Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Just to finish it of, I hope I am wrong. Coz I think for the first time some one has actually got the logic of cricket and its fundamentals in a PC game. But it?s a shame if that entire hard works get discredited for some careless testing, and silly programming errors. So that?s why I am trying to push them if I can, to give us the ultimate game

i am sorry about the way you good guys feel about what i had to say

Don't worry about it mate, you don't need to hope about being wrong, you simply are wrong.

Just to finish it of, I hope I am wrong. Coz I think for the first time some one has actually got the logic of cricket and its fundamentals in a PC game. But it?s a shame if that entire hard works get discredited for some careless testing, and silly programming errors. So that?s why I am trying to push them if I can, to give us the ultimate game

i am sorry about the way you good guys feel about what i had to say

Don't worry about it; when all is said and done, we're all on the same side. I have also been pushing them (have you seen how many posts I've added to the first page of the patch thread?) I mean, you want to see this guy over at the Fifa forums - he seems to be doing all he can to do Fifa down - all he cares about is PES this, PES that! At least you're not doing that.

How do you guys use the advance shot? I find that the batsman comes down much quicker than a real batsman would so I often get through the shot too early.

cool mates no hard feelings :)

diaskasun added 4 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

How do you guys use the advance shot? I find that the batsman comes down much quicker than a real batsman would so I often get through the shot too early.

press shift + ctrl + and what ever shot you need to play (arrow keys) and wait til bowlers arm reaches 270 before pressing them

cool mates no hard feelings :)

Is this the email you were referring to?

Hi Sibi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we appreciate the effort. I'm afraid we are unable to comment on any plans regarding a patch at this stage, for now please contact customer support via Codemasters US support homepage | contact our customer services and find the latest upgrades, patches and FAQ’s and listen out for any official announcements from Codemasters.

Kind Regards,

Robert Walkley.
Robert Walkley is the lead programmer for transmission games.

If so, relax! It is merely a standard response that companies give to people who ask them such questions. It doesn't mean they're not making a patch. It means they're not just going to give an exclusive to any Tom, Dick or Harry who write in. :)

Is this the email you were referring to?

Hi Sibi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we appreciate the effort. I'm afraid we are unable to comment on any plans regarding a patch at this stage, for now please contact customer support via Codemasters US support homepage | contact our customer services and find the latest upgrades, patches and FAQ’s and listen out for any official announcements from Codemasters.

Kind Regards,

Robert Walkley.
Robert Walkley is the lead programmer for transmission games.

If so, relax! It is merely a standard response that companies give to people who ask them such questions. It doesn't mean they're not making a patch. It means they're not just going to give an exclusive to any Tom, Dick or Harry who write in. :)

yes mate, this was the mail, how ever more then the mail i have a bad feeling about no afficial announcement after knowing the game has major bugs around..... anyway i think il go with what you guys., lets just hope some one makes a patch and i mean some one ......... :spy did i mention i love our pc boys he he he :hpraise

I might be totally wrong about this, but do companies usually announce that they're going to make a patch, or do they just announce it on release/very close to release?

I find the fact that the lead programmer has written to a customer in person to be very encouraging.

Last edited:
Buddy, from what I can see, the e-mail's just saying that they can't comment on the patch at this time, not that there isn't one at all. MB's right, this is quite obviously an automated e-mail. I remember feeling mega-awesome when Nintendo replied to my e-mail but then realised it was automated.

(Awaiting the cries of "I'm not your buddy, guy! I'm not your guy, friend!")

EDIT: Usually with patches they're either announced a couple of days beforehand or just straight out released with most games.

Buddy, from what I can see, the e-mail's just saying that they can't comment on the patch at this time, not that there isn't one at all. MB's right, this is quite obviously an automated e-mail. I remember feeling mega-awesome when Nintendo replied to my e-mail but then realised it was automated.

(Awaiting the cries of "I'm not your buddy, guy! I'm not your guy, friend!")

I don't think it's automated, but it is definitely a standard response, nothing more than that. It neither confirms nor denies the existence of a patch.

I might be totally wrong about this, but do companies usually announce that they're going to make a patch, or do they just announce it on release/very close to release?

I find the fact that the lead programmer has written to a customer in person to be very encouraging.

well, if you take ICC09 they released the patch after 3days from game being release but there was no announcement in advance...

well we have some experiance of childish things looking after its market simply becoz they dont have such monopoly ,,,,, will see will see

On a side note, a quick visit to Codemaster's forum will show that they've released at least three patches for GRiD, so that is encouraging. Maybe they didn't bother with BLIC 2007 because nearly everyone was posting extremely negative feedback. With AC09, there is plenty of positive feedback to encourage them to make a patch.

Users who are viewing this thread