Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

The run out bug for me is a real game breaker, I can live with the bowler speeds.

Two identical run outs, in a test match, identical to what happened in the demo?

Still not a bug? :sarcasm

Seriously though, it wouldn't be such an issue (run out bug or bowler speeds) if we hadn't of been lied to. We get lied to every time a cricket game gets released, getting sick of it now.

Yes we are sick and tired of being lied to over and over again. They said they would fix the bowling speeds and they did not. There can be no justification for this.

Oh my bad I forgot there was a limit on runouts in Test matches.

Silly me.

:sarcasm

Lets see if you have the same attitude when bowling and they keep running themselves out in identical fashion. :laugh

I have started a 50 over game

South Africa (me) V England at the MCG
England won the toss and I will be bowling first

Bowling with Steyn his speed is okayish nothing over 90mph though I can just about get 85 for him. The 1st over started well I got a few played and missed and an edge that just dropped in front of slip. However the last two balls I got driven for a four and hooked for a 6

Oh my bad I forgot there was a limit on runouts in Test matches.

Silly me.

:sarcasm
Then my friend you have not watched enough of test cricket. There is a hardly a run out in a test innings.

Is the atmosphere still the same as test cricket ? What about reverse swing. Did you got any ? Are crowd chants there dude ?:)

I have started a 50 over game

South Africa (me) V England at the MCG
England won the toss and I will be bowling first

Bowling with Steyn his speed is okayish nothing over 90mph though I can just about get 85 for him. The 1st over started well I got a few played and missed and an edge that just dropped in front of slip. However the last two balls I got driven for a four and hooked for a 6

i think 2 run outs is not all that bad.

ya i agree with you .. after all this is just a game :sarcasm but keep in mind its the best cricket game ever :D :banana2

Last edited:
I hope it is the best cricket game ever.

Anyone with the PS3 version can confirm what trophies are in

Does the AI bowl any balls shortish and wide outside off? I really want to be able to play cut shots in this game!

Does the computer AI actually catch balls? They dropped about 80% in the demo.

In terms of the bowler speed, wasn't there a patch for BLIC 2005 to edit just about everything with the players, including their bowler actions and speeds? I'm not too worried about that. It's the runout bug that I'm largely worried about but you can always save after every over and reload the game if it's an issue.

Big disappointment as we told codies that this was a issue at the playtest and were told that it would be fixed for the final version.

Wait, wait,wait...wasn't he bowling as England? If so maybe he isn't putting it in the right spot on the "goodness" meter, hence they are bowling slower??

Because Jazz was playing against Australia and Siddle, Lee and Johnson were bowling quick.

Is the atmosphere still the same as test cricket ? What about reverse swing. Did you got any ? Are crowd chants there dude ?:)

The atmosphere is quite good much better than the test match. I wouldnt say there are crow chants but there is alot of noise being made by them. No I havnt got reverse swing yet

One thing i have noticed the white ball swings more than the red ball

Match Update

England are 37/1 after 6 overs

I managed to get Wright bowled with an inswinging yorker by Steyn. I felt really good because I kept bowling a good length followed by short balls then my last ball of the over was a yorker and I bowled him

In the review which the mate posted in the reviews thread it said the atmosphere is electric in twenty twenty matched. Can somebody tell a little what it's like in the 20 20 match ? How does the AI pace their inning ? How does the pitch behave ? What music plays if we hit fours or sixes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread