Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Wow Ive never been so happy to be a broke-ass student because if I had money i would have bought/pre-ordered the game already. By the time I get the game in October it will prob be very cheap or there will be patches already.

Still not sure if I will get the game for xbox (reason for getting the game October, thats when Im getting console) or PC (depending on whether official patches will actually be made). Until then I will just read the forum in anticipation for SOME breakthroughs patching-wise because from what Im reading its just a whole lot of aggravation and irritations surrounding this game from most!

look like Ac 09 becoming one of the best selling games by codemasters,
hope more developer will now take risk to make a cricket game :)
Ea did you saw this :sarcasm

I've had varying succes with test conditions on the demo. However, playing as Australia, I restricted England quite nicely bowling a very tight line outside the left handers off stump, eventually snaring Cook for 12 off 55. He never looked comfortable with the constant barrage of balls in the corridor, and I slipped in a slower ball which he tonked into Ponting's hands at slip.

Difficulty was on Hard. They only got up to around 4 an over because of my no balls, which totalled 15.

I've added a screen of the gameplay itself to prove that it was the AI going at such a sensible pace :p

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-21-48-11.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-21-48-11.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 13
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-25-45-77.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-25-45-77.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-27-30-61.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-27-30-61.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-24-07-50.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-24-07-50.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 11
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-22-16-19.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 12-22-16-19.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Transmisson should be the ones working on a patch - It would be nice to hear from them regarding this and put everyones fears at rest .... We'll be able to tell then if it's been another 'hit and run' with our money job like previous codemasters cricket games. Although I do feel that Transmisson will be different and will stick by their game adn support it through patches... it would just be nice to hear something from them on everyones feedback on the game post release......well here's hoping :sarcasm

I think you're a smart man!

Transmission and Codemasters have stated numerous times they trying to create a solid PES-like franchise out of this one. I'd put money on the Transmission guys working on a patch as we speak.

I hope it sells really well, will bode well for another installment of the game in a timely manner.

Having a great test match here, looks like I'm going to lose but its been a really fun game. The Aussies are 73/1 off 22.3 overs, needing 141 more runs to win. It was looking like a very tight game until I had a middle order collapse in my second innings. Run rate from the AI has been very steady which I'm pleased with.

Zavvi now have the PC version in stock at ?17.95, so I have ordered from them and cancelled the play.com order. Sorry, play. Took far too long. The game was released Friday and you still have no stock? :noway

Zavvi should dispatch it by tomorow latest. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Really? Tell us more!

so how many placed have you cancelled orders from now mate? If I lived in the UK I would have just bought you one from the store already to end your obvious suffering

so how many placed have you cancelled orders from now mate? If I lived in the UK I would have just bought you one from the store already to end your obvious suffering

Only cancelled one order: play.com's. Zavvi are preparing it for dispatch, so I'll have it later this week. I'm not suffering, just getting a trifle impatient. I didn't order it from anyone else: I was only checking them. I ordered from play, cancelled, now ordered from Zavvi and am now waiting its dispatch. So I'll have it later this week, for the price I wanted it for. I very rarely spend more than ?20 on games, not if I can find them online for cheaper.

This is what you have to look forward to Blaster. :banana2

What I don't understand is other guys seem to be getting very realistic tests, matches that go late into day four. However, none of them appear to be on PC...

Only cancelled one order: play.com's. Zavvi are preparing it for dispatch, so I'll have it later this week. I'm not suffering, just getting a trifle impatient. I didn't order it from anyone else: I was only checking them. I ordered from play, cancelled, now ordered from Zavvi and am now waiting its dispatch. So I'll have it later this week, for the price I wanted it for. I very rarely spend more than ?20 on games, not if I can find them online for cheaper.

just got my copy mate! wooo hooo!

Play do indeed seem to have gone a bit rubbish recently. :noway

Indeed, I received a DVD I ordered from them today in the post. They did a good job, shame the disk was in two peices.

On the bright side, I'll get it free now.

I've always used Amazon for my online shopping, they're reliable, quick, and have excellent packaging. I'd rather pay ?1.25 for a delivery which makes it in one peice. They delivered my copy of Ashes 09 back on Friday, shame its still at home :(

Users who are viewing this thread