Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

But there is a lot to patch, though. They might consider it too much work, to actually patch the game. The game is a good several months away from being complete. You're right though, there is plenty of positive feedback, but the negative feedback cannot be forgotten or swept under the carpet. I'd be slightly insulted if they didn't patch it, as I'd be genuinely shocked that they'd care so little for the customers as to think that AC09 is a complete game.

But there is a lot to patch, though. They might consider it too much work, to actually patch the game. The game is a good several months away from being complete. You're right though, there is plenty of positive feedback, but the negative feedback cannot be forgotten or swept under the carpet. I'd be slightly insulted if they didn't patch it, as I'd be genuinely shocked that they'd care so little for the customers as to think that AC09 is a complete game.

I agree entirely, it would feel a bit like a slap in the face if they didn't patch the game, especially after all the feedback we've posted.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Wonderful! Another sodding Mail Strike!

Rivals waiting to pick up the parcels if Royal Mail can't deliver | UK news | The Guardian

My copy was sent on Tuesday, so hopefully it'll dodge this nonsense...somehow. :facepalm

Posted by Sureshot
"But there is a lot to patch, though. They might consider it too much work, to actually patch the game. The game is a good several months away from being complete. You're right though, there is plenty of positive feedback, but the negative feedback cannot be forgotten or swept under the carpet. I'd be slightly insulted if they didn't patch it, as I'd be genuinely shocked that they'd care so little for the customers as to think that AC09 is a complete game."

Well I'm finding it quite pleasurable, I would not class myself as a hardcore video cricket player but have played most of the BLIC titles normally I avoid the bowling as I never found it enjoyable.(after all that's what we play games for remember, ENJOYMENT :banana2) With AC2009 I'm finding myself involved in all aspects even including fielding, I may not be very good at the game but I don't care I'm having fun.
Will a patch make it better, probably. But it's still fun to play at the moment so until then I'll make do with what I've got. I've already expressed my views in a previous post regarding Codies aftersales support.

I enjoy it too, but I'd enjoy it a lot more if I was actually playing a game that had been finished.

I enjoy it too, but I'd enjoy it a lot more if I was actually playing a game that had been finished.

I can think of many other bug ridden games released in the past normally they get patched, mainstream cricket games unfortunately seem not to have fared so well in this department.
I'm not to fussed at this point as I finally won a game and I don't care that it was only Kenya (no offence to any Kenyans reading this).:happy

Online is great, although 90% of the time people quit. I am yet to meet a person online who is better then me. seems like i am the only one who knows how to play this game online. Is anyone out there who can give me good match. Come on!

My xbox 360 tag is alioz (I dare you all) lol

The game is very good, the positives over BLIC07 are innumerable, but the bugs, such as the run-out glitch, stick out like sore thumbs against the rest of a solid next-gen cricketer.

I played a few games on my Bro's Xbox, a few things I didn't like:

-Flight with the spinners, I didn't seem to be able to get any?

-Bowler's like Malinga bowling at around 160K

-Way too many wierd edges, most of them didn't carry.

I'm not a massive gamefreak but those are just a few things I didn't like. The game is quite enjoyable though. Spin just seems quite useless on it.

In what ever way possible AI agression has to be stopped by patch makers

I played against India, me as australia in one day and made 255 in 50 overs.I am still learning to play.AI reached target in 18 overs with 7 wickets down.For first two overs they were playing nice, defensive but once first wicket fall in 2nd over ,it was unbelivable.Every single ball wherever i put slogged.either 4 or 6.weird new batsman who just came to bat hit three4 's and two 6'his first 5 balls.unbelievable. AI agression has to be reduced atleast 60%-70% for one days and 50% for tests.Even in 20-20 games also they wont slog like that.Awful game and that stupid runout bug.I am so disgusted with this game.Run outs are also bad. 3 useless runouts

I bought a game called Madden 10 today (An American Football sim)

It is utterly fanatastic but on the OS forums the developers have acknowledged that it still needs work and confirmed, before release, that Patch 1 was under way and would be ready to download shortly after release.

They have also now set up a thread on OS to covet opinion on what they should be looking to put in patch 2 to provide that final polish to their game.

Now that is customer relations of the highest order. And all from a publisher called EA Sports.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say Transmission and Codies could learn a thing or two about customer service from EA Sports.

I bought a game called Madden 10 today (An American Football sim)

It is utterly fanatastic but on the OS forums the developers have acknowledged that it still needs work and confirmed, before release, that Patch 1 was under way and would be ready to download shortly after release.

They have also now set up a thread on OS to covet opinion on what they should be looking to put in patch 2 to provide that final polish to their game.

Now that is customer relations of the highest order. And all from a publisher called EA Sports.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say Transmission and Codies could learn a thing or two about customer service from EA Sports.

Madden is a huge gaming franchise though, they know the worthiness of the title, and it brings in a lot of money year after year, so they put more effort into it.

In what ever way possible AI agression has to be stopped by patch makers

I played against India, me as australia in one day and made 255 in 50 overs.I am still learning to play.AI reached target in 18 overs with 7 wickets down.For first two overs they were playing nice, defensive but once first wicket fall in 2nd over ,it was unbelivable.Every single ball wherever i put slogged.either 4 or 6.weird new batsman who just came to bat hit three4 's and two 6'his first 5 balls.unbelievable. AI agression has to be reduced atleast 60%-70% for one days and 50% for tests.Even in 20-20 games also they wont slog like that.Awful game and that stupid runout bug.I am so disgusted with this game.Run outs are also bad. 3 useless runouts

Your a bad player thats all there is to it

So far, the main thing I've noticed is that the game runs at 30fps at the most, 10fps at the least; the demo ran at 60fps throughout. Having said that, in the game I'm playing, the AI are 38/0 from 10 overs and they're not finding it entirely comfortable either.

This could be a driver issue. If not, I'll be sure to tell you.

Madden is a huge gaming franchise though, they know the worthiness of the title, and it brings in a lot of money year after year, so they put more effort into it.

Ea Sports will have the wood over any other developer always

Users who are viewing this thread