Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

anyone other Canadian in here who ordered from tango ?

If planning to, then I would advise against it, unless you have 50 dollars worth of disposable income :D

LOL yeah. Its fuking nuts. I have asked him to talk to tango and see if they will reimburse that amount, but I doubt that will ever happen.

They will not refund a dime. Paying import duties is not their responsibility.

Agreed. Every gaming site, be it UK or Aussie one, has a clause that importing duties is the customer's responsibility. And the customs are a mixed bag IMO. I have had some games caught in customs while others had no issues at all. In fact for the very same game from the very same retailer, one package is held by custom and the other being let go. It's all quite random to be honest and YMMV.

----------

If planning to, then I would advise against it, unless you have 50 dollars worth of disposable income :D

Me :p

"Disposable" is sort of a misnomer in this context when gaming by default is a luxury.

When was the last time you heard of a game missing release date because it was stuck in customs? :rolleyes

I do not remember any cricket games being released in US before.

There is a difference when it comes to US policies, I carried two set of perfumes while coming from my last vacation. One was allowed because it had its market in US and INTL certified but, other one I had to trash it out at US port of entry because it was only Asia specific brand and its not INTL certified.

So it makes a difference? I cannot go fight with customs asking - you allowed one set of perfume & why you didn't allow other. Thats how it works. I dont know the context of DBC issue with customs/procedures, which might be totally different, however US customs have their own boundaries and there is no compensation whatsoever.

----------

Me :p

"Disposable" is sort of a misnomer in this context when gaming by default is a luxury.

I always thought that you were from US. :p

I do not remember any cricket games being released in US before.

There is a difference when it comes to US policies, I carried two set of perfumes while coming from my last vacation. One was allowed because it had its market in US and INTL certified but, other one I had to trash it out at US port of entry because it was only Asia specific brand and its not INTL certified.

So it makes a difference? I cannot go fight with customs asking - you allowed one set of perfume & why you didn't allow other. Thats how it works. I dont know the context of DBC issue with customs/procedures, which might be totally different, however US customs have their own boundaries and there is no compensation whatsoever.

Customs for personal items vs customs for resale/commercial items are TOTALLY different. When items are sent for commercial purposes or resale, they require certain documentation and declaration and also are subjected to import duties. There are companies out there that make a living by doing this type of clearance and paperwork. Unless Tru Blu have absolutely no idea about customs (which I doubt) and they just sent it via regular courier, I don't see why this should be an issue.

At this point it is all speculation and the silence from Ross isn't making it easier. If there is an issue, he should just come out and tell us instead of us coming with with conspiracy theories and getting frustrated. :rolleyes

Customs for personal items vs customs for resale/commercial items are TOTALLY different. When items are sent for commercial purposes or resale, they require certain documentation and declaration and also are subjected to import duties. There are companies out there that make a living by doing this type of clearance and paperwork. Unless Tru Blu have absolutely no idea about customs (which I doubt) and they just sent it via regular courier, I don't see why this should be an issue.

At this point it is all speculation and the silence from Ross isn't making it easier. If there is an issue, he should just come out and tell us instead of us coming with with conspiracy theories and getting frustrated. :rolleyes

You got the wrong person. Ross and Big Ant have nothing to do with shipping and distribution. Publishers (Tru Blu) are responsible for these sort of things.

You got the wrong person. Ross and Big Ant have nothing to do with shipping and distribution. Publishers (Tru Blu) are responsible for these sort of things.

I know but Ross it the only person close to the project that we have access to and he is the one we expect to get information from. Do we have representative from Tru Blu on the forum?

Quoting myself here for background. Update is that the latest tracking info says the game is out for delivery. Expecting to receive it later today (am on the East Coast in the US). If all works out guess LetsTango.com was a good decision for receiving it on launch day. Am excited as you can see, enough to even potentially jinx it by posting this before it is finally delivered!

Great to hear that! I'm sure we will play online once we get used to the controls :thumbs

----------

I know but Ross it the only person close to the project that we have access to and he is the one we expect to get information from. Do we have representative from Tru Blu on the forum?

It's pretty simple really. North American retailers are unlikely to have the game before 11th April (or 15th since games generally release n US on Tuesdays) as I don't think they will start selling before UK. If you can't wait till 15th or thereabouts you may want to look at other options.

It's pretty simple really. North American retailers are unlikely to have the game before 11th April (or 15th since games generally release n US on Tuesdays) as I don't think they will start selling before UK. If you can't wait till 15th or thereabouts you may want to look at other options.

No sh**, I'm already looking at other options :)

hoping mine arrives saturday!

Blocker, you gotta find a way to get a PS3. It would be awesome to get get a game against you. I'm telling you "it's a blu ray player not a gaming console" can be used to convince missus ;)

We should have got the game if we have ordered it on Sunday :p with weekend nearing, I just feel now that I don't want to go without the game this weekend! Grrrr, I guess it would arrive on Monday.

hoping mine arrives saturday!

Another tango fan? Hehe nice.

And that's why... It's better to wait.

Blocker, you gotta find a way to get a PS3. It would be awesome to get get a game against you. I'm telling you "it's a blu ray player not a gaming console" can be used to convince missus ;)

Yeah Blu-ray is how I used my PS3 most of the times, very first usage of my PS3 was twilight series in Blu-ray edition even before playing any game. :D

Users who are viewing this thread