Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Transmisson should be the ones working on a patch - It would be nice to hear from them regarding this and put everyones fears at rest .... We'll be able to tell then if it's been another 'hit and run' with our money job like previous codemasters cricket games. Although I do feel that Transmisson will be different and will stick by their game adn support it through patches... it would just be nice to hear something from them on everyones feedback on the game post release......well here's hoping :sarcasm

The only thing I'm worried about is the guys pulling the strings: Codemasters. Transmission might be straining at the leash to patch the game, but if Codies say no, it's no I'm afraid.

Transmisson should be the ones working on a patch - It would be nice to hear from them regarding this and put everyones fears at rest .... We'll be able to tell then if it's been another 'hit and run' with our money job like previous codemasters cricket games. Although I do feel that Transmisson will be different and will stick by their game adn support it through patches... it would just be nice to hear something from them on everyones feedback on the game post release......well here's hoping :sarcasm

But our members also know a thing or two about patching as far as I know. So why wait for transmission, they already have their money

I would expect the P.C. boys to be able to do something with the AI, but I don't think that'll extend to the running. Save regularly and reload is the only way to go, unless Transmission do something.

Well not me personally but I know that rosters have been made and also a few faces and kits.

I would expect the P.C. boys to be able to do something with the AI, but I don't think that'll extend to the running. Save regularly and reload is the only way to go, unless Transmission do something.

i am not a big fan of saving and reloading; but true for know i dont think we have much of a option, by the way i think fixing runout bug must be easy then AI bug ,,,, well it should be

i got the windies out for 357 with an over to go in day 1. So i batted that over out it showed the players go off but then when they came back on it was still day one. And now its currently 7.16 pm with the flood lights on. is this a bug or is their day/night test matches?

i got the windies out for 357 with an over to go in day 1. So i batted that over out it showed the players go off but then when they came back on it was still day one. And now its currently 7.16 pm with the flood lights on. is this a bug or is their day/night test matches?

Bloody hell, is that the full game? It sounds like a bug to me.

guys i'm playing a test match ... me England , AI Aus ..

2ltpq47.jpg

how about the RR :D btw this is not the full version ! :) still i'm playing the demo on PC :D

got the full version today...wasnt expecting any changes from the demo
and was not surprised either.

it felt exactly like the demo.same stupid AI runouts, same aggressive AI pacing, same repetitive bowling and fielding tactics,same crappy edge system etc.....

first game and already scored 116/1 in 10 overs...and mind you that 1 wicket was the games fault for playing a hook shot for a yorker delivery inspite of pressing CTRL !!! :mad:

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-10 18-19-15-98.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-10 18-19-15-98.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 26
This is what you have to look forward to Blaster. :banana2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 56
Patch 1 - Pat Style

Fix 1:

if (ball is dead) = not run anymore
else(ball is NOT dead) = can make a run, do so.

Fix 2:

One Day Batting - Aggression variable 7
20/20 Batting - Aggression variable 9
Test Match batting - Aggression variable 5.

Where (test match batting) = >6
Must be chasing
Could be poor bowling
Could be a batting surface
Run rate not fast enough
Batsman ability typically allows for quick runs

Where (test match batting) = <5
Bowlers pitch
Gradually building up a solid total
Is Andrew Strauss
Batsman is easing himself in.
Defending to save a test match.

Fix 3

Foot in crease after ball is dead or has been taken by a wicketkeeper = 1

Again, I'll work for free.

Ashes Cricket takes UK by Storm (Best Selling for Week)

This is for the week ending August 8, 2009; and Ashes Cricket 2009 apparently takes the UK by storm.

1. ASHES CRICKET 2009
2. WII SPORTS RESORT
3. WII FIT
4. TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10
5. FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4
6. HARRY POTTER & THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
7. CALL OF JUAREZ: BOUND IN BLOOD
8. MARIO KART WII
9. G-FORCE
10. THE SIMS 3

source: UK Game Charts: Week Ending August 8, 2009 - Voodoo Extreme

I have to say I immensely enjoyed my one off T20 yesterday. Playing with your own team is a totally different experience. And it was very realistic as I managed to have my very own batting collapse (I was playing Pakistan :)

Last edited:
they need to fix the lobby area in the PC online mode as well as you can't even send game invites.....But another positive is the actual online play :)

Users who are viewing this thread