Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Indeed, I received a DVD I ordered from them today in the post. They did a good job, shame the disk was in two peices.

On the bright side, I'll get it free now.

I've always used Amazon for my online shopping, they're reliable, quick, and have excellent packaging. I'd rather pay ?1.25 for a delivery which makes it in one peice. They delivered my copy of Ashes 09 back on Friday, shame its still at home :(

Your play.com order arrived broken??

Bloody hell!! I have never had any such problems with play.com and I've made many orders from them. I would demand some sort of discount!! Probably won't make any difference, but I'd tell 'em what I thought of it!

Your play.com order arrived broken??

Bloody hell!! I have never had any such problems with play.com and I've made many orders from them. I would demand some sort of discount!! Probably won't make any difference, but I'd tell 'em what I thought of it!

I've already emailed with both a picture of the disk and a printed receipt of the order. See what happens.

Just had a run-outless match on the demo, 2 whole innings without a single muck up between the wickets. Shame I lost by 2 wickets, but you can't have everything. :noway

I've already emailed with both a picture of the disk and a printed receipt of the order. See what happens.

Just had a run-outless match on the demo, 2 whole innings without a single muck up between the wickets. Shame I lost by 2 wickets, but you can't have everything. :noway

It's an absolute disgrace - how could the disk get broken??

No idea, opened up the case and it was lose from the clips, in two bits. Maybe the fault of our glorious Mail service, or manufacturing. Either way, it's a faff I could do without.

I still can't quite believe it. Was the wrapping off as well; if so, it sounds as though some prat just snapped the disc for the hell of it...

Still, you're getting a free copy from play.com, so at least you haven't lost any money. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer you some sort of credit voucher by way of apology - these companies don't like bad publicity and that's spread at a moment's notice these days.

Yeah, hopefully they'll reimburse me somehow, although I'll wait for there reply before bad mouthing (although technically I may have accidently let slip my dissatisfaction here...)

Anyway, I'll get back on topic. My flat mates just arrived back from the airport, clutching a rucksack, a six pack of Fosters, and a 360 version of AC09. Typical for a guy returning from the Far East, eh?

Looks like my night's sorted, will report back on my thoughts of the final version and the differences the PC demo.

Its official,

I'm taking a hiatus for at least a couple of days, I've played this game to death over the last 4 or 5 days, and now its slightly wearing thin! Just thought i'd share this :p

Yeah, hopefully they'll reimburse me somehow, although I'll wait for there reply before bad mouthing (although technically I may have accidently let slip my dissatisfaction here...)

Anyway, I'll get back on topic. My flat mates just arrived back from the airport, clutching a rucksack, a six pack of Fosters, and a 360 version of AC09. Typical for a guy returning from the Far East, eh?

Looks like my night's sorted, will report back on my thoughts of the final version and the differences the PC demo.

Everyone here, don't slag off play.com yet; wait and see what happens.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Its official,

I'm taking a hiatus for at least a couple of days, I've played this game to death over the last 4 or 5 days, and now its slightly wearing thin! Just thought i'd share this :p

To be honest mate, I find that's the case with all sports games - play them for too long and you get bored.

To be honest mate, I find that's the case with all sports games - play them for too long and you get bored.

Yup, its nothing about the game, its just that now every time I get out, I feel like sticking the controller through the TV!

Yup, its nothing about the game, its just that now every time I get out, I feel like sticking the controller through the TV!

Lol, I know that feeling!! Remember, you have to feel like playing a cricket game - you need to be in a patient mood. If not, forget it - play something else!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread