 126 players in the tournament honestly and correctly, otherwise we must simply attribute such discrepancies to pure chance.

EDIT: I just checked and you're right, somehow Praveen Kumar is a medium pacer whereas Rajat Bhatia is a fast-medium pacer. It should be the other way around. This comes back to my entire frustration regarding CA and which is why I created the normalisation thread on the main forum but have only faced backlash from some jerks who want to make their voice heard everywhere.

Let's do this:
If anyone feels that there is any glaring anomaly in their players (a glaring anomaly is one that is so obvious that none of the nine managers would ever refute it), please report it here along with a suggested alteration. If even one manager rejects the proposed alteration, that alteration cannot go through. Alterations can only be proposed as late as Wednesday night GMT. From Thursday onwards, no changes are allowed.

In my opinion, Rasool having no batting stats is a glaring omission, but Kumar being a medium pacer is not, because that is a debatable point. If Kumar should be changed, then why not Bhuvneswar Kumar or anyone else who we personally feel should be skilled differently?

The main rule that NO ONE, INCLUDING MYSELF, IS ALLOWED TO EDIT ANY PLAYERS ANY MORE still stands.

I am not fond of making more rules and regulations this late in the game, but since you want P Kumar changed, let's do it. Personally, I don't mind if you switch Kumar to a fast-medium bowler and I switch Bhatia to a medium pacer - that is where they should be IMO. If any manager disagrees with this proposal, let us know. If not, Valerian will edit his Kumar to a fast-medium pacer and I will edit my Bhatia to a medium pacer.

----------

arjwiz Parvez Rasool is shown as a bowler and not an allrounder could you fix it pls

Sorry and thanks for pointing it out. It must have slipped me or I must have added the incorrect Rasool to the team.

I have corrected Rasool's skills and uploaded the single player onto CA. Please search for him and let me know if you find him. I have renamed him from Parveez Rasool (which was what the downloaded player was named) to the correct Parvez Rasool, so it should be easier for you to identify the correct player to download.

----------

Guys, you can begin organising your matchups for Saturday and the upcoming week.
@valerian140 for our match, when are you available? Can I confirm to you tomorrow night if I am available on Sunday? I should be available all day or not at all, depending on whether my wife goes to work or not.

Last edited:
@arjwiz have you been able to find out how to create 70 Overs a Day matches and how to resetting BARS after 35 overs etc? Do we managers need to do these individually before every match?

@arjwiz have you been able to find out how to create 70 Overs a Day matches and how to resetting BARS after 35 overs etc? Do we managers need to do these individually before every match?

I haven't figured that yet so if anyone knows please tell us. I have to still try Brad's suggestion.

I haven't figured that yet so if anyone knows please tell us. I have to still try Brad's suggestion.

Even I am confused about this..I will also have a look today in Tournament/Match Creator..

Even I am confused about this..I will also have a look today in Tournament/Match Creator..

I tried Tournament creator over the weekend but couldn't figure out how to set up all the details. I didn't know CA had a match creator until Brad mentioned it yesterday, so maybe there lies the answer.

I tried Tournament creator over the weekend but couldn't figure out how to set up all the details. I didn't know CA had a match creator until Brad mentioned it yesterday, so maybe there lies the answer.

@arjwiz

I tried it and u can decide how many overs u want in a day and how many overs for bars reset and when u can take new ball etc. I think the only option is each person needs to go into match type designer and create the match type and name it ranji because there is is know way to share the match type

Also say i get 300 in my first innings if i bowl a team out for 80 are we allowed to enforce a follow on how many runs does the team have to trail by so the opponents to follow on and how many reviews for bars do we have each 35 overs and bouncers per over where allowed? And what should the rope distance be u can choose from short, medium to long? There is also a compusory closure u can choose if a team is 5/303 after 50 overs the game automatially will declare i think :) u can do this for innings 1 and 2

Last edited:
I will be available during most part of sunday @ arjwiz so do let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread