Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Correct me if I am wrong mate but childish things released the official patch within the first week of ICC 2009 being released. And don?t you honestly think more and more people would end up buying the game if they know they are getting the best cricket game ever ( I mean realistic cricket game ever) because they can fix all the bugs with the official patch. I am sure the word is out, that this game has some game braking bugs with it.

I get your point but I am not sure you get mine. I can't see them releasing a patch for the game before it has been released. It has been released in the UK but not yet in other places. That's my point. They may well release a patch next week, I know not.

This was the same case with Fifa 09 last year as well. The makers on it were doing everything they could to get it right and didn't reveal information until the last week or so before the patch. Why would you say "we're releasing a patch in a month" it's better just to do it a week before or so, so you don't lose any sales.

If you were a a producer/developer would you say your game had bugs?

I get your point but I am not sure you get mine. I can't see them releasing a patch for the game before it has been released. It has been released in the UK but not yet in other places. That's my point. They may well release a patch next week, I know not.

i can see your point mate, i just think more then waiting for them to make the patch its better if some of our guys to make a patch. surely there are good ones who can make a good patch. well i am not a one of them :D

Had a probably 4 dodgy run ou in about ten hours of play from the AI. I did have a session were my batsman would only run to half way down the wicket but a reload solved it (been saving every 5 overs since '99 :p)

The only ODI I played was on easy v Kenya so I could get the unlock! Not tried online yet either.

Yep, saving and reloading is the only way to go! Only you have to be disciplined enough not to re-load after that crucial batting mistake has lost you an important wicket!:D

im having an test match England (me) vs australia at Cardiff (not on ashes mode) set on overcast heavy wind and cold, on hard. i am in bat and in 1.2 overs i am on 3/0

What looked to have been a promising start has gone. Alistair Cook caught on 6. It is now 12/1.

Just got bowled out for 373 after 101 overs, 2nd morning of the first Ashes test.

Cook made 155 but North took 8/58 (25) :eek:

Australia are currently 16/0 after 3

A pig positive is that the PC can be patched. Real names, proper skills, eventually we will find new kits and new faces, and maybe one day we'll get an AI patch.

This. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. :laugh

I'm not even bothering harking on, just hoping the 2-3 major gripes are acknowledged and fixed.

Hell, Transmission, if you read this I'll test the thing for free.

Guys I am just asking, have any one of our members started work on doing a patch for the game which will result in fixing runout bug, Test AI batting bug etc,?. Please say yes

Zavvi now have the PC version in stock at ?17.95, so I have ordered from them and cancelled the play.com order. Sorry, play. Took far too long. The game was released Friday and you still have no stock? :noway

Zavvi should dispatch it by tomorow latest. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I think we're really starting to get somewhere in the patch department.

Really? Tell us more!

Guys I am just asking, have any one of our members started work on doing a patch for the game which will result in fixing runout bug, Test AI batting bug etc,?. Please say yes

Transmisson should be the ones working on a patch - It would be nice to hear from them regarding this and put everyones fears at rest .... We'll be able to tell then if it's been another 'hit and run' with our money job like previous codemasters cricket games. Although I do feel that Transmisson will be different and will stick by their game adn support it through patches... it would just be nice to hear something from them on everyones feedback on the game post release......well here's hoping :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread